No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

November 5th, 2020 at 7:28:45 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
I have seen it reported. Also, WI allows same-day registration, a practice that needs to be banned as it allows much potential for fraud.

4.8% overall increase in number of voters as reported so far in 2020
10.5% overall increase in number of voters in WI as reported so far in 2020

It is about double the national average, but WI was more motivated to count quickly. There may be an additional 4 million votes uncounted in California alone, rasing the national average an possibly putting CA well over increase in WI.

Has anyone run the math and the probability that X extra votes will be picked up in the last Y percent of count?

While the dinner table conversation is about bags of votes with 100% for a single candidate, most people committing fraud aren't that stupid. It's more likely that voter fraud would be detected by patterns of votes that are unnatural in an effort to try and cover up artificial nature of the votes.
November 5th, 2020 at 7:33:48 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Should not matter. Standard should be they have to arrive day before the election. If people can do it to pay their Visa bill they can manage it for a ballot. They should start counting them on the morning of Election Day.

I consider the act of voting to be handing over the ballot to a legitimate government entity, like the post office. It's not the voter's fault if it takes the post office a few days to deliver it.

Quote:
I have seen it reported.

You will forgive me if I'm not convinced by your mystery sources. I've seen it reported that the earth is flat.

Quote:
Also, WI allows same-day registration, a practice that needs to be banned as it allows much potential for fraud.

I respect each state's right to conduct their elections as they see fit as long as the rules apply to everybody equally.

Quote:
Has anyone run the math and the probability that X extra votes will be picked up in the last Y percent of count?

Not that I know of. Many states announce big batches at a time.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 5th, 2020 at 8:39:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I consider the act of voting to be handing over the ballot to a legitimate government entity, like the post office. It's not the voter's fault if it takes the post office a few days to deliver it.

But actually, it is.

Go back to my Visa card example. If your payment is late it is late. You cannot tell them "but I mailed it days ago!"

It is all grown-ups voting. If the standard is that it has to be there a certain date then that is the standard. Votes need to be counted in an efficient manner. Them getting there after the deadline is simply not acceptable.
The President is a fink.
November 5th, 2020 at 8:40:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Telegraphs weren't in use until 1840's. You probably had to wait a month for results. See, no big deal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 5th, 2020 at 8:42:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
They wanted him to tell all Americans to wear masks. And for him to wear them as a positive example. There may be a fringe actor like you who does not believe masks decrease the spread, but the vast majority of Americans believe they help. And they want their President to set the proper example.

Except that is not really doing something to get results. Americans have been told to wear masks, in my state I have to wear one to the grocery store. A POTUS wearing a mask when he is not in a contagious place just looks silly.

I am talking about something that gets results. Masks are just a feel-good thing for the most part. To say the china virus is so bad because Trump did not wear a mask does not pass the silly test.
The President is a fink.
November 5th, 2020 at 9:13:14 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
I won't. We said months ago there would be this kind of problem with mail-in ballots.

Why were the mail-in ballots not counted before the polls close? Why are mail-in ballots not received the day before the election not thrown in the trash where they belong? And why were there more votes in WI than there are voters?

Why did the GOP led states manage to get it done clean.

Too many questions. It is not the first POTUS election with fraud in the USA.

Why didn't the cheating Dems flip any US Senate seats (besides Colorado)? Susan Collins was trailing in the polls all summer + fall, but the cheating Dems didn't remove her, even though the cheating Dems got most of Maine's electoral college to vote for Biden? Your argument is that the cheating Dems failed to save Doug Jones seat in the US Senate?

Your argument is that the Dems cheated to install Biden, but deliberately left GOP in control of the US Senate thereby allowing McConnell to undermine Biden's entire agenda. Your argument is that the Dems cheated to install Biden, but didn't flip any GOP state legislatures to prevent future gerrymandering.

When the conspiracy theory is more convoluted than the official story, that's a red flag that the conspiracy theory is dumb. Trump lost fairly, and the Wizard is correct: you Trump voters don't have enough integrity to acknowledge the truth.
November 5th, 2020 at 9:38:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: reno
Why didn't the cheating Dems flip any US Senate seats (besides Colorado)? Susan Collins was trailing in the polls all summer + fall, but the cheating Dems didn't remove her, even though the cheating Dems got most of Maine's electoral college to vote for Biden? Your argument is that the cheating Dems failed to save Doug Jones seat in the US Senate?

Your argument is that the Dems cheated to install Biden, but deliberately left GOP in control of the US Senate thereby allowing McConnell to undermine Biden's entire agenda. Your argument is that the Dems cheated to install Biden, but didn't flip any GOP state legislatures to prevent future gerrymandering.

When the conspiracy theory is more convoluted than the official story, that's a red flag that the conspiracy theory is dumb. Trump lost fairly, and the Wizard is correct: you Trump voters don't have enough integrity to acknowledge the truth.

They are suing to keep Trump campaign from watching the count in PA. What are they hiding/afraid of?

Yes, they are cheating to install Biden. Harder to cheat to install a full Senate or legislatures.
The President is a fink.
November 5th, 2020 at 10:44:27 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: rxwine
Telegraphs weren't in use until 1840's. You probably had to wait a month for results. See, no big deal.

According to the Constitution the winner must have a simple majority of electoral college votes, or to win a majority of the states in a contingent election.

As this is the closest election of the last 144 years, you have to accept some controversy.

Percent of Electoral College Votes
50.37% 2000 George W Bush 271/538
50.19% 2020 Joseph Biden? 270/538 (based on leading candidate in 5 states and 2 congressional districts)
50.14% 1876 Rutherford Hayes 185/369
32.18% 1824 JQ Adams 84/261 (contingent election)

Both the Hayes and the JQ Adams victories were accepted with some backroom dealing that was very controversial in its day.

Do you realize that a single faithless Democratic elector that refuses to cast a ballot would make the count go 269 to 268? Refusing to cast a ballot may not be illegal in some states. That would create a contingent election which would go to Trump.

If you were offered $10 million to refuse to vote, would you take it?
November 5th, 2020 at 10:46:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Pacomartin
As this is the closest election of the last 144 years, you have to accept some controversy

It won’t be all that close once they finish counting the votes.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 5th, 2020 at 10:51:33 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: ams288
It won’t be all that close once they finish counting the votes.

I assume you think that PA will go against Trump.

I can't imagine AK, GA, or NC going against Trump when the last ballot has counted.

Times state voted Republican out of last 12 elections (elections where voted Democratic)
12 Alaska
10 North Carolina (1976 Jimmy Carter and 2008 for Barack Obama's first term)
9 Georgia (1976 and 1980 for Jimmy Carter and 1992 for Bill Clinton | all southerners)