To be fair, not a fan of straight sex
scenes in movies either. It's boring.
Sex in real life is basically boring.
It's one of those things that's built
up as being great, but most of the
time it's about as exciting as watching
baseball on TV. Unless you're 19,
of course. Then it's fantastic.

That was exactly the point of the scenes being in the movie, as a historical representation. The first scene was Barrow meeting a guy in a pub, then the guy took him to an underground gay pub. A minute or two later, there's a scene with a bunch of guys dancing in the underground gay pub, but then it gets raided by the police and Barrow gets arrested...I can't really discuss if he gets released or how without spoiling another related part of the movie.

At another point, Barrow and another guy kiss for maybe two seconds, but then they get startled by someone unexpected going through the hallway and almost get caught kissing.

And...that's it.

If anyone is offended by that, then they are every bit as intolerant as liberals are as relates free speech. In any case, it wouldn't even remotely qualify as a sex scene. I should hope that, rather than clutching your rosary...or whatever the hell an Atheist who posts in a way that is oversensitive on gay matters clutches...that you would have a good laugh that anyone would make such a big deal about completely innocuous scenes.

My experience on straight sex is that---the more preoccupied with it that people are, the less of it they have tended to have throughout life and with fewer people. I wouldn't go as far as to describe it as boring, but very rarely do I experience the biological urge. I'd already had plenty of sex with multiple women by the age of 19, so my opinion on it then was pretty much the same, except for the basic fact that I was more promiscuous just because that was something you did at that age...I was also simultaneously intoxicated and single much more frequently in the company of women.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 18th, 2020 at 9:11:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

If anyone is offended by that, then they are every bit as intolerant as liberals are as relates free speech. In any case, it wouldn't even remotely qualify as a sex scene. I should hope that, rather than clutching your rosary...or whatever the hell an Atheist who posts in a way that is oversensitive on gay matters clutches...that you would have a good laugh that anyone would make such a big deal about completely innocuous scenes.

There is a difference between "being offended" and just not wanting to watch what you find disgusting. Watching two guys to me is just revolting to watch, so I do not tune in to that kind of thing.
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2020 at 9:17:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
There is a difference between "being offended" and just not wanting to watch what you find disgusting. Watching two guys to me is just revolting to watch, so I do not tune in to that kind of thing.

I'll agree to that, though EB specifically used the word, 'Offended,' in the post I responded to.

For the record, I'm not agreeing to two guys kissing being disgusting...that's a total non-mover for me. I agree with there being nothing wrong with not wanting to watch something you find disgusting.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 3rd, 2020 at 3:59:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
More on Ellen. It's so ironic that
she was the woke champion and
MeToo champion and she ends
running such an un-woke shop.
I do like her show, she has a certain
edge to her comedy. She's very
clever.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2020 at 11:59:39 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
It's gonna be fun watching libbies take down libbie Ellen.

It's always great seeing libbies destroy each other. 😂😂
I'll get the popcorn. 🍿
August 4th, 2020 at 1:07:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Shrek
It's gonna be fun watching libbies take down libbie Ellen.

It's always great seeing libbies destroy each other. 😂😂
I'll get the popcorn. 🍿

Here show was on while I was at the clinic. Jennifer Aniston was hosting. No idea if it was a normal vacation or something more.

Something about Aniston, she is 51 trying to keep looking 28 and it is not working for me.
The President is a fink.
August 4th, 2020 at 1:37:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Here show was on while I was at the clinic. Jennifer Aniston was hosting. No idea if it was a normal vacation or something more.

Something about Aniston, she is 51 trying to keep looking 28 and it is not working for me.
Try dimming the lights and drinking a six pack?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 4th, 2020 at 2:43:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
Try dimming the lights and drinking a six pack?

I am in the middle of cataract surgery. No joking, my left eye is 20/25 and my right eye is 20/200. I don't think it will matter at the moment.
The President is a fink.
August 4th, 2020 at 2:47:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I am in the middle of cataract surgery. No joking, my left eye is 20/25 and my right eye is 20/200. I don't think it will matter at the moment.

That sucks. I've worn glasses and
then contacts since I was 10. As
I got past 60 my vision improved
and I passed the drivers license test
last year without them. Go figure.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2020 at 3:14:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
That sucks. I've worn glasses and
then contacts since I was 10. As
I got past 60 my vision improved
and I passed the drivers license test
last year without them. Go figure.

It will be good when it is done. Right now I am a royal mess. Daylight driving only and minimized. Though I just drive without my glasses now. I will not be able to read a book or newspaper without cheaters, ever. Left eye still healing. Today eye doc said I will likely be more aware when they dope me for the second eye. Second eye always comes out better.

All are saying first eye was a total success. Had to wear a night patch for a week. The schedule for drops is crazy. But in the end I will be able to see again. Killing me have to stay home nowhere to go with china virus and cannot work above my head or life over 15 lbs at all.

I could have waited but stars aligned to do it this year, plus why do it at age 65 and be dead 5 years later? Get them now and enjoy a bit.
The President is a fink.