No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 26th, 2021 at 5:24:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Markets TANKING pre market today. Especially travel related stocks.

Surgeon we know didn’t get vaxxed. Neither did his wife. Nor his two kids (except…. ). The older girl is 22, and best friends with wife’s daughters. She has heard all the pros and cons and decided to get vaxxed but didn’t tell her parents. The four of them are all COVID-19 positive. 3 of them are sick, one isn’t. Wanna take a guess? None have required hospitalization, yet….
November 26th, 2021 at 5:58:29 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
We really know very little about this variant and yet the minor to major panic has set in. We are on edge and I contend that our nation's scientific work is too far out of the spotlight. Trump was ridiculous in some of the Covid press conferences but he used the bully pulpit to get news out there about the virus and potential for vaccines and other treatments.

A year after his defeat, we have more Covid deaths and less science shared with us from the bully pulpit.

The pandemic is not Joe Biden's fault. The pandemic is not Donald Trump's fault. Some of the things that were done last year proved to be imperfect. The country elected a new leader and his continued response to Covid is to insult people, push vaccination mandates, and answer as few questions as possible,

Fear is an awful thing. It paralyzes people. Scaring people helps control them because of that. My contention is that the President can help the national mood by getting more information out through news conferences with scientists helping present news on issues, preventatives, therapies, trends, etc.

Knowledge is power. Help the nation gain knowledge.
November 26th, 2021 at 6:11:14 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: SOOPOO
Markets TANKING pre market today. Especially travel related stocks.

Surgeon we know didn’t get vaxxed. Neither did his wife. Nor his two kids (except…. ). The older girl is 22, and best friends with wife’s daughters. She has heard all the pros and cons and decided to get vaxxed but didn’t tell her parents. The four of them are all COVID-19 positive. 3 of them are sick, one isn’t. Wanna take a guess? None have required hospitalization, yet….
Interesting. Now there's the question of how sick will they get? If it's just a snuffle, then some of antivax tendencies will say "See. I told you it was pointless" while others might say "Fine example of the benefits of vaccine."

One thing I note, with this situation and that of Evenbob's Wife, and of those friends I know that caught it.... Contagion within the home! We get a one-one random transfer of the virus god knows where (church/office/operating theatre etc.) Then that one infected person brings it home for a super local superspreader event.

All of my friends that had Covid, had it run through right through immediate family, without fail. Husbands to wives, Kids to parents, Parents to kids, and god help the oldies, or those on methotrexate.

*These vaccines are a bit weird in that they seem to primarily alleviate symptoms. Unlike familiar vaccines that aspire to stop infection from happening.
I suspect that current vaccines are far less effective against new strains than some of our leaders would have us believe. (Yes I saw Biden's lie on that one)
Here in Blighty, our UK government are again doing too little too late and too recklessly.
Spoke to a few health care professionals and they all said something like "It's all kicking off again! Don't get me started on government inaction. They don't see the s417-storm that we see every day"

Speaking of 'within the home', I hope all of you American members had a good and safe Thanksgiving and don't go on to blip the infection stats in the next few weeks.
November 26th, 2021 at 6:11:15 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
A lot of the African countries with this new variant have multitudes of unvaccinated. At least in their defense vaccinations haven't been widely available.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 26th, 2021 at 6:35:03 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: OnceDear
What we might get the benefit of is another big dip in the markets to exploit.

Maybe that's the idea.

This variant has been around for more than a year. First mentioned in Oct. 2020.
November 26th, 2021 at 8:17:15 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: rxwine
A lot of the African countries with this new variant have multitudes of unvaccinated. At least in their defense vaccinations haven't been widely available.
A lot of Other countries about to get this new variant have multitudes of unvaccinated. At least in their defense. . . Nope. Got nothing. . . Does ignorance count?

Every one of us, un-vaccinated OR EVEN vaccinated. could be the incubator for the next, more deadly strain. We just need to do what we can to avoid catching it,
Test regularly to detect if we do catch it,
avoid giving it legs and
avoid giving it away.

Or we can just ignore it till it goes away. Hint. It's not going away.
November 26th, 2021 at 8:29:18 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: Tanko
Maybe that's the idea.

This variant has been around for more than a year. First mentioned in Oct. 2020.

No. Sorry. You are wrong. that was an earlier 'South Africa' originated strain 501.v2 from the tail end of 2020

For this new one....Nu variant 13th letter in Greek alphabet
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/what-we-know-about-nu-b11529-covid-variant-ahead-of-who-assessment/ar-AARaBwz

It’s unclear from where the new variant actually arose, but South African scientists first detected on Tuesday a small number of the B.1.1.529 variant in samples from Nov. 14-16.
November 26th, 2021 at 8:30:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Or we can just ignore it till it goes away. Hint. It's not going away.

It is what it is.
The President is a fink.
November 26th, 2021 at 8:42:02 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: AZDuffman
It is what it is.
It will be what we let it be. We are not helpless.

AZD, Of your recent chest infection.... May I ask if you ever got covid tested. You seemed to find the diagnosis to be a waste of time.
November 26th, 2021 at 8:48:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
It will be what we let it be. We are not helpless.

AZD, Of your recent chest infection.... May I ask if you ever got covid tested. You seemed to find the diagnosis to be a waste of time.

Nope, because it only felt like a cold, which it was. Pretty much better now except my nasal remains stuffed but has been for well over a year now, day in and day out.

We may not be "helpless" but it is high time that the portion of this country that thinks mankind is supreme above all realizes we are not supreme to nature and nature is going to do what it is going to do. Viruses are going to happen, mutations are going to happen. You have to get on with living your life.

Well, it knocked F down half a point which means if it recovers on Mon/Tues I roll out my options another week and make another couple hundred bucks. My investments have done well this whole thing!
The President is a fink.