No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 4th, 2020 at 3:47:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
.... Our numbers are shockingly high, 1k a day.
1k what per day? Link?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 4th, 2020 at 4:18:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
1k what per day? Link?

Deaths per day.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-deaths-united-states-each-day-2020-n1177936
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 4th, 2020 at 4:20:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Quite a contagious bug, this COVID-19! Summer camp in Georgia....numbers are from recollection, so may not be accurate... but concept is valid.... Like 250 out of the 350 campers tested positive for COVID-19! No report of a serious case in those kids.... but how many of their grandparents will be dead in the coming weeks?

Ok. Think hard before you answer.

As you all know there are many viruses that despite our best efforts no effective and safe vaccine has been developed. AIDS is an easy example.

Let's say that after a year or two of trying, all the big pharma companies come out and say that they cannot develop the magic vaccine. That this virus turns out to be not amenable to such, like HIV.

So 3 years from now the virus still exists, still kills a lot of the elderly and sick, and few of the young and healthy. Less than now because some of the therapeutic drugs are helpful but not perfect. Do you "open it up", meaning fans in the stands, large weddings without masks, Broadway plays with patrons, planes with middle seats filled, etc....?

People tend to carry the traits to survive in one way or another. The susceptible will not reproduce as much as they will not live as long.

We would eventually trend to more and more people not susceptible to fatal cases.

That's what I believe anyway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 4th, 2020 at 4:54:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
Thanks for the link.

But in my own personal opinion, and definitely not politically motivated, I think that many of those counted were not properly tested for SarsCovid2? Az. has miserably unreliable test data, and we have all read that many are counted as Corona deaths that die from many different causes.

Just my opinion. I've seen where cancer deaths here where I am are counted, and read an article [among several] that counted a guy as a Covid death that crashed his motorcycle.

How will the final death count for Corona 2019 stack up against other flu's in other years?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 4th, 2020 at 5:32:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Thanks for the link.

But in my own personal opinion, and definitely not politically motivated, I think that many of those counted were not properly tested for SarsCovid2? Az. has miserably unreliable test data, and we have all read that many are counted as Corona deaths that die from many different causes.

Just my opinion. I've seen where cancer deaths here where I am are counted, and read an article [among several] that counted a guy as a Covid death that crashed his motorcycle.

How will the final death count for Corona 2019 stack up against other flu's in other years?

You have to know what injury or combination of injuries were fatal. They can work together, or be unrelated to death.

But that's true of all deaths, not just since Covid came along. Main reason to do an autopsy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 5th, 2020 at 3:52:48 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The Chinese military has it's own vaccine.

Russian elites have been getting vaccinated since April.

They plan mass vaccinations by October.
August 5th, 2020 at 4:02:29 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: terapined
Our numbers are shockingly high, 1k a day.

Higher than that lately.

Can’t think of a better time to travel the country, meeting new people every day in RV parks.
August 5th, 2020 at 4:04:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
The Chinese military has it's own vaccine.

Russian elites have been getting vaccinated since April.

They plan mass vaccinations by October.

Yawn
Where is the news?
Everybody is doing trials.
Still no vaccine that has been proven to work
Nothing to see here, please move on
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 5th, 2020 at 4:12:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Higher than that lately.

Can’t think of a better time to travel the country, meeting new people every day in RV parks.

Thanks. :-)
Due to the virus, millions more doing what I am doing.
This is the future for American vacations. Its not left or right, its everybody. Conservatives are buying RV's. Libs ae buying RV's. Independents are buying RV's.
Yes I a meeting new people
but
Still being socially distant. No handshakes. Not even an elbow bump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 5th, 2020 at 4:36:29 AM permalink
Tanko

"An Actuarial Look at Covid-19 Mortality"

"If we assume that 60% of all Americans eventually get infected that will give rise to a total death toll that can be directly attributed to COVID-19 of 475,000 (.0024 x .6 x 330,000,000)."

"And it might not even be as bad as that. Here is why.".....