live in, it's why so many famous
comics like Seinfeld and
others no longer perform
at college campuses. Any
joke about gender, race,
religion, sexual preference,
is seen as hate speech, no
matter how mild the humor.

This kind of thing happens in gay threads all the time. Discussion that is anything but positive will have one or several people pop up and "swarm" the poster(s) they do not like. Sometimes I find it is as if there is a secret gay mailing list to get them to show up. All the quoted articles are par for the course. Seen this since 1992. What is different here is that is is just one person jumping in.
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2019 at 2:44:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
This kind of thing happens in gay threads all the time.

The fact that you are perusing "gay threads" all the time surprises me.

Actually, it doesn't.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 20th, 2019 at 2:51:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
The fact that you are perusing "gay threads" all the time surprises me.

Actually, it doesn't.

It seems straight people are more obsessed with gay people than gay people are.

I see more people complaining about people saying "My husband" than anyone should notice....

I simply don't understand why people care so much about sexuality....
August 20th, 2019 at 3:01:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

I see more people complaining about people saying "My husband" than anyone should notice....

I simply don't understand why people care so much about sexuality....

We don't. If gays would go about their lives without announcing theirs things would be quiet. If they would not make a target of people and companies that do not toe their line things would be quiet. Gays choose to keep making an issue of their sexuality so it keeps getting discussed. It seems they want the attention.
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2019 at 3:11:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler

That's why there are so many Gay
threads here. We're obsessed.
Oh, wait. This is the only one
and it's recent. But to some that
spells obsession, I guess.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 20th, 2019 at 3:26:47 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
How is anything in the thread "hate speech" btw?
That BLM guy still blows me away. BLM is one of the most hateful groups in the country, and he has the gall to accuse others of being hateful?? Like WTF man?! BLM is a domestic terrorist group!

I still don't see anything "hateful" in this thread either. I went back and read it 3 times now. I guess what I have to remember is that libbies have a different definition of "hateful" than the rest of the world. If they don't like it, then it's "hateful". Like if you point out that there's a higher percentage of the black population in prison compared to whites. Libbies think that's "hateful" because they don't like it, so they scream "BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT!"

Same thing with Donald Trump. They think they can impeach him because they don't like him. Anything he says is "hateful" because they don't like what he says. And they call him a "BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT!"

It's insanity man! Just like if you point out that "gay and bisexual men have the largest number of new diagnoses of HIV in the United States" or that "transgender women who have sex with men are among the groups at highest risk for HIV infection", they think that's "hateful" just because they don't like it. Nevermind that it's true, they don't like hearing it so you're a "BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT!" just for stating the facts.

*https://www.hiv.gov/hiv-basics/overview/about-hiv-and-aids/who-is-at-risk-for-hiv
(The quotes are from the fourth paragraph)

Sorry libbies, but just because you people don't like the thoughtful conversation in this thread, that doesn't mean it's "hateful". It just means that you don't like it, but there's nothing hateful about it whatsoever.
August 20th, 2019 at 3:45:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
I still don't see anything "hateful" in this thread either. I went back and read it 3 times now.

For your sake, I hope this is exaggerated.

Hopefully you’ll find a new hobby other than constantly ranting about gays and “libbies” on a message board.

Since you re-registered on Aug 15th, have you made ONE post that wasn’t just a rant about some aspect the left?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 20th, 2019 at 3:46:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
That's why there are so many Gay
threads here. We're obsessed.
Oh, wait. This is the only one
and it's recent. But to some that
spells obsession, I guess.

Didn't you just tell me a while earlier when I asked about if you ran a gay bar, you said you had mentioned it 4000 times already. I forget what number you said but sounded like a lot of gay talk.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 20th, 2019 at 3:47:14 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: ams288

In my defense people in this thread were talking about how some Gay People tend to talk a lot about their Gay Lifestyle. So I added an antecdote someone said.
August 20th, 2019 at 3:58:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
We don't. If gays would go about their lives without announcing theirs things would be quiet. If they would not make a target of people and companies that do not toe their line things would be quiet. Gays choose to keep making an issue of their sexuality so it keeps getting discussed. It seems they want the attention.

I don't feel that is true. But, if you want to talk about substance for gay issues: There are only two questions that matter.

1. Do you think gay marriage should be legal?

2. Do you support businesses discriminating against gay people.

To question 1, the only logical answer is yes (there are no negative effects of gay marriage on partners or on children).

Question 2 is more complex, and I actually think it is important to protect the rights of business owners to choose who they do business with. I personally support religious freedom protections laws (despite being an atheist). Also, this is one area (that nobody has mentioned) where some gay people take advantage of their sexuality for lawsuits and publicity stunts. If you cited this as an example, I would have taken your earlier comments more seriously.