No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

June 26th, 2020 at 1:50:07 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
So... in other words, Biden’s strategy of letting Donny suck up all the oxygen is working so far?

Right this minute ANYONE happening to be President in the middle of a deadly pandemic and a crash in the economy that goes along with it would likely be in some amount of trouble.

Trump likely more so.

I figured you already knew that!
June 26th, 2020 at 2:17:11 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Right this minute ANYONE happening to be President in the middle of a deadly pandemic and a crash in the economy that goes along with it would likely be in some amount of trouble.

Trump likely more so.

Highly disagree. Had he treated it like a crisis from the get-go and made some difficult decisions early on instead of focusing on not spooking the Dow, he would be in a much better position.

Just look at Mike Dewine in Ohio. He’s got like a 75% approval rating right now because he listened to the scientists and ignored the loons in his own party when formulating his state’s response.

The coronavirus has been Donny’s first real test of his presidency, and his response has been a complete and utter failure. Let’s hope it’s also his last test.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 26th, 2020 at 6:07:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Trump likely more so.

I'm not so sure. Andrew Cuomo was stewarding the worst hit state in the nation, has made a plethora of poor decisions, (along with a few good ones), has had rioting in the streets of his major cities, has many videotaped episodes of police brutality, and his popularity is at an all time high due to him just sounding like an adult in the room.

I think a well spoken, consistent in his thoughts and plan, spokesman might have a bump in popularity during a crisis. Trump ain't that guy.
June 27th, 2020 at 2:47:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I'm not so sure. Andrew Cuomo was stewarding the worst hit state in the nation, has made a plethora of poor decisions, (along with a few good ones), has had rioting in the streets of his major cities, has many videotaped episodes of police brutality, and his popularity is at an all time high due to him just sounding like an adult in the room.

I think a well spoken, consistent in his thoughts and plan, spokesman might have a bump in popularity during a crisis. Trump ain't that guy.

No, he is popular because he is a Democrat in a deep-blue state infatuated with his family name. The media ignores the death sentence he gave to nursing home residents. If he were a Republican they would attack him for that left and right.

Democrats NEVER abandon their guy. No matter what their guy must be defended to the death.
The President is a fink.
June 27th, 2020 at 5:41:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

Trump is in more trouble than the average President would be because almost no one is lukewarm about him...

Cuomo has a huge advantage. His press coverage comes from people like his brother and is almost always tainted by the stain of the MSM love of the left. His popularity is driven by the way the story is told, not by his good deeds.

I am not sure how Trump would have fared in a less biased media environment but I am 100% sure Cuomo wouldn't have fared as well.

Trump went to the bunker one time and likely was forced there by the Secret Service, though he will not admit it. Joe Biden has been in a basement for months and rarely sees the light of day, comes out and talks about 150 million dead from gunshots and 120 million dead from Corona and the press laughs it of as "Gold Old Joe"...

With a real press, both all three parties mentioned would suffer.
June 27th, 2020 at 7:41:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Trump is in more trouble than the average President would be because almost no one is lukewarm about him...

Cuomo has a huge advantage. His press coverage comes from people like his brother and is almost always tainted by the stain of the MSM love of the left. His popularity is driven by the way the story is told, not by his good deeds.

Nobody is lukewarm to Trump because of Trump himself. When Trump talks during those daily virus conferences, a lot of it is BS regarding the virus. Cuomo gets high marks for his straight talk during his daily conferences. It's not favorable reporting, its BS talk vs straight honest talk
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 27th, 2020 at 10:27:46 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
Nobody is lukewarm to Trump because of Trump himself. When Trump talks during those daily virus conferences, a lot of it is BS regarding the virus. Cuomo gets high marks for his straight talk during his daily conferences. It's not favorable reporting, its BS talk vs straight honest talk

Straight honest talk? You've been smoking too much this morning.... He STILL has not taken responsibility for sending COVID-19 patients back to nursing homes. It is CLEARLY the worst DECISION a politician has made in this mess. Trump's babbles have not resulted in SENDING the virus into nursing homes. Cuomo during his faux shutdown left so many businesses 'essential' the subways were still crowded. NO ONE called him on that in the media. NO ONE had the balls to ask "Why is a dry cleaner an essential business?"

Cuomo has been an abject failure, but still looks and sounds good. It is funny... he is being given 'credit' for having his deaths front loaded, and now that the numbers are better people are forgetting the massive number of deaths a month ago. Of course the press is in his pocket.
June 27th, 2020 at 10:52:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Cuomo has been an abject failure, but still looks and sounds good.

You NY people have a low bar
for what looking good and
sounding good is. He's looked
at totally different in the rest
of the country. He's as ugly
as a board fence, looks dark and
gloomy, and sounds like a Mafia
politician car salesman.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 27th, 2020 at 11:38:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Evenbob
politician car salesman.

Expecting you to look at an issue without your bias overwhelming your factual analysis is.... never mind. Cuomo is by any objective standard above average looking for a man in his 60's. As far as sounding like a "Mafia politician car salesman", he certainly has some Italian - American intonations. Many politicians have regional or ethnic accents. Big effing deal.
June 27th, 2020 at 11:38:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
politician car salesman.

When did you become "the rest of the country."?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?