RV life with Terapined

December 16th, 2021 at 4:23:08 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I remember going into a WW2 submarine when I was a kid, but don't remember where it was. But just now, I found out Chicago has a WW2 German submarine in a museum. I don't know if you can go inside.

As children our father forced us to visit every ship and submarine and do the tour. I would guess I have been on at least 30 different ships. I think they are interesting but really almost all look alike.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 16th, 2021 at 6:24:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
As children our father forced us to visit every ship and submarine and do the tour. I would guess I have been on at least 30 different ships. I think they are interesting but really almost all look alike.

Well, that's kind of crazy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2021 at 7:43:26 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
Well, that's kind of crazy.

My father was the explorer type. Vacations consisted of very long drives. I had visited 42 states before turning 18 years old. I have since been to all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and many more places. I have not yet been to Guam but that is on my list.
December 17th, 2021 at 8:16:13 AM permalink
rxwine
If you ever get to Kentucky. I remember Mammoth Cave from my youth. I remember hearing then it wasn't fully explored. Still isn't

Quote:
Mammoth Cave is the longest known cave in the world, with about 350 miles of interconnected passages known today. Exploration and mapping continue, and there is no end in sight.

That's a lot of walking.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2021 at 12:19:50 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I have not yet been to Guam but that is on my list.

I hope you like snakes.

https://www.sciencealert.com/guam-s-plague-of-snakes-is-having-a-devastating-impact-on-the-trees
December 18th, 2021 at 4:49:30 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: missedhervee

I have seen the occassional snake and they dont bother me. Many snakes will probably bother me.

Having lived in Florida now for almost a month I am disappointed that I havent seen a snake or alligator yet. I did have an opossum in my yard yesterday.
December 18th, 2021 at 6:31:52 AM permalink
rxwine
I have seen the occassional snake and they dont bother me. Many snakes will probably bother me.

Having lived in Florida now for almost a month I am disappointed that I havent seen a snake or alligator yet. I did have an opossum in my yard yesterday.

We used to swim in the canals when I lived there as a teen. There was always some danger of an alligator, in fact, I remember a girl losing part of her arm in one of the parks where we swum sometimes. But as they say, gators aren't as aggressive as crocs. So, it's not as likely.
December 18th, 2021 at 6:32:38 AM permalink
rxwine
I don't believe i'll be doing it ever again though.
December 19th, 2021 at 4:05:48 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Was on an ‘eco-adventure’ type trip in Ecuador. Was taken swimming in a river which was basically brown. Virtually no visibility. The next day we were offered a fishing trip on the same river in the same general area. Our guide reels in a feisty piranha. We ask WTF were we doing swimming in piranha infested waters?!? He said they won’t attack a healthy swimmer in open waters. Regardless, when offered the chance to go swimming again no one chose to!
December 20th, 2021 at 6:21:04 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
ALWAYS been Trump supporters. I have NEVER read a post of his where he mentions conversations with supporters of bidumb or any other democrat.

Its a cult
Intelligent people are not fans of politicians
Only Trumpers are
It's like scientology
In Clearwater, you can spot them a mile away
Same for the Trump cult
So easy to spot due to their cult devotion
I can easily criticize Biden because I don't belong to a cult
Trumpers are so brainwashed, they truly believe Trump won in a landslide. Just look at the Trump cult members on this board.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"