The City on Fire

June 2nd, 2020 at 8:05:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

Maxine Waters basically said the same thing. Imagine the backlash from the first bank that says "Since we have been seen as 'looters' of the poor Black community, we will no longer be taking advantage of any of the oppressed. We will be closing our offices there and will no longer be granting loans there, so as not to be seen as taking advantage of them."

Maxine, The Squad, et al are just angry at banks to be angry at banks. They do not even know what they are saying sometimes. Stossel had a piece with them questioning the banks on student loans and one of the top bankers said, "we have not made student loans in 10 years, you nationalized that business."

There seems to be a feeling in much of the minority underclass that everyone who has a nice house and nice things had it all handed to them. No work, just they got it and it was probably "stolen" from the minorities. I forget the one said white people need to deed their house to a minority family. Leave it to a minority family when they die. Amazing how their thought process runs.
The President is a fink.
June 2nd, 2020 at 9:29:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
$2.1 million in Rolex's looted from
a dealer in Soho NY. They will
keep 'protesting' as long as
there is profit to be had. It's
all about looting, not protesting.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2020 at 9:35:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
$2.1 million in Rolex's looted from
a dealer in Soho NY. They will
keep 'protesting' as long as
there is profit to be had. It's
all about looting, not protesting.

Some of the retailers I've seen around town who were closed, had removed much of their stock. Of course, maybe these places had just restocked for opening.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2020 at 10:11:23 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Some of the retailers I've seen around town who were closed, had removed much of their stock. Of course, maybe these places had just restocked for opening.

Rolexes, can be super expensive.

2 million in Rolexes can be a couple dozen watches (or far less if they are the ultra expensive models....) So even if they were low stock the 2 million in watches is very feasible...
June 2nd, 2020 at 10:36:07 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
Rolexes, can be super expensive.

2 million in Rolexes can be a couple dozen watches (or far less if they are the ultra expensive models....) So even if they were low stock the 2 million in watches is very feasible...

Sorry, no. The average Rolex is $10K,
the most expensive $30K. So at least
150 watches were taken. Older
Rolex's owned by famous people
can be worth millions, but this was
a retail outlet store.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2020 at 10:53:01 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I just watched perhaps the most ill timed speech in American Political history! Cuomo just BLAMED the looting in NYC last night on the NYC police "NOT DOING THEIR JOB!" And topped it off by blaming DeBlasio as well. And mentioning that he has the right as Governor to REMOVE DeBlasio as Mayor! He hopes not to need to resort to that as that will cause chaos.

Just wondering.... this is not 'political' in that at least both Cuomo and DeBlasio are Democrats, but imagine if a Dem Governor removes a Repub Mayor, or vice-versa!

Also, Cuomo was asked about Trump saying he would use the military if the Governors/Mayors could not protect life and property, and he of course gave some vague anti-Trump answer. An astute reporter asked how it compares to him saying DeBlasio was a fool for not using the National Guard, and Cuomo hemmed and hawed his way to a total no answer.

I am now glad I did not bet on Cuomo being the next President. You should also have heard his answer on why he sent COVID-19 patients back to nursing homes! He had an aide read the official regulation, implying it was up to the nursing home to not accept the patient if they felt it was unsafe! You can't make this stuff up!
June 2nd, 2020 at 10:53:48 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Mooseton
Quote: terapined
That's suspicious
This is disgusting
Destroying water supplies
WTF
This is clearly an illegal action
These guys need to be fired

Your response is disgusting. There’s a lot of presumption on your part.

He once called people on this board "pedophiles", so nothing surprises me with him. 🙄
June 2nd, 2020 at 10:58:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I just watched perhaps the most ill timed speech in American Political history! Cuomo just BLAMED the looting in NYC last night on the NYC police "NOT DOING THEIR JOB!" And topped it off by blaming DeBlasio as well. And mentioning that he has the right as Governor to REMOVE DeBlasio as Mayor! He hopes not to need to resort to that as that will cause chaos.

Just wondering.... this is not 'political' in that at least both Cuomo and DeBlasio are Democrats, but imagine if a Dem Governor removes a Repub Mayor, or vice-versa!

Also, Cuomo was asked about Trump saying he would use the military if the Governors/Mayors could not protect life and property, and he of course gave some vague anti-Trump answer. An astute reporter asked how it compares to him saying DeBlasio was a fool for not using the National Guard, and Cuomo hemmed and hawed his way to a total no answer.

I am now glad I did not bet on Cuomo being the next President. You should also have heard his answer on why he sent COVID-19 patients back to nursing homes! He had an aide read the official regulation, implying it was up to the nursing home to not accept the patient if they felt it was unsafe! You can't make this stuff up!

It is a circus!

I heard you have an 20:00 curfew up there. Just get some Mighty Taco takeaway and sit in front of the set and watch. May you live in interesting times!
The President is a fink.
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:00:35 AM permalink
rxwine
You should also have heard his answer on why he sent COVID-19 patients back to nursing homes! He had an aide read the official regulation, implying it was up to the nursing home to not accept the patient if they felt it was unsafe! You can't make this stuff up!

He's not a MD. Unless someone informed him why the nursing homes didn't want to take patients, how would he guess? He may just think of them as the medical care for old people.

Granted, I haven't heard if he knew that, but if they informed him they would likely die, it doesn't make any sense to send them. Telling someone they are going to die doesn't take a MD, and I'm guessing he didn't know to ask either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:04:51 AM permalink
rxwine
In fact, I don't even believe Trump would send old people to die somewhere if someone actually told him that would happen.