The City on Fire

August 5th, 2020 at 8:36:57 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Gandler
George Floyd body cam footage leaked.

Here is a link to the raw footage:
https://youtu.be/QnLnR0XtLIM

Don't watch it being reviewed on the news or on Youtube, they only clip to certain parts depending on their narrative. Its not great quality, but it is what it is.

I have refined my view. I don’t think the Officer will be found guilty of murder (I am not going to get back into if he *should* be found guilty or not).

Between this, and the ME report that he had coronavirus, some other medical issues and drugs in his system (including Marijuana). You can tell on this video he is totally blitzed... He was saying "I can't breath from the start...." Most likley his struggle to breathe was due to a combination of COVID-19 and drugs.... The cause of death does not seem to be the choking....

ME Report:
https://www.mercurynews.com/read-george-floyd-autopsy-report-with-cause-of-death-and-other-factors

-I meant to edit this into the last post not to quote sorry for the unintentional post-
August 5th, 2020 at 10:36:04 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
ME Report:
https://www.mercurynews.com/read-george-floyd-autopsy-report-with-cause-of-death-and-other-factors

-I meant to edit this into the last post not to quote sorry for the unintentional post-

Doesn't matter what the ME said.

Whether he believed him or not, the moment Floyd said he could not breathe, the officer should have called for an ambulance. Standard procedure.

Lay him on his side. Provide oxygen if you have it, and wait for the bus. Don't put him on the ground and kneel on his neck.

All this over a stinking fake $20.
August 5th, 2020 at 10:45:25 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Tanko
Doesn't matter what the ME said.

Whether he believed him or not, the moment Floyd said he could not breathe, the officer should have called for an ambulance. Standard procedure.

Lay him on his side. Provide oxygen if you have it, and wait for the bus. Don't put him on the ground and kneel on his neck.

All this over a stinking fake $20.

It just shows there is more to the story.

Floyd was on drugs (including marijuana and meth), he did initially resist, he did have coronavirus and some other medical conditions. You can't start watching at the neck part when the bodycam was leaked and that you have accsess to the full footage to see the begining of the interaction.

The ME report is important, because it paints the whole picture of what may have caused the death. I stand by what I said, as far as I doubt the murder charges will hold up.... Which in a way will be a shame, because you thought the riots were bad before? Wait until the cop get found not guilty, it will be chaos (another safe prediction to make I feel).....

As for being over a fake 20. That is irrelevant in my view. If you get a parking ticket and pull a knife on a cop and get shot people are like "somebody murdered by police over a parking ticket" , no they were killed by police for being a moron and attacking them over a slight inconvenience.....
August 5th, 2020 at 11:23:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

As for being over a fake 20. That is irrelevant in my view. If you get a parking ticket and pull a knife on a cop and get shot people are like "somebody murdered by police over a parking ticket" , no they were killed by police for being a moron and attacking them over a slight inconvenience.....

I don't really feel confident about judging resist cases when the police physically are on a subject. (when the subject doesn't have a weapon)

'Cause I'm pretty sure you can make someone restrained lurch or jump by driving your knuckle or other object into a vulnerable part of their body out of sight of the camera. Jab, grind, or twist something, then yell at them for resisting.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 5th, 2020 at 4:25:15 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
I don't really feel confident about judging resist cases when the police physically are on a subject. (when the subject doesn't have a weapon)

'Cause I'm pretty sure you can make someone restrained lurch or jump by driving your knuckle or other object into a vulnerable part of their body out of sight of the camera. Jab, grind, or twist something, then yell at them for resisting.

I think that is being overly paranoid. First we heard that police were behaving badly off-camera (and yes, some were). But, now that they are being filmed people are quick to dismiss the videos when they should resistance often along the lines that you are citing (well what if the cop was nudging his foot).

I mean the simple truth is: The cop in this case was wrong (and based on his history a violent and bad person, probably should not have been a cop for many years....). He should face penalty (he will not be found guilty of 2nd Degree murder, so brace for more riots after the trial...). He was fired quickly (by police standards) and charged quickly, "the system" did everything right after this incident.
But, Floyd was also no angel, he was a career common crook and drug user, with that lifestyle its only a matter of time before you end up dead (more likely from another criminal than a cop, far far more likely....) Its not popular to say, but its the truth.
August 6th, 2020 at 11:50:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Minneapolis Announces Plan To Replace Police Officers With Thousands Of Heavily Armed Social Workers

...the Onion
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 7th, 2020 at 3:42:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Portland mayor condemns rioters for 'attempting to commit murder'

"The mayor said violent protesters will be used as "props" for President Trump's reelection campaign"

So the mob tries to kill his cops and burn the station down and his worry is........TRUMP!

This is how sick these Democrats are.
The President is a fink.
August 7th, 2020 at 5:39:24 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman

"The mayor said violent protesters will be used as "props" for President Trump's reelection campaign"

So the mob tries to kill his cops and burn the station down and his worry is........TRUMP!

I mean he is not wrong.

But, will they actually be charged for attempted murder? I hope so, but I have lost some faith in all this...
August 7th, 2020 at 6:24:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I mean he is not wrong.

Even so, is that what a mayor should be worried about when his city has become a war zone?

Quote:
But, will they actually be charged for attempted murder? I hope so, but I have lost some faith in all this...

As you should have lost it. It seems clear these mayors are on the side of the rioters. I maintain what we are seeing is the early stages of Civil War II. We are no longer talking students upset about their bookstore selling sweatshirts made with slave labor in China.
The President is a fink.
August 7th, 2020 at 7:50:21 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

It was OK with him, when they tried for weeks to burn down the Federal courthouse with people inside.

That is First Degree Arson. The police are authorized to use DPF against anyone trying to set fire to a building where people are normally present.