The City on Fire

August 20th, 2020 at 3:37:55 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Other than traffic that is a nice town, made a top-10 list on some YT channel.

Lots of these riots are to reverse gentrification. That is the dirty little secret.

Williamsville is classic suburbia. Having lived in NYC and visited most large American cities, I'd say our traffic problems are quite low. Lots of parks. Lots of golf courses. Skiing less than an hour. Big city 20 minutes to downtown. Great place to live May-October...

As far as the riots "TO" reverse gentrification, I do not believe that was the intent. The BLM looters are not that forward thinking. They saw free stuff and compared to the usual chance of being arrested being low, they looted. Criminals are criminals. A business decision. The RESULT I believe will be to reverse gentrification, but people have short memories.... so maybe not as much as you think.
August 20th, 2020 at 4:06:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Williamsville is classic suburbia. Having lived in NYC and visited most large American cities, I'd say our traffic problems are quite low. Lots of parks. Lots of golf courses. Skiing less than an hour. Big city 20 minutes to downtown. Great place to live May-October...

It is not the LIE but traffic always backed up when I traveled for business around there.

Quote:
As far as the riots "TO" reverse gentrification, I do not believe that was the intent. The BLM looters are not that forward thinking. They saw free stuff and compared to the usual chance of being arrested being low, they looted. Criminals are criminals. A business decision. The RESULT I believe will be to reverse gentrification, but people have short memories.... so maybe not as much as you think.

The riots are not to reverse it, but reversing it is a plank of the BLM platform. I should revive the gentrification thread to discuss this, but do not underestimate the hate these people have for gentrification. I have seen it on the streets. It is the reverse of the blockbusting days of the late 60s to 70s.

Did you see the Seattle video of a BLM mob demanding whites deed their home over to blacks?

Will it reverse gentrification? It will not help it. The response by local mayors will be what does it. If you have riots outside your window and get harassed on the street you will leave. If law and order prevails you will stay. Seattle and Portland have made no bones about being on the side of the rioters. Are Microsoft and Amazon white collar employees going to stay around?
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2020 at 9:06:17 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Williamsville is classic suburbia. .

If I remember correctly I think Rob Gronkowski played football at Williamsville. I remember him mentioning that when he was in Tuscon before a game.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 21st, 2020 at 11:57:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: DRich
If I remember correctly I think Rob Gronkowski played football at Williamsville. I remember him mentioning that when he was in Tuscon before a game.

The Gronkowskis all grew up in Williamsville. I got to play basketball against Rob one day when he was a high school aged man-child. I fouled him, but even then he wouldn't call the foul. He said he had to fight through it. Wasn't going to let a 40 something guy get in his way! He has 3 brothers who also spent some time in the NFL.
August 26th, 2020 at 4:08:22 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Gayle King on CBS said the Kenosha riots are 'peaceful'

Graphic!
August 26th, 2020 at 4:23:20 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Tanko

Graphic!

Similar to Portland. NYC. Seattle. Minneapolis. Now we will have to hear the lying POS main stream
Media tell us it wasn’t the ‘real’ BLM movement that was rioting. Yeah, right.
August 26th, 2020 at 5:25:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman

Graphic!

Similar to Portland. NYC. Seattle. Minneapolis. Now we will have to hear the lying POS main stream
Media tell us it wasn’t the ‘real’ BLM movement that was rioting. Yeah, right.

BLM supporters here have said the same thing when they pledge 100% loyalty to the BLM movement then the violence is pointed out to them.
The President is a fink.
August 26th, 2020 at 5:55:08 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Two dead.

Democrat Governors and Mayors are sacrificing lives and entire cities in order to stop Trump.

This would have been avoided had the democrat governor not rejected federal help to quell the riots.

Now, he has death on his hands.

Party before the people.
August 26th, 2020 at 1:16:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Two dead.

Democrat Governors and Mayors are sacrificing lives and entire cities in order to stop Trump.

This would have been avoided had the democrat governor not rejected federal help to quell the riots.

Party before the people.

Suddenly Republicans want things solved by the Federal government even when the local government hasn't requested it.

Normally you would be protesting when the feds act beyond their authority.

Why not just be happy when you see limited government in action? It's one of your favorite ideas.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 26th, 2020 at 1:43:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Two dead.

Party before the people.

Suddenly Republicans want things solved by the Federal government even when the local government hasn't requested it.

Normally you would be protesting when the feds act beyond their authority.

Why not just be happy when you see limited government in action? It's one of your favorite ideas.

If my mayor and governor are siding with rioters over citizens you had better believe I want the feds marching in. And so does any normal person.

Do you support the thugs. Why is that?
The President is a fink.