Threads: 25
Robert Trump RIP
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 16th, 2020 at 4:20:12 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
Robert Trump RIP

Donny was golfing yesterday while his brother was dying.

Was it COVID?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 17th, 2020 at 11:37:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Donny was golfing yesterday while his brother was dying.

Was it COVID?

And? If he was told the exact day his brother was going to die, and then after getting that information he chose to schedule a golf outing, that would be 'bad optics'. Playing golf when your brother is sick and has been for a while is not 'bad optics'.

Now that I think about it, I have NO IDEA what I was doing on the day my mother died. It was 6 days after 9/11 and she had been sick for a while, with terminal lung cancer. It wasn't a shock, but I would not have been surprised if she lived into October, November, or December.
August 17th, 2020 at 11:54:13 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
And? If he was told the exact day his brother was going to die, and then after getting that information he chose to schedule a golf outing, that would be 'bad optics'. Playing golf when your brother is sick and has been for a while is not 'bad optics'.

And it was also the same day Donny said he wouldn’t be able to throw out the opening pitch at the Yankees game because he was too busy.

Always time for golf though!

I already pointed it out in the Trump Implosion thread
August 17th, 2020 at 12:25:38 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
And it was also the same day Donny said he wouldn’t be able to throw out the opening pitch at the Yankees game because he was too busy.

Was he golfing at the same time he would have been throwing out the pitch? If so, that is bad. If he was golfing at a different time how would that have any bearing on what he had planned at the time of the pitch?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 17th, 2020 at 12:44:40 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

The fake people in the stand were very upset. They probably had them programmed to boo anyway.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 17th, 2020 at 1:00:27 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: DRich
Was he golfing at the same time he would have been throwing out the pitch? If so, that is bad. If he was golfing at a different time how would that have any bearing on what he had planned at the time of the pitch?

Well, what he said is
“Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the Yankees on August 15th,” President Trump wrote on Twitter. “We will make it later in the season!”
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 17th, 2020 at 1:04:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

The whole 1st pitch thing is a dumb knee jerk reaction to Dr Fauci throwing out a 1st pitch
Trump cant stand it that Fauci has better approval ratings and is more popular, so popular, he got to throw out a 1st pitch
That just got under Trumps skin.
He can be so petty and why he decided to announce his own 1st pitch to counter Fauci.
sad whats important to Trump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 17th, 2020 at 1:29:01 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Dalex64
Well, what he said is
“Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the Yankees on August 15th,” President Trump wrote on Twitter. “We will make it later in the season!”

The sad thing is that he did end up going to New York that weekend to see his dying brother in the hospital.

But he had to quickly head back to NJ for an urgent round of golf.