No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 19th, 2022 at 9:10:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
If you are in favor of a rule mandating masks, follow the proper procedures.

The judge did not say that they could not make such a rule; it was done in a way that she ruled was not proper.

Some people have been saying that all along…

I was just complaining about a radio host saying this morning that the fact that one was allowed to eat on a plane proved that there was never any sense wearing a mask at all on a plane.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 19th, 2022 at 10:16:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I was just complaining about a radio host saying this morning that the fact that one was allowed to eat on a plane proved that there was never any sense wearing a mask at all on a plane.

Masks remain a near religion to a part of our society. As if the world will end if they are around someone unmasked. Risk aversion to the point of not living your life.
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2022 at 10:24:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Masks remain a near religion to a part of our society. As if the world will end if they are around someone unmasked. Risk aversion to the point of not living your life.

Some people treated coronavirus like a fictional religion, but you can actually detect it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 19th, 2022 at 10:29:44 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
The world is headed toward lockdown again, wait and see.

The death rate in the US has been dropping since February and only 2 months last summer saw a lower rate.That's about as positive as COVID news gets.

Death Rates in Europe from worst to best
Bulgaria - EU
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hungary - EU
North Macedonia
Montenegro
Croatia - EU
Czechia - EU
Slovakia - EU
Romania - EU
Lithuania - EU
San Marino
Slovenia - EU
Latvia - EU
Poland - EU
Gibraltar
Moldova
Greece - EU
Italy - EU
Belgium - EU
Russia
UK
Ukraine
Spain - EU
France - EU
Liechtenstein
Portugal - EU
Andorra
Estonia - EU
Serbia
Sweden - EU
Austria - EU
Luxembourg - EU
Germany - EU
Switzerland
Malta - EU
Ireland - EU
Monaco
Netherlands - EU
Albania
Denmark - EU
Cyprus - EU
Belarus
Finland - EU
Norway
Iceland
April 19th, 2022 at 10:52:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

Gather round everyone: the guy who said Covid would be forgotten about by May 2020 has some thoughts!

Dude just spent a month in the hospital and he’s lecturing everyone else about being risk averse. 😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 19th, 2022 at 1:35:22 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: missedhervee
The decision came from Kathryn Kimball Mizelle, a Federal judge appointed by Trump who was basically felt to be unqualified by the American Bar Association to be a federal judge; what else would you expect from a Trumpie?

You have used the talking point that came up right away and is still widely in service, but it is not really an issue at this point unless there is something really out of line with how she ruled on the issue.

I have not yet seen much criticism of her ruling for anything other than her experience and who appointed her.

Plenty of people with great legal minds have had time to read the ruling by now.
April 19th, 2022 at 1:35:46 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Gather round everyone: the guy who said Covid would be forgotten about by May 2020 has some thoughts!

Dude just spent a month in the hospital and he’s lecturing everyone else about being risk averse. 😂

I'm masking up at Walmart and the grocery store
My body. My choice
And
I'm out and about seeing the country
This ain't over
Probably come and go in waves
It's the new reality
Regardless
I checked out the Louisville Slugger factory
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 19th, 2022 at 2:33:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
I'm masking up at Walmart and the grocery store
My body. My choice
And
I'm out and about seeing the country
This ain't over
Probably come and go in waves
It's the new reality
Regardless
I checked out the Louisville Slugger factory
I'm really glad you wear a mask in public, it helps me a lot. I'd be glad if they re instated masks in all public places. I would like everyone at the dmv to be wearing a mask, then maybe I could sneak in there on oxygen and renew my driver license. I can't get one on oxygen.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 19th, 2022 at 4:51:57 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I think doctors offices are basically the last place left that I have to wear a mask.

I’m on a cruise right now. 4200 people crammed onto this ship. I’d estimate less than 5% of people wearing masks. BUT - we all had to show proof of vaccination and a negative test result from within two days before sailing. As it should be!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 19th, 2022 at 5:16:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
I think doctors offices are basically the last place left that I have to wear a mask.

I’m on a cruise right now. 4200 people crammed onto this ship. I’d estimate less than 5% of people wearing masks. BUT - we all had to show proof of vaccination and a negative test result from within two days before sailing. As it should be!

Data, just doesn't support alarm. And hasn't for awhile now. Just being more contagious means nothing. Yawning is contagious.

If the data starts supporting more severe sickness and death, then I'll take interest in it.