No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

September 15th, 2021 at 11:31:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: missedhervee
I am intrigued by the notion of anti-vaxxers applying for a "religious exemption."

Are there ANY religions whose doctrines prohibit getting a vaccination?

If not, what arguments are being made to support such a claim?

"Christian Science" (often calling themselves Christian Scientists), very misleading name, is an easy example.

They historically are the ones against any secular medicine. If you see news stories about kids being in the U.S. because parents refuse to allow treatment for very common conditions, its usually them.

Jehova Witnesses are not quite as bad, but they reject some medical care if it contradicts their interpretation of the Bible (basically anything that involves blood, transfusions, organ transplants, etc...) I am not 100% sure their stance on vaccines.

Those are probably the main religions in America that are problematic as far as Healthcare restrictions that cause many needless deaths....
I know many more mainstream religions (including the Catholic Church) are against the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because stem cells were used in its development, but I am not sure if they techically "banned " it from members. Really anything involving stem cells however ancillary is for some reason a big no-go for most religions.
September 15th, 2021 at 1:04:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I am intrigued by the notion of anti-vaxxers applying for a "religious exemption."

Are there ANY religions whose doctrines prohibit getting a vaccination?

If not, what arguments are being made to support such a claim?

Only reason you should have to give is "I prefer not to get it."
The President is a fink.
September 15th, 2021 at 1:26:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman

We should just remove smoking bans everywhere. If people don't want to breathe smoky air indoors, either stay home or wear a mask.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 15th, 2021 at 2:04:37 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96

Oh really?

How then is a "personal preference" a bonafide "religious exemption?"

Hell, I'd rather not refrain from driving real fast or beating the hell out of people who annoy me but the law keeps me in check.

Sometimes people just tell us what to do, and we should do it, like it or not.
September 15th, 2021 at 2:53:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
We should just remove smoking bans everywhere. If people don't want to breathe smoky air indoors, either stay home or wear a mask.

Smoking is an active annoyance. And for the 38th time, if you have the vax why should you worry. If you should still worry after the vax, why should someone get it?
The President is a fink.
September 15th, 2021 at 2:54:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Sometimes people just tell us what to do, and we should do it, like it or not.

You would have made a fantastic East German citizen!
The President is a fink.
September 15th, 2021 at 3:03:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Smoking is an active annoyance. And for the 38th time, if you have the vax why should you worry. If you should still worry after the vax, why should someone get it?

Ah, I remember when you were still for freedom. About an hour ago.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 15th, 2021 at 3:40:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

So smoking should be banned at all indoor locations by the government because it is an "active annoyance"?

But, private property owners should be banned by the government from regulating their property as they wish (Red states that ban property owners from enforcing mask and vaccine requirements)?

Are you sure you are the real freedom person on this board? Or is freedom only good for activities that you enjoy and/or conform to your lifestyle?
September 15th, 2021 at 4:16:53 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
So smoking should be banned at all indoor locations by the government because it is an "active annoyance"?

But, private property owners should be banned by the government from regulating their property as they wish (Red states that ban property owners from enforcing mask and vaccine requirements)?

Are you sure you are the real freedom person on this board? Or is freedom only good for activities that you enjoy and/or conform to your lifestyle?

I’m the real freedom person on this board. You were close, but the Libertarian office was the next door down.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 15th, 2021 at 4:43:48 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
You would have made a fantastic East German citizen!

Perhaps, but YOU are a problematic American, embroiled in warped thinking while mouthing baseless notions.

But that's cool, we find our entertainment where we can.

Tell us again how the election was stolen, that's always good for a few laughs.