No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 2nd, 2020 at 5:31:11 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Will be veeeeerry interesting to see what happens to Donny’s approval rating when his measly $1200 checks don’t arrive in some people’s pockets till September.

Millions of people needed those checks TODAY to cover the mortgage/rent/etc.

I guess you didn't watch the briefing today. DJT sounded pettier than usual. He was blaming all the governors for not having their own stockpile of ventilators. It is obviously complicated when there are states, counties, cities, and of course a country. The fact that there is a national emergency supply of these things lead me to believe it should be a federal responsibility.

I think it was Mnuchin, but it may have been someone else, who EMPHATICALLY stated the checks will be sent out within two weeks. He sounded like Trump berating the reporter who asked him the question.

There was some guy talking about the supply chain who basically was licking Trump's ass. He could not begin or end a sentence without praising Trump's leadership. After his soliloquy, he was asked a question. He tried to defer to his Lord and Master, but Trump said that he had done such a great presentation he could answer the question!

As far as millions of people needing the checks now to cover mortgage, rent.... no they don't . No one will be evicted for failure to pay rent right now. No one will be in default for not paying their mortgage right now. If you went with food, I'd give that to you....

Things like this are always a reality slap in my face, that tens of millions of Americans don't have a dime in savings.
April 2nd, 2020 at 5:39:01 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Now I understand why you are always so confused about what is going on. You let the MSM filter your news.

Who lies more, the MSM or Donny?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 2nd, 2020 at 5:41:41 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
As far as millions of people needing the checks now to cover mortgage, rent.... no they don't . No one will be evicted for failure to pay rent right now. No one will be in default for not paying their mortgage right now. If you went with food, I'd give that to you.....

Not to pull a fleaswatter and get all syntax-y on you, but the “etc” in my post was carrying a lot of weight.
April 2nd, 2020 at 5:43:40 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Who lies more, the MSM or Donny?

How would you know you just told us that you only listen to what you are told Trump said. Not everything he might say that doesn't get reported when it doesn't match the scenario being presented.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 2nd, 2020 at 5:45:05 PM permalink
ams288
Not everything he might say that doesn't get reported when it doesn't match the scenario being presented.

Could you rephrase that in English?
April 2nd, 2020 at 6:41:56 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Could you rephrase that in English?

I have reduced it to a grade 2 level. Let me know if you still need it simpler.l

MSM doesn't like Donny. They only reports bad things Donny says. You only listen to MSM. You never hear what Donny really says.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 2nd, 2020 at 6:53:33 PM permalink
ams288
I have reduced it to a grade 2 level. Let me know if you still need it simpler.l

MSM doesn't like Donny. They only reports bad things Donny says. You only listen to MSM. You never hear what Donny really says.

Most likely because the good things Donny says all turn out to be lies?

Paraphrasing cause I’m too lazy to look all the quotes up:

Coronavirus coverage is the media’s new hoax.

We’ve got 15 cases soon going down to close to 0.

Everyone who wants a test can get one.

Nothing to worry about. It’s just going to go away.
April 2nd, 2020 at 6:53:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I disagree
I listen to Donny
I listen to the news reports
Excellent reporting
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 3rd, 2020 at 3:03:28 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

Always cracks me up when people tell me I didn't see what I saw and didn't hear what I heard.

It's on tape. The media plays back his own words...on "tape".
April 3rd, 2020 at 5:33:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Face
The very next day, I had no mail. From ~4 trays down to 1.5. But you know what was in the mail that I did have? Flier for Mypillow.

I'm not sayin', but... yes tf I am.

His advertising is all over the place.

I knew a guy who did analytical math for businesses. One that hired his company to help with their metrics and campaigns was a scooter company. He related to me that they spent about $100 less on the scooters and advertising than they charged; the volume is what kept them going.

It would take more evidence for me to think it was connected, given that I get crap from them all the time and the airwaves are bombarded with the commercials.