Stimulus

August 11th, 2020 at 12:43:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek
Uh oh, sure doesn't sound like he's "Loving the RV life"............

With RV like it's always something.
It wears you down and eventually
wears you out. I would hate lack
of storage area, would drive me
nuts.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 11th, 2020 at 2:33:44 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
We need a Republican President.

Hmmm, considering the last two ran the country into the ground, I think we'll take a pass.

August 11th, 2020 at 2:34:07 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
duplicate
August 11th, 2020 at 3:32:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
We need a Republican President.

Hmmm, considering the last two ran the country into the ground, I think we'll take a pass.

Trump took us to record low unemployment and is recovering nicely from the china virus.
Bush did what exactly to "run the country into the ground?" It was doing great until Democrats took Congress. Check the numbers.
The President is a fink.
August 11th, 2020 at 5:45:37 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
SOOPOO, I’m not sure where you’re getting that $700 figure from. It’s $400 (300 from the federal govt, 100 from the state).

And here’s some required reading:

Studies debunk Mnuchin claim that $600 benefit is a disincentive to work

The state is paying him $300 a week now. The feds had been paying $600. I could be wrong, but I thought that the feds under Trump's order would be cutting their share to $400, and the state saying the same at $300.

You can quote any study you want to me.... I know REAL PEOPLE who have told me quite clearly they will look for work when working will pay them more than sitting home. And many small business owners that tell me that they have employees refusing to come back to work because they are getting almost as much to sit home as they do for working. REAL BUSINESS OWNERS.
August 11th, 2020 at 5:58:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I am not sure about all of the hate regarding the payroll tax cut.

Both sides are bashing this while both sides want UI boosters to stay.....

I think an extra 6-7% for people who are working is fair, it provides incentive for people to keep working in dangerous conditions.

And, yes, I realize this is techically a "deferment" , but we all know it will be forgiven, it would be suicidal for any congressman to vote against it, regardless of who the next President is....

I think it is good to reward those who are (have have been) working (ofen multiple jobs) in times like this. And, 6% (rounding down) may not sound like much, but its enough to make a difference for people that need it (and extra 75USD a week for many can go a long way).... And, if you don't need it, nothing stop you from telling HR to keep taking the taxes out. And, if it is not deffered (unlikely), it will most likley be the company that has to make up the difference (not the worker)....

I have always been a suporter of this, and the fact that Trump signed it in makes no difference....
August 11th, 2020 at 6:04:03 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The federal $600/week expires

Trump's order says folks are to be paid $400 instead, with $100 of that must from the state.

That is completely separate from any state unemployment benefits.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 11th, 2020 at 6:16:42 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You can quote any study you want to me.... I know REAL PEOPLE who have told me quite clearly they will look for work when working will pay them more than sitting home. And many small business owners that tell me that they have employees refusing to come back to work because they are getting almost as much to sit home as they do for working. REAL BUSINESS OWNERS.

I don’t feel one iota of pity for the REAL BUSINESS OWNERS.

They need to quit taking advantage of their workers and pay more. 🤷‍♂️

$600 is equal to $15/hour for 40 hours.

Can’t afford to pay their employees that much? Maybe they suck at business and should pursue other endeavors.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 11th, 2020 at 8:01:18 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
I don’t feel one iota of pity for the REAL BUSINESS OWNERS.

They need to quit taking advantage of their workers and pay more. 🤷‍♂️

$600 is equal to $15/hour for 40 hours.

Can’t afford to pay their employees that much? Maybe they suck at business and should pursue other endeavors.

Don't forget the state also pays. I was collecting $469 from Nevada and $600 Federal for $1069 a week. A lot of people make less than $1069 a week and are happy staying home.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 11th, 2020 at 9:23:21 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
You can quote any study you want to me.... I know REAL PEOPLE who have told me quite clearly they will look for work when working will pay them more than sitting home
You gotta love them libbies man lol

Only a libbie would believe an idiotic study over pure common sense. 😂😂