Discussion about the Suspension List

November 1st, 2014 at 12:33:28 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
Do we get an explanation???

(Twice I've composed a very long post, twice my kid has hit the "Back" button when I got up to get a drink ><)

In short, he ran out of chances.

He was just too antagonistic. Holding and defending an unpopular opinion is fine. Using it to taunt others, making sigs to incite, or other activities for the purpose of inflaming is not approved.

So it's transparency time, hopefully this will help clear things up. I think Babs got a raw deal. She caught a lot of flak in the original nuke because she was the one addressing B9, and also for the multi-account SNAFU. What wasn't known was at the time, we three had already been in talks about what to do with the escalating friction between B9 and other members. He had already been suspended for a 3 which went directly to a 30, he took it that far. And the sigs and the taunts only continued to increase. All 3 of us, Mission, Babs, and myself, were prepared to leave B9 nuked despite the multi-account mistake. It was a wizardly veto that brought him back, as Wiz hoped the point would have gotten across.

Upon his return, again, the taunts and sigs only increased. It was at this time I had a very long derail with him here, hoping beyond hope he would just get it. He and I could argue all day long, and every time we'd walk away with mutual respect. Yet with others, any conflict was met with a new nickname and a series of mocking posts. Just stop that, and everything would have been great. But he just wouldn't / couldn't.

So he was nuked for a second time, in an event that also took out Mosca. I got notified he was gone and again advised of my support of the decision. I know a few came to B9's aid, and I heard a few wrote the Wiz wishing clemency. I wasn't asked about it, I didn't offer an opinion about it. That was the last I heard about B.

I don't know what all transpired in the mean time, but I guess the efforts paid off. Wiz unbanned B9 himself here at DT because of your efforts. Returned from a nuking, and did it twice.

And right away, back to the sigs taunting Babs. I no sooner had time to think "what is he doing" when his name was brown again.

"Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville — mighty Casey has struck out."
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 2nd, 2016 at 6:44:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
That didn't take long, MKL just got back yesterday
and he's gone already. He just can't help it.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/1925/1/#post64848

There were actually several personal insults from
him since yesterday, I knew he'd get nailed on
one of them. It's not possible for him to communicate
without putting the other person down in some way.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 2nd, 2016 at 6:58:27 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
That didn't take long, MKL just got back yesterday
and he's gone already. He just can't help it.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/1925/1/#post64848

There were actually several personal insults from
him since yesterday, I knew he'd get nailed on
one of them. It's not possible for him to communicate
with putting the other person down in some way.

It's in his makeup. Just can't help himself. People like him wouldn't say a word to anyone in real life but sadly the internet has given him a voice (albeit temporarily).

Did you notice he mentioned several times about being a teacher? Gee, I wonder who else told the WoV forum they were a teacher? Anyone else still doubting it's MKL?
December 2nd, 2016 at 7:17:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Aussie

Did you notice he mentioned several times about being a teacher? Gee, I wonder who else told the WoV forum they were a teacher? Anyone else still doubting it's MKL?

I picture him as a bitter Mr Peepers.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 2nd, 2016 at 8:12:09 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Although I generally support public shaming as a punishment, I've decided to remove the suspension list over here at DT. Over at WoV I think it has done more harm than good. However, it is has become such a part of WoV that I hate to change it. Here it had only three entries, so who cares?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 2nd, 2016 at 8:32:12 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
I was planning on a pardon from President Obama to re-instate me on WOV, but he found out I voted for Trump. I strongly suspect EvenBob was the snitch !
December 2nd, 2016 at 8:40:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Wizard
Over at WoV I think it has done more harm than good.

Really? I find it amusing people get upset over it. (and I'm on it twice)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 2nd, 2016 at 8:48:37 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Yeah, like it's hard to get back there if you have half a mind to. Yeah, I know, half a mind. Don't say it, Nareed darlin' .
December 3rd, 2016 at 6:58:28 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Really? I find it amusing people get upset over it. (and I'm on it twice)

I must admit, the response to it surprised me. Look how many hundreds of posts are in the "discussion" thread, including the first one, which was split off. The whole thread seemed to invite everybody to bitch about the forum and how it was managed. In weighing the pros and cons of it, I strongly feel the cons outweigh the pros and that's why I ditched it here, before it became too much of an element of the site.
December 3rd, 2016 at 6:59:40 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
I picture him as a bitter Mr Peepers.

Hopefully, he won't be insulted by that. We won't know for a week.