The Old Guard

Page 4 of 6<123456>
July 18th, 2020 at 3:59:15 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Which sounds like it would be including all bi-sexuals. That to me has always been a group that is just into weird sex or wanting to sound "cool" which is why some women would claim that. Lots of attention-needing females out there.

I don’t know. I think some people, particularly women, are legitimately bisexual. I’ve always been skeptical of H.S. and College ladies making the claim, but when you have a woman in her late 20’s, or older, I tend to believe it. They’ve done whatever experimenting at that time and have concluded they like both. Whether for attention or not, I must conclude they were at least attracted enough to a woman to be willing to experiment, which isn’t something I could say for myself as relates other dudes.

I also don’t know how you’d even strictly qualify it. I think it’s just one of those things that, if a woman thinks it applies to her, then it does well-enough.

While I believe there are more than 0 bisexual men out there, I’ve never personally met a guy who identifies as such. Every guy I’ve ever met has been all one way or all the other.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 18th, 2020 at 4:02:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146

While I believe there are more than 0 bisexual men out there, I’ve never personally met a guy who identifies as such. Every guy I’ve ever met has been all one way or all the other.

Just because a Gay guy can have
sex with a woman doesn't make
him bi. Bi would mean you desire
both sexes equally and that never
happens.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 18th, 2020 at 4:03:21 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
No, not 3.3ish. 2.2 of men and 1.1 of women. Assuming a 50/50 male/female split in the general population that is (1.1 + 2.2)/2.

3.3/2 or 1.65%. 3.8% is off by over 100%.

The 10% number came from a flawed study where they asked if someone "ever" had a gay thought. I was told 10-12% in college based on that study.

1.65 is low. I don’t think it's quite that low, that would be under reporting.

That is pew, Gallop says 4.5%

https://news.gallup.com/poll/259571/americans-greatly-overestimate-gay-population.aspx

Again mid 3s to mid 4s is probably a fair standard to say depending what study you use. I think saying close to 4% if fair....

I don’t remeber where I read 3.8%, but its another similar type study.

Every study will be different because it's a topic that is polarized so nobody will answer precisely or they may intentionally say one answer.
July 18th, 2020 at 4:03:40 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Nope. And honestly it sounds like too much work.

The beauty of it is if you get tired you can just lay back and watch.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 18th, 2020 at 4:04:48 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Including bisexual women in it, I’d have overshot and said 10% total. I’d have said under 5% as relates homosexuals only, though I’m not sure of the exact percentage I would have guessed or that I’d have even volunteered a specific guess.

I kind of see the point some people are making when it comes to having to have a gay character in everything, or some interracial couple, just because there aren’t that many of them. On the other hand, perhaps those same people are also over representing what percentage of shows/movies have such characters at all. And, more importantly, I don’t see it as a legitimate reason to get upset. If a person doesn’t like the representation of those characters, then just don’t watch the show or movie.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 18th, 2020 at 4:07:22 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Just because a Gay guy can have
sex with a woman doesn't make
him bi. Bi would mean you desire
both sexes equally and that never
happens.

You can describe it however you wish, but I’d be more inclined to immediately accept the descriptions of those who actually describe themselves as such. I don’t even know how I would qualify bisexuality as it is not even a matter of any interest to me. I’m not bisexual and I would prefer to be with women who identify as straight, but if I were single, a woman describing as bisexual wouldn’t be an absolute dealbreaker.
July 18th, 2020 at 4:07:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I don’t know. I think some people, particularly women, are legitimately bisexual. I’ve always been skeptical of H.S. and College ladies making the claim, but when you have a woman in her late 20’s, or older, I tend to believe it. They’ve done whatever experimenting at that time and have concluded they like both. Whether for attention or not, I must conclude they were at least attracted enough to a woman to be willing to experiment, which isn’t something I could say for myself as relates other dudes.

I also don’t know how you’d even strictly qualify it. I think it’s just one of those things that, if a woman thinks it applies to her, then it does well-enough.

I know quite a few, many are even "straight married".

This is just hypothetical, but I think men tend to like to simplify things so they prefer just saying "gay" or "straight" even if they enjoy different experiences....
Also, bisexual kind of has a weird ring to it so I understand not wanting to use the label....
July 18th, 2020 at 4:15:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

That is what I am saying. I thing some women claim it just to claim it. Think it makes them "inclusive" or think it makes men more attracted to them. Yeah, in addition to worrying about her cheating on me with some other guy maybe she will with some other women.

The other thing is if a guy says he like guys he has lost most if not all of his manliness among straight guys. Even if he claims he only "pitches" straight guys will find it repulsive. Women, OTOH, I do not think look down on other women like that at least not to the same extent.
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2020 at 4:17:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler

I know quite a few, many are even "straight married".

This is just hypothetical, but I think men tend to like to simplify things so they prefer just saying "gay" or "straight" even if they enjoy different experiences....
Also, bisexual kind of has a weird ring to it so I understand not wanting to use the label....

I believe it. I imagine they don’t go out of their way to advertise the fact outside of certain sexually-related circles. Many people seem to discuss these things as if sexuality is what the entire identity of such people is built around, but that’s rarely true. Most people I’ve encountered are no more likely to wear it on their sleeves than I am to go through the drive-thru at Wendy’s and inform the order taker that I’m straight prior to placing my order. I guess there is some degree of unity they have, but that’s only because they’ve been discriminated against for not being the default.

I tend to accept your explanation. I usually don’t go around inquiring as to the sexuality of other men, but even if I did, I could see where a bisexual man would just say straight if he already knows or believes I’m straight.
July 18th, 2020 at 4:17:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
1.65 is low. I don’t think it's quite that low, that would be under reporting.

My guess is 1-1.5%. At first I thought there being so many more gay males seems wrong. But thinking on it I think gay males are over sex obsessed and join the party to get action. Women OTOH I think either get "seduced" into it at a fairly young age because the think they are "confused" and do not want to judge OR they simply hate men for one reason or another.
The President is a fink.
Page 4 of 6<123456>