The City on Fire

July 20th, 2020 at 9:53:42 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: RonC
The stupidity continues in Portland. The city and state government did little to protect Federal property there and now they want the Federal folks to leave. I'm all for it. Leave. Move all Federal functions to another city that doesn't give in to people bent on destruction. Never look back. Stuff people could get done in Portland can now be handled elsewhere.

Protecting Federal property is something the Federal folks can do. The city and state could have prevented them from having to actually do it by protecting it from their treasured scumbags and just let them destroy local businesses and facilities.

Yeah, its insane. The City is trying to tell the Federal LE that they cant arrest for Federal crimes in their city...

I see all these "outrage" videos on YouTube of people being "kidnapped" by "soldiers" in unmarked vans without being told where they are being taken.... (Its just Federal LE in military uniforms, though the name tape clearly says "police").... People are so dramatic about routine arrests.... I have no problem with Federal Police tracking people and pulling them off of the street after vandalizing federal monuments....
July 22nd, 2020 at 6:09:11 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The Democrats elected as mayors in major cities that have experienced crime and riots are now trying to blame it on the Federal presence. These folks are stuck on stupid...they have not done their jobs and the Feds aren't going to just let their buildings be destroyed. No one should accept that from anarchists and the like.

I have a good idea, Mayors, clean up the mess you have allowed to happen in your cities.

The Governor of Oregon is also an idiot. She could help make the mayor of Portland do her job.

Oh, of course, now Biden has jumped in and tried to shift the blame for the problem to Trump. The old fellow doesn't get that people can't just be allowed to tear up cities as they wish.

It is simple...fix your problem. Don't allow federal buildings to be destroyed.

Do any Democrats want safety for the businesses and people of the cities they run?
July 22nd, 2020 at 7:17:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The Democrats elected as mayors in major cities that have experienced crime and riots are now trying to blame it on the Federal presence. These folks are stuck on stupid...they have not done their jobs and the Feds aren't going to just let their buildings be destroyed. No one should accept that from anarchists and the like.

They seem to think you can run a city based on some sociology course. They figure it the are "not mean" to criminals then criminals will stop because it is poverty causing it and not that they are criminals. Their hate for Trump and dem wascaly wepublicans is such that they would rather watch their cities burn than to take federal help or heaven forbid be tough on crime.

We are in a downward wave. USA cities were not all that bad until the mid 1960s, then the rot started setting in. I remember even as a kid seeing my grandparent's neighborhood go downhill thru the 1970s. By 1980 any good people that could move out left. All that stayed were the old folks and those with no choice. Cities were finally gentrifying, now it seems as if these Democrat mayors hate gentrification so much they want the places to fall back to what they were.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2020 at 9:16:13 AM permalink
RonC
Portland Fire Commissioner Bans Police From Staging At Fire Stations

"The directive was given by Portland Fire Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty, who demanded on July 18 that Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler hand command of the city’s police force over to her if he wasn’t going to force officers to scale back their responses to the nightly riots that have been plaguing the city for nearly two months, Willamette Week reported."

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/portland-fire-commissioner-bans-police-from-staging-at-fire-stations/?fbclid=IwAR24A9ZKwB630Frqf1OW2fOmSUh3ZcSmfaH5qncDQltiuNqX_UFCWLjzD9g

These leaders don't care about their citizens.
July 22nd, 2020 at 9:50:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

These leaders don't care about their citizens.

Then the citizens will vote out the Mayor and Commissioners.
but
The citizens may not agree with you and reelect the Mayor and Commissioners because they do care about their citizens
We shall see

No doubt the Feds dont care for citizens peacefully protesting

Navy veteran who was beaten by federal agents during Portland protest says he approached them to ask why they were violating their oath to protect and serve - and he left with a broken hand
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8542121/Navy-veteran-says-beaten-like-punching-bag-Portland.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 22nd, 2020 at 10:34:07 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: terapined
Then the citizens will vote out the Mayor and Commissioners.
but
The citizens may not agree with you and reelect the Mayor and Commissioners because they do care about their citizens
We shall see

No doubt the Feds dont care for citizens peacefully protesting

Navy veteran who was beaten by federal agents during Portland protest says he approached them to ask why they were violating their oath to protect and serve - and he left with a broken hand
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8542121/Navy-veteran-says-beaten-like-punching-bag-Portland.html

I am all for a full investigation of any incident that could be abuse by a police officer of any type.

That being said, what say you on all of the nights of violence BEFORE the feds stepped in? You and I both know that these are not "peaceful protesters" attacking the Federal building. Do you even watch the videos of the anarchists trying to destroy OUR property?

I'm all for peaceful protest. I am against destructive rioting.
July 22nd, 2020 at 11:20:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I am all for a full investigation of any incident that could be abuse by a police officer of any type.

The problem is the Feds are against any investigation of their officers.
These Feds have free reign to abuse their powers
That's why they don't have to wear name tags. The abuse of power by breaking the law against peaceful citizens has been approved
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 22nd, 2020 at 11:25:23 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

That being said, what say you on all of the nights of violence BEFORE the feds stepped in? You and I both know that these are not "peaceful protesters" attacking the Federal building. Do you even watch the videos of the anarchists trying to destroy OUR property?

I'm all for peaceful protest. I am against destructive rioting.

The same answer they always give.... The rioters and looters are not the 'real' protesters..... They are outsiders.... Not OUR peace loving citizens.... basically a bunch of bullshit....

Would YOU move to Portland now? Minneapolis? Seattle? NOT A FREAKING CHANCE!!!!!

Any town where the police are not supported by the elected officials is a no go zone for me....
July 22nd, 2020 at 11:41:44 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
Any town where the police are not supported by the elected officials is a no go zone for me....

Most people, I don't care what
their religion, are just 2 steps
away from committing crimes.
The only thing stopping them
is a strong police force. Hard
core criminals are one step
away. Go to any prison, they
are full to the brim with 'people
of faith', Xtians, Muslims, Jews,
god fearing all..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 22nd, 2020 at 12:05:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
The same answer they always give.... The rioters and looters are not the 'real' protesters..... They are outsiders.... Not OUR peace loving citizens.... basically a bunch of bullshit....

Would YOU move to Portland now? Minneapolis? Seattle? NOT A FREAKING CHANCE!!!!!

So, are you still going to vote against Trump because you do not like how he acts? Or Biden who supports the looter and rioting groups and is of the party these local officials are from?
The President is a fink.