3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

October 19th, 2020 at 9:58:31 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
How? We were told this was impossible.

Why just Republicans and not Democrats doing this?

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpeg-ABB-58
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 20th, 2020 at 5:53:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Wizard

Wow. I wonder if it is a crime to do what Trump suggests? If you sent in a mail in ballot, can you show up to the polls to make sure your vote has been counted? And if not, vote in person just to be sure? I mean, our officials will tell us there are safeguards in place to make sure only one vote counts, right?
October 20th, 2020 at 6:50:25 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: SOOPOO
Wow. I wonder if it is a crime to do what Trump suggests? If you sent in a mail in ballot, can you show up to the polls to make sure your vote has been counted? And if not, vote in person just to be sure? I mean, our officials will tell us there are safeguards in place to make sure only one vote counts, right?

Here is an article about it -- What are the consequences of voting twice in an election? at TheHill.com.

Not that it is directly relevant, but my brother and father have the same name and my father got very upset that when my brother registered to vote, his (my father's) name was dropped off the list.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 20th, 2020 at 7:30:41 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Here is an article about it -- What are the consequences of voting twice in an election? at TheHill.com.

Not that it is directly relevant, but my brother and father have the same name and my father got very upset that when my brother registered to vote, his (my father's) name was dropped off the list.

Wow!!!! They don’t have the plan in place for multiple people with the same name!!!! I’m glad I’m not ‘John Smith’!!!!
October 20th, 2020 at 7:32:26 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO

In my township, if you aren't certain that your mail in ballot was counted received, you can go vote in person and sign something when you pick up your ballot that officially spoils your mail in ballot. edit: if you do that before 10 am the Monday before the election. If you haven't sent in your mail-in ballot, you can turn it in when you vote or sign something saying it was lost or destroyed if you don't have it anymore.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 20th, 2020 at 8:15:18 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Dalex64

In my township, if you aren't certain that your mail in ballot was counted, you can go vote in person and sign something when you pick up your ballot that officially spoils your mail in ballot.

That is the most idiotic rule I have ever heard of. How does anyone ever know their ballot is counted even if you voted in person? So if you sign that form they search through thousands of ballots to find yours and look at it. So much for a secret ballot election.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 20th, 2020 at 8:31:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

You should see what happens on credit reports!

I tell anyone having a baby to never, ever make them a junior, III, etc. This was once a tradition but now causes many issues.

My credit report mingled my dad's name (my middle name) as an a/k/a until he died then when his report closed it seems to have disappeared.

QUIZ: Who was the kid named after a number in "Peanuts?"
The President is a fink.
October 20th, 2020 at 9:29:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Rasmussen (!) has Biden up 1 point in Ohio (!!).

Quote:
OHIO
Biden 48% (+1)
Trump 47%

@Rasmussen_Poll, LV, 10/18-19
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 20th, 2020 at 11:25:16 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: kenarman
That is the most idiotic rule I have ever heard of. How does anyone ever know their ballot is counted even if you voted in person? So if you sign that form they search through thousands of ballots to find yours and look at it. So much for a secret ballot election.

Well, there is a website for that. You can see if your ballot has been received. It won't actually be counted until election day.

You might not be familiar with the ins and outs of michigan voting, but when you vote, your ballot number goes down next to your name. When you are issued an absentee ballot, your ballot number is recorded with your name.

update:
you actually only have until 10am the Monday before the election to spoil your absentee ballot.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 20th, 2020 at 11:47:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Dalex64
Well, there is a website for that. You can see if your ballot has been received. It won't actually be counted until election day.

You might not be familiar with the ins and outs of michigan voting, but when you vote, your ballot number goes down next to your name. When you are issued an absentee ballot, your ballot number is recorded with your name.

update:
you actually only have until 10am the Monday before the election to spoil your absentee ballot.

I realize that ballots have a tracking number but with in person ballots the foil number is removed in your presence before it goes in the ballot box leaving the ballot untraceable. When is the foil removed from a mail-in? I would be concerned about the privacy of the process that tracks down your mail-in ballot.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin