Are Cops the Only Racists Left? ... In Polite Society, That Is

Page 3 of 5<12345>
June 3rd, 2020 at 10:01:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: odiousgambit
Good article in the Wall Street Journal, behind a paywall alas, but if you can access it, an eye opening article by Heather MacDonald

Includes this gem,

"a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer " [edit: removed emphasis] I think you have to put yourself in their shoes, the cops, to get some answers about why things are the way they are.

And this war on cops has large elements of suspect political agenda, if you ask me.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883?mod=opinion_lead_pos5

What would you say the time black males spend with other black males compared to time spent engaging with police? 98% or more of the time? That's a big factor. About a hundred thousand police in the US, and black males are in the millions.

And it's not just the one time they kill a black person that would be aggravating to a population. According to this article, Minneapolis police were 7 times more likely to use force against blacks.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/03/us/minneapolis-police-use-of-force.html

According to other studies, Blacks more often get harsher sentences than the same white gets for the same crime and history.

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/research-and-publications/research-projects-and-surveys/miscellaneous/15-year-study/chap4.pdf
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2020 at 10:13:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

And it's not just the one time they kill a black person that would be aggravating to a population. According to this article, Minneapolis police were 7 times more likely to use force against blacks.

More facts needed here. Are blacks committing more crime? And subjectively, what does/would bodycam video show about how the blacks are interacting. I have met a few blacks that admit they hate cops. I am talking white-collar types.

The reason cops get this way needs to be studied.
The President is a fink.
June 3rd, 2020 at 10:52:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
More facts needed here. Are blacks committing more crime? And subjectively, what does/would bodycam video show about how the blacks are interacting. I have met a few blacks that admit they hate cops. I am talking white-collar types.

The reason cops get this way needs to be studied.

Those bodycams can help police defend their actions when they're doing the right thing. It's the first thing I'd be checking to see if it's in good working order.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2020 at 11:12:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
thanks

The Feds got involved with the brutality case, why not here? Or did they?

The book just got published; I used to live in Prince George's county [yep!] and I think I 'll buy this book.

I've heard a lot of stories about PG County cops
As the black neighborhoods in DC stretched into PG County, the stories got worse and worse
Just sucks Victor got away with murder
I stay in touch with the old neighborhood friends that also knew Victor and also knew him as an officer. I only knew him as a kid but I heard the stories of him being an abusive cop.
We have no doubt Howard County Police covered up a murder.
Really sucks. So shocking. They found my father dead in his state vehicle. He cut his wrist. So obvious. He was actually writing while he was dying. he also wrote many notes prior to the act to me, my mother, his fellow geologists, his mother and Ayn Rand. Open and shut. The detective decided due to the facts he had to investigate.
Yet a kid that accuses the police of brutality and is found hanging from a baseball backstop with no note is deemed not worthy of an investigation.
It stinks. Howard County cops suck. They treated my family like shit during the investigation of my father.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 4th, 2020 at 8:50:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
BLM calls for defunding the police.

That's right, if you are one of the people that pledges support to BLM, you are supporting a group that wants to get rid of police entirely!

Just think about that.

This is what they really are after.
The President is a fink.
June 4th, 2020 at 9:16:20 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
[https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/]BLM calls for defunding the police.

That's right, if you are one of the people that pledges support to BLM, you are supporting a group that wants to get rid of police entirely!

Just think about that.

Yep, and that terapined dude says "I am BLM"

It's very sad that he supports a hate group like BLM. 🙄
June 4th, 2020 at 11:42:25 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Just think about that.

They lost all legitimacy as far as I am concerned with this official post.
June 4th, 2020 at 2:48:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

Just think about that.

I never really gave them any. History of violence and racist behavior. Just now it is out in the open.
The President is a fink.
June 4th, 2020 at 3:06:19 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler

Just think about that.

I never really gave them any. History of violence and racist behavior. Just now it is out in the open.

Burn
Loot
Marauders
June 10th, 2020 at 5:01:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 3 of 5<12345>