No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

10 members have voted

June 19th, 2020 at 3:45:12 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Amy Klobuchar withdraws from VP consideration, says Biden should pick a woman of color.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 19th, 2020 at 5:51:37 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Amy Klobuchar withdraws from VP consideration, says Biden should pick a woman of color.

Amy Klobuchar withdrew once she had ZERO chance. There was no way Biden could pick a White woman who successfully prosecuted Black criminals. It would have infuriated his base. Kamala, Val, Susan, Keisha, and Stacey are all by the ready. I think there is value on Val. I did not like her in the impeachment fiasco, but I think the Democrat party did. And she gives Biden Florida. Plus she was a cop early in her career, and became a police chief. With some thinking abuse by police is the most important issue facing the country (what else are people gathering en masse for?), her credentials are strong. You can get 5-1 odds on her. Seems like a good value, as the 'favorite' is from California, and does have some baggage.
June 19th, 2020 at 6:15:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
And she gives Biden Florida.

If this were true, he’d have chosen her already and the election would be over.

I think most people overrate how much importance a VP pick has on an election.

Unless they are a complete disaster like Sarah Palin, the reality is the VP candidate is mostly irrelevant.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 19th, 2020 at 6:50:37 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Amy Klobuchar withdrew once she had ZERO chance. There was no way Biden could pick a White woman who successfully prosecuted Black criminals. It would have infuriated his base. Kamala, Val, Susan, Keisha, and Stacey are all by the ready. I think there is value on Val. I did not like her in the impeachment fiasco, but I think the Democrat party did. And she gives Biden Florida. Plus she was a cop early in her career, and became a police chief. With some thinking abuse by police is the most important issue facing the country (what else are people gathering en masse for?), her credentials are strong. You can get 5-1 odds on her. Seems like a good value, as the 'favorite' is from California, and does have some baggage.

That’s the one. Withdraw and say the thing that will net you the most popularity in the current climate.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 9:53:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Amy Klobuchar withdrew once she had ZERO chance. .

People thought Biden might be a jam with what he said. This makes it easier for him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2020 at 10:08:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
People thought Biden might be a jam with what he said. This makes it easier for him.

Other than gender and skin color being his first two qualifications what did he say?
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2020 at 10:14:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Other than gender and skin color being his first two qualifications what did he say?

That was it I believe. But if your other best optional candidates withdraw on their own, it’s pretty hard for their supporters to just blame Biden for it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2020 at 10:17:59 AM permalink
rxwine
I personally would prefer some vice candidates that probably would hurt his chances. But right now it’s more important to me that he win.
June 19th, 2020 at 10:33:31 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Amy Klobuchar withdrew once she had ZERO chance.

Anybody who thinks the voting
public gives a tinkers damn
about any VP pick in any
year, is politically naive. Nobody
votes because they like the VP
pick. I can't even remember who
Hillary picked, if I ever even knew.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 19th, 2020 at 10:57:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody who thinks the voting
public gives a tinkers damn
about any VP pick in any
year, is politically naive. Nobody
votes because they like the VP
pick. I can't even remember who
Hillary picked, if I ever even knew.

It was some beta guy who said he would be her "right hand person" not "right hand man."
The President is a fink.