No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 14th, 2021 at 11:07:29 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: missedhervee
OK gang, get ready, 'cause the predicted Covid surge is upon us.

To the unvaccinated: You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky." Well do you, punk?"

WIth 89% of the over 65 US Population having received 1 shot
& 79% of the over 65 US Population having received both shots
I'll be watching the death count as opposed to the New Case number.
I predict a bunch of unvaccinated sub 40 year olds getting Covid/Delta,
Staying home for a few days & recovering without a hospital stay.
That is what the established stats have told us over the last 12 months.
This is an old person/compromised person problem for almost all cases of death or permanent impact.
Yes there are the outlier cases, but we don't run our lives based on outlier results.
For the non-compromised, under 40 year olds, this will be a bad flu experience
They will get us to herd immunity thru their recovery.
CNN & MSNBC will gnash their teeth over the case counts
They need public fear to improve their dismal ratings.
I am vaccinated & could care less about the next "surge"
The pandemic is over for anyone that is vaccinated.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 14th, 2021 at 11:24:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JCW09

Reminds me. I’m sick of all coverage that lasts more than 2 minutes on this.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 14th, 2021 at 11:48:03 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
It's hospitalizing kids now.

"Mississippi’s top health official said Tuesday the state has seven children in the intensive care unit due to COVID-19, including two who are on life support. Dr. Thomas Dobbs had said a day earlier that nearly all COVID-19 cases in the state are due to the Delta variant, with the majority of infections, hospitalizations and deaths among unvaccinated residents."
July 14th, 2021 at 11:52:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

"Mississippi’s top health official said Tuesday the state has seven children in the intensive care unit due to COVID-19, including two who are on life support. Dr. Thomas Dobbs had said a day earlier that nearly all COVID-19 cases in the state are due to the Delta variant, with the majority of infections, hospitalizations and deaths among unvaccinated residents."

I wear a mask indoors due to the Delta
In conservative Sheridan, Gilette and Buffalo WY
Hardly any masks indoors
sad and scary
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 14th, 2021 at 12:54:22 PM permalink
JCW09

These are outliers, this is the majority of cases even in Mississippi per the Clown News Network no less:

"In general, young people can become infected with Covid-19 and spread it to others but are far less likely to experience severe effects from the illness. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, children under 18 account for 12.5% of US Covid-19 cases but just 0.1% of deaths, while people over 50 make up 95% of Covid-19 deaths....

We've had infants as small as 6 to 8 months old up to the teenage years. Many of them are not ICU-level patients and are just patients in the hospital on a regular floor, but we have seen an increase in both ICU patients as well as patients on the regular floor," he told CNN on Wednesday.

Many of these patients, he said, have a chronic comorbidity that makes them more likely to have a worse outcome from Covid-19. "But we also are seeing some that don't have any underlying medical conditions and are just a little bit more ill than they could stay at home for," he added."

I stand by my if you are under 50 & vaccination this surge is a "non-event"
Unless your Ed who will be running around in a mask a decade from now.
Ed is more likely to get shot in Portland than he is to get hospitalized from the Delta variant.
July 14th, 2021 at 1:00:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Tanko
Why inject a live attenuated virus that may contain Ebola and HIV peptides into your body, when there are safer more effective vaccines available?

"FDA warns of potential rare neurological complication with Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine"

"Reports of adverse events following use of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine under emergency use authorization suggest an increased risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome during the 42 days following vaccination," the updated label reads."

Very rare. Only 100 reports out of 12.8 million vaccinated. No reason to risk being one of them.
Do you think the Mrna vaccines are safer, or are you being sarc?

12,800 to 1 sounds like pretty good odds.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 14th, 2021 at 1:24:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
They need public fear to improve their dismal ratings.

This makes no sense.

Aren’t they in the tank for the Dems? Seems like they would want to paint the rosiest picture possible to make Biden look good.

At least, that seems to be what Duffman has been trying to get at re: the statistics.

And I actually agree with most of your other points here. I’ve got both my Pfizer shots. Haven’t worn a mask outside an airplane or an Uber in a couple of months. I’ve moved on from Covid.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 14th, 2021 at 2:22:00 PM permalink
JCW09
Quote: ams288
This makes no sense.

Aren’t they in the tank for the Dems? Seems like they would want to paint the rosiest picture possible to make Biden look good.

At least, that seems to be what Duffman has been trying to get at re: the statistics.

And I actually agree with most of your other points here. I’ve got both my Pfizer shots. Haven’t worn a mask outside an airplane or an Uber in a couple of months. I’ve moved on from Covid.

The CNN/MSNBC narrative will be that right wing anti-vax white supremacists are the reason for the "case surge"
There will be no discussion of 7 day average death rate which will continue to track in the 300-500 range.
Hospitals & Health Care Systems will not be stressed by the "Scary Delta Surge"
This "surge" is a non-issue, but it will be blamed on Trump/Right Wingers/Anti-Vaxers instead of just saying
"You didn't get the vaccine, the risk is on you"
Instead it will be "they are endangering children & others that can't get the vaccine for medical reasons"
Undoubtedly these "children & people at risk" will be characterized as disproportionately people of color
So once again it will be racism. It's all so predictable.
If you can't/won't get the vaccine, stay home, mask up and deal with your fate.
I am not adjusting my life for you and won't be wearing a mask indoors/outdoors.
Businesses that require masks anymore will be boycotted.
When can we fly without masks already?!?
July 14th, 2021 at 2:34:01 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
If you can't/won't get the vaccine, stay home, mask up and deal with your fate.

Great idea, now time for you to take your own advice and "stay home, mask up and deal with your fate."
July 14th, 2021 at 3:58:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The CNN/MSNBC narrative will be that right wing anti-vax white supremacists are the reason for the "case surge"

It's fascinating how you are such an expert on CNN/MSNBC
The only way to know this is to watch a lot
How much CNN and MSNBC do you watch
Must be a lot.
I have no idea what Fox is reporting
I just don't care and don't have time for it
Why do you watch so much left wing TV.
I don't even watch CNN or MSNBC
Why do you care so much about them
Trump ain't President. Our national disaster is over. Hardly anybody watching CNN
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"