Deadpool 2020

September 18th, 2020 at 5:01:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
OMG
. President Trump's October surprise came two weeks early this year. The liberals will go absolutely batshit crazy now, they will be chewing the wallpaper off the ceiling . Thanks RBG, good job. You went out with a bang
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 18th, 2020 at 8:49:29 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: ams288
She held on as long as she could....

RBG dead at 87

Yep. Wish she could have gone another four months, but probably won't have mattered.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 20th, 2020 at 4:37:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Robert W. Gore, the inventor of Gore-Tex fabric, dead at 83

Would you know about goretex if not for "Seinfeld?"
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2020 at 7:04:50 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: AZDuffman

Gore-tex is the go to fabric in thousands if not millions of outdoor wear products from coats to shoes. You really think it is only known because of Seinfeld? I would wager you have something in your closet with gore-tex.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 20th, 2020 at 7:17:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman

Gore-tex is the go to fabric in thousands if not millions of outdoor wear products from coats to shoes. You really think it is only known because of Seinfeld? I would wager you have something in your closet with gore-tex.

Might be a generational thing. It was invented in 1969. Some brand names became ubiquitous for all similar products so real easy to notice like Kleenex.

(well down here it did, not sure in Canada)

I think Goretex is that man sized lizard Captain Kirk fought in the original series.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 20th, 2020 at 7:22:23 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

As a backpacker, I'm well aware of gortex (do I capitalize that?) clothing. Lightweight and waterproof. I remember how many other backpackers swore by it when it came out. However, I didn't know how it got the name.

RIP. Thanks for keeping me dry on some rainy days when I lived in Maryland.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 20th, 2020 at 7:53:42 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine

Might be a generational thing. It was invented in 1969. Some brand names became ubiquitous for all similar products so real easy to notice like Kleenex.

(well down here it did, not sure in Canada)

I think Goretex is that man sized lizard Captain Kirk fought in the original series.

He discovered the polymer in 1969 it wasn't until 1976 that Gore-Tex was perfected and marketed.
September 20th, 2020 at 8:57:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Probably do, but if not for George would we really know the brand name? It would just be some other product.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2020 at 10:36:27 AM permalink
kenarman

Probably do, but if not for George would we really know the brand name? It would just be some other product.

Anybody that wants serious rain gear looks for it by the brand name, see Mike's post.
September 20th, 2020 at 12:07:41 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I didn't watch Seinfeld. I remember Gore-tex being quite popular in the late 80s
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan