The City on Fire

June 2nd, 2020 at 11:08:56 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
He's not a MD. Unless someone informed him why the nursing homes didn't want to take patients, how would he guess? He may just think of them as the medical care for old people.

Granted, I haven't heard if he knew that, but if they informed him they would likely die, it doesn't make any sense to send them. Telling someone they are going to die doesn't take a MD, and I'm guessing he didn't know to ask either.

Of course he is not an MD. I'm guessing you are not either. It was his job to take all available information and do what is best for his constituency. Now let me ask you.... would you think it was good policy to send infected patients back into nursing homes until it has been proven they are no longer infectious? I believe the crime is headed by "depraved indifference".

And remember, he THREATENED any nursing home that would not accept the patients back. A few weeks later he backtracked and said that of course any nursing home could refuse to accept a patient back. TOO LATE.
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:16:11 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
He's not a MD. Unless someone informed him why the nursing homes didn't want to take patients, how would he guess? He may just think of them as the medical care for old people.

Granted, I haven't heard if he knew that, but if they informed him they would likely die, it doesn't make any sense to send them. Telling someone they are going to die doesn't take a MD, and I'm guessing he didn't know to ask either.

Many have chided the President's handling of the crisis. Some of things that were done in his name were not his actual work product. If he is accountable for that, which is usually the case (no matter whether or not he deflects the accountability; different issue you can sort out at election time), then the Governor should be held to the same standard.

Any reasonable person would ask:

"Why is the death rate so high in the nursing homes?"

...and then find out why.

After that, they would work on slowing it down in any way possible.

In the same way, I want to know much more about the density and other issues that caused NYC to have such a horrible time with this virus.

Why?

So perhaps they can do better and have less carnage should another wave develop.
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:24:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Of course he is not an MD. I'm guessing you are not either. It was his job to take all available information and do what is best for his constituency. Now let me ask you.... would you think it was good policy to send infected patients back into nursing homes until it has been proven they are no longer infectious? I believe the crime is headed by "depraved indifference".

And remember, he THREATENED any nursing home that would not accept the patients back. A few weeks later he backtracked and said that of course any nursing home could refuse to accept a patient back. TOO LATE.

Every multi-layered bureaucracy has to depend on the local experts to let them know if an action makes sense, unless they are an expert on everything like Trump.

If I put you in a NASA rocket, are you sure you even know all the important questions to even ask?

Heck, if I put you in tuna can factory, you may not know the right question to keep employees from ending up in a tuna can.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:37:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Only one set of thugs in this video, and it ain’t the protestors. (NSFW language)

https://twitter.com/weslyinfinity/status/1267321172309544960?s=21

WHOLE LOTTA “bad apples” out there...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 2nd, 2020 at 12:32:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
All you Karen's out there hijacked the disadvantaged opportunity to be heard with your thuggery.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 2nd, 2020 at 4:06:07 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
Sorry, no. The average Rolex is $10K,
the most expensive $30K. So at least
150 watches were taken. Older
Rolex's owned by famous people
can be worth millions, but this was
a retail outlet store.

You must be looking at the stainless steel models with leather straps.

Some new Rolex’s can get well into 6 figures....
June 2nd, 2020 at 4:09:58 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Looks like the whole Rolex story is fake news....

June 2nd, 2020 at 4:11:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: gamerfreak
You must be looking at the stainless steel models with leather straps.

Some new Rolex’s can get well into 6 figures....

Average Rolex in an outlet shop
is $10K up to $30K. You have to
special order the really expensive
ones. Lots of Rolex's are in the
$5K-$6K range.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2020 at 4:18:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
$5K-$6K range.

The stainless steel ones. I came close to winning one once. Would have been engraved with a company name I eventually despised. So I would have either had to replace the back or to see Chumlee.
The President is a fink.
June 2nd, 2020 at 4:31:43 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
$5K-$6K range.

I don't care that much about watches, but this seems to be turning into a big thing so I went to Rolex's website to check the official prices.

There is only one watch at 5k (about 5.5k for the very bare minimum features) The Oyster Perpetual. Everything else over 25k at a minimum (again assuming barebones no extras or special whatever.....)

Many were "price available upon request" meaning presumably well into six figures.....

https://www.rolex.com/watches.html'
Compare for yourself if you don't believe me....

Again even if you say 10k Average (which I don't think is true), 100-200 watches is actually not that hard to move..... Like one person can do it with one box..... It is not unrealistic to say 2 million in Rolexes were stolen in one night even with low inventory.....