No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

July 31st, 2020 at 1:22:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Asking them to leave because of no mask is silly in and of itself.

It's their right to require whatever PPE they want on their property, and its your right to refuse to shop at such stores/ restaurants.

And, its also their right to tresspass people who refuse to leave after being asked...
July 31st, 2020 at 1:24:47 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: JCW09
You moving to one of those tiny countries around the world that you claim handled the Covid Pandemic so much better than the US?
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
July 31st, 2020 at 1:30:44 PM permalink
Shrek
Quote: rxwine
Ask Herman Cain about that.
This is hilarious. Neither Herman Cain nor his family ever blamed maskless people for his death, yet now we have a libbie getting offended for him. Yawn. 🙄

Quote: Gandler
McDonald's CEO, Chris Kempczibski is now allowing encouraging workers at store levels to call police on customers not wearing a mask in their Restaurants.

This is great progress, because now other corporations with retail locations are rumored to be considering to do the same.

This came because McDonald's customers reportedly absued workers when directed to leave for not wearing a mask, so they are going to encourage no engagement and just the calling of police.
Why not let the cops handle something important?

Figures. Nothing this guy ever says surprises me anymore. Hopefully his views change as he gains more life experience.
July 31st, 2020 at 1:32:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
I always wondered how guys like Hitler ever came to power................now I know. 🙄

Most people in your situation would read a history book.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 31st, 2020 at 3:07:42 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Tanko
Count them if it makes you feel better.

Including NY and NJ, number of deaths as a percentage of confirmed cases in the US, is 3.39%. In Europe, where France, Italy, Spain and Germany admit to undercounting deaths, the number of deaths as a percentage of of confirmed cases is higher than 7.07%.

I don't disagree. The US case-fatality rate is pretty good. Our health care workers are doing a great job keeping people alive once they get it. Or maybe testing strategy or population age have something to do with it. However our country has not done a good job preventing the spread.

The statistics are really messy. Every country's numbers are inaccurate to different degrees and in different directions. But the data are all we have.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 31st, 2020 at 4:00:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

And it amazes me how many libbies out there actually want people fined and/or arrested for not wearing a mask. I always wondered how guys like Hitler ever came to power................now I know. 🙄

I have been telling people this is an example of how that kind of group comes to power. At every step enough people say "but it is for the common good!" as a few more rights are trampled on and a little more power taken. Freedom gets lost at the ballot box or in the congress but has to be taken back with guns and pitchforks.
The President is a fink.
August 1st, 2020 at 2:08:52 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: JimRockford
I don't disagree. The US case-fatality rate is pretty good.

That's not what you said two days ago.

Quote: JimRockford
Even so by the qualifications that you specify, the USA looks pretty bad right now. The numbers will change before this is done but here are the 28 countries with more than 50 million.

Country, Deaths/M Pop
UK 677
Italy 581
USA 469 Third worst
August 1st, 2020 at 3:05:12 AM permalink
Shrek
Can't stand that hack Fauci. But it was good to see Jim Jordan rip him to shreds over whether or not protests spread the virus. 😂😂

August 1st, 2020 at 3:06:42 AM permalink
Shrek
Rules for thee, but not for me! (Typical libbies) 🙄

D.C. ‘mask mandate’ exempts lawmakers and government employees
August 2nd, 2020 at 4:41:51 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Rules for thee, but not for me! (Typical libbies) 🙄

D.C. ‘mask mandate’ exempts lawmakers and government employees

Shrek's posts have been a little below standards recently (He hasn't been quoting MY posts!) but this one is perfect. I think we have the Fauci example of sitting with a friend at a ballgame maskless as another good example of the hypocrisy.

I was at an indoor Mexican restaurant yesterday. You wear a mask until you are seated. Around 1/2 the tables with signs saying "reserved for coronavirus". They do a pretty good takeout business. Just through the door are a couple of men, sloppily dressed, in desperate need of showers, waiting for takeout. No masks on. I thought about saying something, but just for a split second. I looked around and thought that those two guys could not have been riskier by just standing there than the other 50 patrons seated. The thought of me, maskless because I am seated, saying something to a maskless guy who happens to be standing is just silly. A friend has said to me.... "Don't you know that being seated is a protection from getting coronavirus?"