Stop the Steal!

Thread Rating:

December 21st, 2020 at 6:49:27 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Shrek
Someone's too scared to bet old Shrek. 🤣🤣

I'll make a bet proposal, though I'm not supposed to on politics, since it's only forum membership and nothing of financial value, I don't think it would matter or count.

If only Trump gets sworn in (as President) in January of 2021 I'll suspend for 1 year.
If only Biden gets sworn (as President) in January 2021 you suspend for 1 year.
If neither gets sworn in, in 2021, its a push (neither suspends).
If for some strange reason both get legally sworn in (highly unlikely) its also a push.

The "time served" for the losing party would then be in effect from 01FEB2021 to 01FEB2022.

To clarify this means legally sworn in as President (not a publicly stunt).
https://www.usa.gov/inauguration

This can either be a self-suspension (agreement to not post, but not formally suspended), or a mod forced suspension (your choice I don't care). I don't think it would be fair for either party (mostly for you) for a permanent suspension. Also, this would only factor for this site (not WOV). That is my proposal.

Both men are too old, and there are too many variables to agree to "Biden gets sworn in" or nothing. You have to be equally confident in another canidate to be sworn in for it to be fair.

I know very little about political betting, but that seems like a fair proposal, if somebody wants to modify the wording or clarify terms I would probably be fine with it. But, you seem so eager for a bet, I don’t mind playing.....
December 21st, 2020 at 7:36:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Bruce Bartman, a 70-year-old from Delaware County, Pennsylvania, has been charged with voter fraud.
He pretended to be his dead mom to vote for President Donald Trump in the 2020 election and registered his dead mother-in-law to vote, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors said it was the only voter-fraud case they found after hundreds of tips.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/officials-finally-found-a-case-of-a-dead-person-voting-accusing-a-republican-of-pretending-to-be-his-dead-mom-to-vote-for-trump/ar-BB1c7CpU?ocid=msedgntp

Lock him up!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 22nd, 2020 at 4:58:25 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler
I'll make a bet proposal, though I'm not supposed to on politics, since it's only forum membership and nothing of financial value, I don't think it would matter or count.

If only Trump gets sworn in (as President) in January of 2021 I'll suspend for 1 year.
If only Biden gets sworn (as President) in January 2021 you suspend for 1 year.
If neither gets sworn in, in 2021, its a push (neither suspends).
If for some strange reason both get legally sworn in (highly unlikely) its also a push.

The "time served" for the losing party would then be in effect from 01FEB2021 to 01FEB2022.

To clarify this means legally sworn in as President (not a publicly stunt).
https://www.usa.gov/inauguration

This can either be a self-suspension (agreement to not post, but not formally suspended), or a mod forced suspension (your choice I don't care). I don't think it would be fair for either party (mostly for you) for a permanent suspension. Also, this would only factor for this site (not WOV). That is my proposal.

Both men are too old, and there are too many variables to agree to "Biden gets sworn in" or nothing. You have to be equally confident in another canidate to be sworn in for it to be fair.

I know very little about political betting, but that seems like a fair proposal, if somebody wants to modify the wording or clarify terms I would probably be fine with it. But, you seem so eager for a bet, I don’t mind playing.....

I suspect Shrek will read this offer and promptly resume loudly pretending he has you blocked.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 22nd, 2020 at 6:58:28 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: rxwine
Quote:
Bruce Bartman, a 70-year-old from Delaware County, Pennsylvania, has been charged with voter fraud.
He pretended to be his dead mom to vote for President Donald Trump in the 2020 election and registered his dead mother-in-law to vote, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors said it was the only voter-fraud case they found after hundreds of tips.

He must be related to that guy who ruined the Cubs World Series chance in 2003.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bartman_incident
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 22nd, 2020 at 7:20:38 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
The only way Joe won’t take office is if he dies between now and Jan. 20th.

Nothing the GOP does will overturn the election. I know they’re all pinning their hopes on something unconstitutional happening on Jan. 6th, but it’s just another fantasy. Another chance for us lefties to laugh at you when it doesn’t go your way.

Just so much losing...over and over again. Unbelievable amounts of losing. SAD!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 22nd, 2020 at 7:59:40 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: ams288
I suspect Shrek will read this offer and promptly resume loudly pretending he has you blocked.

Well, my proposal will stand for 48 hours, for him (or anyone else).

If you are 100% Trump will get sworn in and hate me, it should be an easy way to get me banned for a year.

The 48 hour period is only because there are so many health changes in 48 hours too much about either canidate could be changed, and it can't just sit open. If nobody accepts it by 2000 EST On 24DEC2020 (Christmas Eve) it will be dead and somebody will have to make a new proposal. That is well over 48 hours (since my original post) actually and gives him or anyone else plenty of time to see it.

I know there are many people on here confident that Trump will be sworn in, and one that seems eager to bet suspensions on it, so let's see if anyone actually will.
December 22nd, 2020 at 8:17:53 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
Well, my proposal will stand for 48 hours, for him (or anyone else).

If you are 100% Trump will get sworn in and hate me, it should be an easy way to get me banned for a year.

Why would anyone want to get you or anyone else banned for a year? What makes this an interesting forum with such few members is the diversity of opinion. I would be out of here if everyone was on the same page. No intellectual stimulation or growth living in a bubble of agreement. That is why the rich and famous end up being so off the wall a lot of the time, they live with their entourage and everyone agrees with everything they say.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 22nd, 2020 at 8:26:31 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman
Why would anyone want to get you or anyone else banned for a year? What makes this an interesting forum with such few members is the diversity of opinion. I would be out of here if everyone was on the same page. No intellectual stimulation or growth living in a bubble of agreement. That is why the rich and famous end up being so off the wall a lot of the time, they live with their entourage and everyone agrees with everything they say.

I agree. And, it was not my idea. (Thats why I changed it to just a year, I think a lifetime ban for a bet it not reasonable for any side).

The original proposal was by the R. side for a permanent ban, but I proposed a 1 year suspension (voluntary or forced). Also, its pretty much the only political bet that I can make, since there are so many pages of people asking for a bet, I think it is a fair proposal that does not have a permeant effect (but long enough of a time to be a negative loss for the loser so that there is something on the line so to speak).

Personally I only indulged because it seems like such a slam dunk win, I can't believe no other liberal came back to the members wanting to bet, who will be sworn in , with a proposal.
December 22nd, 2020 at 8:52:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
Just so much losing...over and over again. Unbelievable amounts of losing. SAD!

Biggest sore loser in the history of mankind
I just sit back and chuckle at his tweets
Just an hour ago, going all Caps as if it means something. I guess it does. screaming lol
He's bordering on crazy
Pence needs to step in and be Pres the last 30 days. Donald is going nuts

"THE DEMOCRATS DUMPED HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF BALLOTS IN THE SWING STATES LATE IN THE EVENING. IT WAS A RIGGED ELECTION!!!"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 22nd, 2020 at 9:05:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I love reading these stories about how Donny has totally lost it and is turning on his allies who don’t support his attempted coup:

https://www.axios.com/trump-white-house-conspiracy-theories-d95450a4-c7a3-4579-a568-0473b18529c9.html
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman