The Gay Thread

August 4th, 2020 at 3:17:49 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

All are saying first eye was a total success. Had to wear a night patch for a week.

I had to wear an eye patch for a year as an 11 year old kid. At that age it was traumatic. As it turns out it was a mis-diagnosis and I was able to have surgery to correct the problem. I wish I could sue for the mental anguish I went through.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 4th, 2020 at 3:53:44 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I am in the middle of cataract surgery. No joking, my left eye is 20/25 and my right eye is 20/200. I don't think it will matter at the moment.
Best of luck to ya. I've seen nothing but good results from my acquaintances that have had the surgery.

I wanted to get cataract surgery because everything is fuzzy, the doctor says I have 20/20 and I do have cataracts, just not bad enough to do surgery. Typing is really difficult if there is two II's in a row or =.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 4th, 2020 at 3:55:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
That sucks. I've worn glasses and
then contacts since I was 10. As
I got past 60 my vision improved
and I passed the drivers license test
last year without them. Go figure.
The very same thing happened with my sister. Big coke bottle glasses as a little kid, then contacts. Now she doesn't need anything to read.
August 4th, 2020 at 4:01:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Best of luck to ya. I've seen nothing but good results from my acquaintances that have had the surgery.

I wanted to get cataract surgery because everything is fuzzy, the doctor says I have 20/20 and I do have cataracts, just not bad enough to do surgery. Typing is really difficult if there is two II's in a row or =.

I have an underlying neurological condition that helped me convince them to do it a few years early. It was getting more and more cloudy, would eventually have been a danger to me. The only scary part is complete inability to read without cheaters. Too late to worry though.
The President is a fink.
August 4th, 2020 at 4:28:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The only scary part is complete inability to read without cheaters. Too late to worry though.

I use a big 5" magnifying glass
to read, or dollar store reading
glasses. The only problem I
have now is the brightness of
the computer screen bothers
me at times. And I have it dimmed
way down.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2020 at 4:59:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I use a big 5" magnifying glass
to read, or dollar store reading
glasses. The only problem I
have now is the brightness of
the computer screen bothers
me at times. And I have it dimmed
way down.

I bought some decent cheaters today, when I hit Dollar General I will get a bunch of them so when the gnomes steal them I have another set. I never understood how people could not see close. I mean, close should be easier. But without them I cannot come close to reading.
The President is a fink.
August 4th, 2020 at 5:14:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
I have an underlying neurological condition that helped me convince them to do it a few years early. It was getting more and more cloudy, would eventually have been a danger to me. The only scary part is complete inability to read without cheaters. Too late to worry though.
I was surprised the eye doctor didn't jump on doing surgery on me as fuzzy as everything is. And I see all these folks that went and got the surgery, I'm thinking wow, how bad was their vision driving around if mine is like this and they won't fix it?
August 24th, 2020 at 1:40:17 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Trump just appointed the first openly
Gay man to a presidents cabinet in
history. Did Obama or Clinton do that?
I thought Trump was a homophobe.
LOL!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 24th, 2020 at 2:25:56 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Trump just appointed the first openly
Gay man to a presidents cabinet in
history. Did Obama or Clinton do that?
I thought Trump was a homophobe.
LOL!

Wasn't that like 6 months ago?
Or did he finally get officially approved?
August 26th, 2020 at 5:11:25 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Serious question here.
How the hell do gays get their accent?? Why can't they just talk normal like the rest of us??

It's not like they're from some foreign country, so I don't get it.

Here's what I'm talking about. Now this guy technically doesn't say that he's gay, but c'mon man.
He's flaming all over the damn place. Just watch the first few seconds of this strawberry video to hear his gay accent:

BTW the Youtube comments are hilarious.
One guy said "The dude in the pink hoodie makes the rest of them look straight as an arrow". 🤣🤣