Discussion about the Suspension List

December 3rd, 2016 at 7:13:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I must admit, the response to it surprised me. Look how many hundreds of posts are in the "discussion" thread, including the first one, which was split off. The whole thread seemed to invite everybody to bitch about the forum and how it was managed. In weighing the pros and cons of it, I strongly feel the cons outweigh the pros and that's why I ditched it here, before it became too much of an element of the site.

Totally agree! The idea was sound, if people don't know the standards they are harder to follow. I'm guilty of posting in that thread but tried to really limit it, like this time to explain that his behavior is a danger sign and how to see the difference. But the thing is a sewing circle. Like a bunch of hags talking about what this one is wearing or that one is doing.

If I want to worry about management I'll offer to buy in as a silent partner. Otherwise as long as the color scheme stays the same I will just offer feedback when asked.
The President is a fink.
December 3rd, 2016 at 11:52:37 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
If you want or need the list for better tracking, I suggest putting it into a mod-only forum.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 3rd, 2016 at 11:59:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
If the list is gone, how will you know
how many days to suspend someone
next time if you can't see past offenses.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 10th, 2017 at 5:24:26 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Hasn't Canyonero's sentence ended yet?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 10th, 2017 at 7:11:29 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
Hasn't Canyonero's sentence ended yet?

Oops. Yes, it did, on Feb. 2. I think is this sets a new record for the most over-served suspension. 36 days by my count.

Sorry about that Canyonero. I owe you 36 days. That is quite a lot of indulgences.

That is a downside to not having a suspension list. I'll have to just use my paper calendar.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 10th, 2017 at 7:22:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Maybe he didn't notice with all the immigrant
violence in Germany. Some migrant attacked
a bunch of people today with an axe, then
later there was a machete attack. Normal in
Germany these days.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 10th, 2017 at 7:31:57 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Sorry about that Canyonero. I owe you 36 days. That is quite a lot of indulgences.

If you owed me that much, you'd want to kick me out by the time I got done :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 11th, 2017 at 4:33:35 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
If you owed me that much, you'd want to kick me out by the time I got done :)

I've actually toyed with the idea of a free speech day where you could say whatever you want without fear of suspension. It would have been so much more fun if SL were still around. It would not apply to previously banned members.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 11th, 2017 at 6:57:21 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I've actually toyed with the idea of a free speech day where you could say whatever you want without fear of suspension. It would have been so much more fun if SL were still around. It would not apply to previously banned members.

I don't think it would be practical. Even if you closed the thread people would continue to respond elsewhere and retaliate for weeks.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 11th, 2017 at 11:29:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: DRich
I don't think it would be practical..

I agree. It would open wounds that would
never heal. That's why manners were
invented, so we could live among others
without killing our neighbor.