No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

September 16th, 2021 at 12:29:46 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
So EB, what is your "read" on the claim that the current deluge of ICU patients in our hospitals is almost entirely unvaccinated covid patients?

Do you think that is acceptable, given there's a vaccine to "pretty much" prevent that?

Oh, let's not forget that non-covid patients are being turned away accordingly.
September 16th, 2021 at 12:34:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
A regular mask wouldn't work in 8 hour shift in a covid unit with multiple patients. That would make the statement true. It wouldn't provide enough safety for so many extended exposures and near body to body exposures.

But it could reduce exposure to much more limited exposure that isn't always close or extended versus wearing nothing. So, the statement that masks work can also be true.

An insufficient radiation protection won't be enough to protect you from extended exposure to Fukishima radiation for an hour.

But it might be said to work if you only spend 10 minutes for a limited exposure.

Same idea.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 16th, 2021 at 12:41:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
My wife feels the same way, but it would never fly; nor would allowing insurers to avoid having to pay for covid treatment for the unvaccinated.

Doctors take an oath to heal the sick ... all the sick ... including unvaccinated dolts.

Imagine if we took this attitude years ago and said gays could not enter a hospital if they caught AIDS? I wonder if some people would have been OK with that.

The hate from the lefties is far more than I ever imagined.
The President is a fink.
September 16th, 2021 at 12:46:38 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman

Not "hate," per se; more like anger, frustration and contempt.
September 16th, 2021 at 12:58:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Imagine if we took this attitude years ago and said gays could not enter a hospital if they caught AIDS? I wonder if some people would have been OK with that.

I think anti-vaxxers who refuse to wear masks should be treated like people who knowingly expose others to HIV.

Lock them up and throw away the key.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 16th, 2021 at 1:00:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Not "hate," per se; more like anger, frustration and contempt.

No, just pure hate. Been there for years, china virus is just bringing it out more.
The President is a fink.
September 16th, 2021 at 1:41:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Probably the best reason to get the shot, wear a mask, maintain social distancing, wash your hands and don't touch your fact is to avoid having the hospitals get overwhelmed with UNVACCINATED covid patients, like is happening now:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/idaho-declares-statewide-hospital-resource-crisis-covid-surge-rcna1997

The clueless dolts who refuse the shot and wind up in ICU are selfishly and needlessly taking up space which others without covid need.

Turn patients away?

Triage?

Thanks for nothing, anti-vaxxers!
That is a very good article.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 16th, 2021 at 2:22:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So EB, what is your "read" on the claim that the current deluge of ICU patients in our hospitals is almost entirely unvaccinated covid patients?

What does that have to do with counting flu deaths as covid deaths. The problem with the death counting is if you die in the hospital from some infectious disease and you have covid they write covid down on the death certificate whether you died from it or not. The problem now is in most places the vaccinated and unvaccinated are not wearing masks anymore so now they're fully exposing themselves to what's in the air. Went to the pet food store yesterday and I was the only person there among the employees and customers who was wearing a mask. I wear two masks a paper surgeons mask and a cloth mask over that. It may not one hundred percent prevent anything but it's certainly going to stop you from getting a full viral load of anything. I absolutely believe that masking had the flu count down last year but not by 95%. That's just ridiculous. Somebody said all infectious diseases were down last year, all except covid. Does that make any sense to you? Covid-19 is not some super disease from outer space it's just another form of the flu. If masking was preventing the regular flu it was also preventing covid. Duh
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 16th, 2021 at 2:30:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I don’t wear a mask anymore unless I have to. I go to the gym everyday. Sit in the cramped sauna with people who are breathing hard. I’ve been fine.

Thanks, Pfizer.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 16th, 2021 at 7:12:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
24 state attorney generals are suing Beijing Joe crime family Administration over the vaccination mandates. You can't tell people what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. Interestingly Putin in Russia has been vaccinated with the Sputnik V Russian vaccine. Sputnik translates to ' fellow traveler'. Russian satellites were called Sputnik because they traveled with the Earth.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.