No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

August 18th, 2020 at 6:06:49 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: JCW09
Pinnacle betting line went from +153 Trump earlier in the week to +139 after Harris announcement.
Trump should be getting more confident post the "Heels Up" announcement.

Pinnacle's now has Trump at +123, can't you feel it just slipping away for Joe & The Hoe?
What is the Over/Under date for the betting lines at Pinnacle having Trump as the favorite, 10/1/2020?

That "What Happened to Joe Biden" video is a really bad look.
And no Appearances on the Sunday Shows by the Biden/Harris Campaign this weekend? Huh?
Didn't the "Heels Up" announcement deserve a little promotion this weekend?
How about promoting the Convention going on this week?
Nope, nothing for Joe to talk about with the Press, interesting.

The DNC message is "Anyone But Trump", the problem is their 'Anyone' is the stuffed animal in the corner.
And let's definitely keep those Portland, Seattle & Chicago protests rolling, they seem to be working for the Dems.
Why don't we tack on a few more shootings in NYC for good measure.
Those great Democratic cities are such shining examples of what the DNC makes possible if you put them in charge.

I mean just look at how all those blue state Governor's did with Covid.
Definitely have Cuomo (2nd largest per capita & highest death total in the Nation) be the DNC Spokesman for how to handle Covid
He shoulda asked for more ventilators last night, what a joke!
You keep going Perez & Co. Such rocket scientists at the helm of the DNC. LMAO
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 18th, 2020 at 6:25:45 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Maybe I'm wrong, but don't you need an ID to get a legal job?

I need an ID to see a doctor. Are there doctors that don't require ID?
You certainly need an ID to get welfare/Medicaid, don't you?
I need an ID to buy beer at Wegman's.
I need an ID to fly, drive, buy a gun, check into a hotel.
I needed an ID to rent an apartment.
Dentist requires ID.
Pharmacist requires ID (on initial visit).

Yes.... if you require no medical or dental care, have a 'friend' who will supply you with money forever, you don't need an ID.

We are paying TRILLIONS for people to sit at home now. I'll pay a few hundred million to give everyone a free ID that needs one.

Nah, just a SSN and an employer who doesn’t care enough to verify it.

I’ve not ever been asked to present an ID to any doctor, only in the hospital.

Welfare—-Wouldn’t know.

Smokes-Sometimes get carded, sometimes just asked for my birthday, sometimes nothing. I find it amusing that I get carded more often now than I did when I was thirteen years old.

Fly-I guess you need REAL ID as of October, or some BS, but I don’t have it yet. Might get it when I finally get around to switching to PA license.

Rent-I think one place I rented I was never asked for ID. The others they wanted me to make a copy and bring it.

Dentist-Wouldn’t know. I’ve had two dentist appointments, lifetime. Never have any issues with my teeth.

Pharmacist-Probably depends on state. It doesn’t here; they just ask for your birthday.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 18th, 2020 at 6:29:32 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler
Many people on entitlements have an ID (and vote fairly strongly as much as any other group) that is not the issue.

Many people who are adult citizens who don't have an ID are homeless, college kids (you can often get in with just your HS ID or no ID, and now many college kids don't work as much as used to), kids who never worked a job (live with parents after HS and never work), etc....
Not everyone who does not have an ID is on welfare (in fact very much not so.....)

There are many adults who never worked and live with their parents and never acquired an ID for the simple fact that they never have had to.... There are also many full time college students who legitimately have no state ID.

College kids! Kids who never worked a job! Why not just say, “The people who Mission doesn’t care if they vote or not!”? I thought you were talking about people too poor to afford one. Why do I gaf about some spoiled little brat who can’t get off his ass long enough to get an ID?

When I was in school, I took 15-18 credit hour per semester course load, worked a full time job, a part time job and still found time to get an ID and vote.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 18th, 2020 at 6:31:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JCW09
Pinnacle's now has Trump at +123, can't you feel it just slipping away for Joe & The Hoe?

Nope
Wanna bet
even odds
100 bucks
we will have a trusted member hold the money
I'm good for it but you are new.
Last political bet I won, Dems take the house 2018 :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 18th, 2020 at 7:35:13 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Nope
Wanna bet
even odds
100 bucks
we will have a trusted member hold the money
I'm good for it but you are new.
Last political bet I won, Dems take the house 2018 :-)

Why would he bet even money if he can get +123?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 18th, 2020 at 8:08:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
Many people on entitlements have an ID (and vote fairly strongly as much as any other group) that is not the issue.

Many people who are adult citizens who don't have an ID are homeless, college kids (you can often get in with just your HS ID or no ID, and now many college kids don't work as much as used to), kids who never worked a job (live with parents after HS and never work), etc....
Not everyone who does not have an ID is on welfare (in fact very much not so.....)

There are many adults who never worked and live with their parents and never acquired an ID for the simple fact that they never have had to.... There are also many full time college students who legitimately have no state ID.
I just had the occasion again, to use my certificate of live birth as ID. I think they probably still issue those at the county/borough seat where people are born? I've used it I think 3 different times for personal identification. IDK why we aren't supposed to use SS for ID? Everybody does in one form or other?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 19th, 2020 at 3:16:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Why would he bet even money if he can get +123?

For fun. Isn't that the reason people gamble knowing the odds are against them
He thinks Trump will win
I am offering him the chance to take 100 off of me
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 19th, 2020 at 3:47:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Nah, just a SSN and an employer who doesn’t care enough to verify it.

Incorrect. To hire someone you must fill out form I-9. SS must be used in conjunction with another form of ID.

Quote:
I’ve not ever been asked to present an ID to any doctor, only in the hospital.

For many years most doctors have required it as part of HIPA. Are you going to the same doctor that has known you for years?

Quote:
Dentist-Wouldn’t know. I’ve had two dentist appointments, lifetime. Never have any issues with my teeth.

Pharmacist-Probably depends on state. It doesn’t here; they just ask for your birthday.

See HIPA above.
The President is a fink.
August 19th, 2020 at 4:24:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Incorrect. To hire someone you must fill out form I-9. SS must be used in conjunction with another form of ID.

For many years most doctors have required it as part of HIPA. Are you going to the same doctor that has known you for years?

See HIPA above.

There’s a way around the first thing, or perhaps they take something that is not State-Issued. I definitely know of people who had a traditional job and no State-Issued ID.

I don’t have very many Doctor appointments. I’d only take any prescriptions if they were absolutely necessary. I just don’t recall a doctor’s office ever getting my ID. Maybe one or two did, but there were definitely some who did not...if not all od them.

I don’t know what any of this has to do with HIPAA. HIPAA is primarily about confidentiality and the protection of patient information. You can definitely pick up Rx for other people just by knowing their birthday, but the pharmacy is not supposed to tell you what any of the Rx you are picking up does unless you are the actual patient.

Just like delivery pharmaceutical; you wouldn’t even ask for the birthday. You can give it to pretty much anyone who is there and willing to sign for it (for most medications), but you could not answer any questions about it.

Personally, I would favor presenting ID anytime a medication changes hands, but that is not currently the rule in Pennsylvania anyway.

I also know, in a different state, I picked up many prescriptions for people: Ex-Wife, kids, owner of the hotel, owner’s wife....all I needed was the birthday and was only ever asked for ID if picking up a controlled substance. On only one occasion ever was I told that it was something only the patient himself (owner of hotel, in this case) could pick up.
August 19th, 2020 at 4:41:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
There’s a way around the first thing, or perhaps they take something that is not State-Issued. I definitely know of people who had a traditional job and no State-Issued ID.

Acceptable forms of ID for form I-9

Drivers License

ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address

School ID card with a photograph

Voter registration card

U.S.military card or draft record

Military dependent’s ID card

U.S.Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document (MMD) card

Native American tribal document

Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority

I will say that in 100+ new hires I never had anyone use anything but a drivers license, unless they used a passport, which is on "List A" and are stronger forms of ID. Throw out the School ID for voting as they are too unsecure along with the Voter Registration card and other non-photo IDs on the list you still have everyone covered, unless they are trying to live an off-the-grid life.

Quote:
I don’t have very many Doctor appointments. I’d only take any prescriptions if they were absolutely necessary. I just don’t recall a doctor’s office ever getting my ID. Maybe one or two did, but there were definitely some who did not...if not all od them.

This is easy to forget doing as we present ID so often in our lives. If you check around you will see they do it.

Quote:
I don’t know what any of this has to do with HIPAA. HIPAA is primarily about confidentiality and the protection of patient information. You can definitely pick up Rx for other people just by knowing their birthday, but the pharmacy is not supposed to tell you what any of the Rx you are picking up does unless you are the actual patient.

Ask the medical providers as they use HIPA as the reason. From what I know I would say it is because they have to know their patient. Same as in banking you have to "know your customer." Think on it this way, say I steal your identity and go to the doctor. Now my medical info is on your file.

They have way back info on these files. When getting a recent physical my doctor asked about a procedure from about 1971! Say I "get lucky" with a Lori Grenier looking gal at the local bar and she shall we say "gives me something to remember me by." I get treatment under your name, then that is on your record. Good luck getting it off. By asking for ID at the doctor this eliminates that possibility.
The President is a fink.