Lovely QATAR Airways

Page 1 of 61234>Last »
October 27th, 2020 at 8:23:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quick summary.... baby was found abandoned at airport in Qatar. Women were forced to get off a plane and subject to pelvic exams in ambulances on the tarmac before being allowed back on plane. Imagine having your 16 year old daughter forcibly ‘examined’ by random men assigned by Qatar government to ‘look for signs’ of being post partum! Cross Qatar off ALL lists! I hope they lose World Cup over this!
October 27th, 2020 at 8:36:26 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: SOOPOO
Quick summary.... baby was found abandoned at airport in Qatar. Women were forced to get off a plane and subject to pelvic exams in ambulances on the tarmac before being allowed back on plane. Imagine having your 16 year old daughter forcibly ‘examined’ by random men assigned by Qatar government to ‘look for signs’ of being post partum! Cross Qatar off ALL lists! I hope they lose World Cup over this!

So they did not even have gynecologists doing the exams - they had random airport security personnel?

YIKES!!!
October 27th, 2020 at 8:44:06 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I lived there for a year, very rich (I think the richest country in the world, at least at the time), but backwards county.

If you like alcohol gambling, and bacon you would hate living there, backwards treatment of women aside.....

Being gay is illegal. Jews are hated (you can't even call "Israeli Bandages" by their name because they will refuse to have Jew products on them).

There is nothing good about Qatar, I don't know why so many here defend it, and so many American love traveling there....

They also fund a lot of sketch organizations, but that is getting way off topic.... Al Jazeera is a toxic stream (which many here also seem to defend).

Yeah Qatar should be off all American lists for years already, this is just more of same backwardness of their theocracy.
October 27th, 2020 at 8:50:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

There is nothing good about Qatar, I don't know why so many here defend it, and so many American love traveling there....

People love it as a poor man's Dubai from what I have seen. Other than Israel I would not go to any country over there.
The President is a fink.
October 27th, 2020 at 9:04:24 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
People love it as a poor man's Dubai from what I have seen. Other than Israel I would not go to any country over there.

I am pretty sure Qatat is wealthier than UAE (when I was there it was the number 1 in the world, I am not sure if that is still the case). UAE is quite wealthy as well.

But, UAE is just as bad (maybe slightly, and I mean slightly better).

It just shows vast money does not make social progress. You can be the richest countries in the world, and still a backwards totalitarian theocracy.
October 27th, 2020 at 9:16:01 AM permalink
SOOPOO
I think FIFA has regretted choosing Qatar to host the World Cup since the day after the bribery checks cleared. I am wondering if this will turn into a ‘George Floyd moment’ and force a change to USA.....
October 27th, 2020 at 9:20:35 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: aceofspades
So they did not even have gynecologists doing the exams - they had random airport security personnel?

YIKES!!!

I have no idea if they had gynecologists or airport baggage handlers doing the exams. My point was more that the women had NO CHOICE and thus to me this is assault.
October 27th, 2020 at 9:24:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Yikes.

Out of morbid curiosity, did they find the mother?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 27th, 2020 at 9:25:33 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: SOOPOO
I think FIFA has regretted choosing Qatar to host the World Cup since the day after the bribery checks cleared. I am wondering if this will turn into a ‘George Floyd moment’ and force a change to USA.....

I doubt it, this is routine type stuff in Qatar.

There has been endless scandals since the FIFA announcement.
Look into the slave labour being used to build the stadiums (and the amount who have died).
October 27th, 2020 at 10:44:19 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
I doubt it, this is routine type stuff in Qatar.

There has been endless scandals since the FIFA announcement.
Look into the slave labour being used to build the stadiums (and the amount who have died).

I used to miss pronounce this airline all the time till I spoke to their rep and he corrected me
Its pronounced exactly like 'cutter'
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 1 of 61234>Last »