The Gay Thread

June 19th, 2020 at 9:05:41 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman

Not "it's" definition. THE definition. Nobody considered changing the definition until the 1990s when gays demanded it. Religion has nothing to do with it. Biology and science do.

Biology plays a role in who gets tax benefits and gets to be on one another's health insurance plan?

In any case:

1.) The first recorded actual court case related to this was in the 1970's.

2.) The Hawaii State Supreme Court ruled any such ban (with potential for exceptions) Unconstitutional in the early 90's.

3.) States had technically not even explicitly banned it, at first. The first to do so was Maryland, again in the 1970's, so clearly there was some sort of question about it going on before the 1990's.

4.) As I've said any number of times, the churches themselves don't need to recognize anything, nor do I think they should ever be forced to. There is no, "Biological," institution of marriage, and if there were, even THAT would obviously not forbid polygamy---which the Government already has and did at this time.

ADDED: "Its," not, "It's," thank you. Read the sentence aloud without the abbreviation: "Not it is definition." See, that makes no sense. Its. If you want to make sure you're using the right word, just use the one I used in the first place.

Quote:
No, they were fighting about it on their own. Some people with common sense say that you cannot just decide you are a woman if you are a guy. So they call that person a "bigot." They are angry at the world and will never be happy.

I don't dispute that and I don't think anyone meaningfully does. I don't think anybody thinks a guy can wave a magic wand and instantly be a woman. He can call himself a woman. Other people can call him one. My suggestion is that there's enough of a difference between sex and gender---even if it's just a created difference that isn't biologically real (I'm not saying it's not, but looking at your position in the most favorable light to you)---and it really doesn't hurt me to call a born male she/her if the person wants me to.

The question you never respond to is this: What possible difference could it ever make to you? Nobody is going to make you cut your peepee off or wear a dress. You don't have to be friends with a transexual, nobody is forcing you to do that. In your personal life and personal relationships, you can be as discriminatory as you want to because that's what free association is. You can dislike people for any reason you wish, but that doesn't mean they don't get equal rights. You could decide you don't like people who have bigger feet than you do and stop talking to me, if you wanted to.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 10:17:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Biology plays a role in who gets tax benefits and gets to be on one another's health insurance plan?

In any case:

1.) The first recorded actual court case related to this was in the 1970's.

2.) The Hawaii State Supreme Court ruled any such ban (with potential for exceptions) Unconstitutional in the early 90's.

3.) States had technically not even explicitly banned it, at first. The first to do so was Maryland, again in the 1970's, so clearly there was some sort of question about it going on before the 1990's.

4.) As I've said any number of times, the churches themselves don't need to recognize anything, nor do I think they should ever be forced to. There is no, "Biological," institution of marriage, and if there were, even THAT would obviously not forbid polygamy---which the Government already has and did at this time.

It did not have to be "banned" because it was common sense that was not what marriage is. Same as they do not ban you from marrying your dog or goldfish.

And yes, biology plays a role. One union is natural. The other is not.

Quote:
I don't dispute that and I don't think anyone meaningfully does. I don't think anybody thinks a guy can wave a magic wand and instantly be a woman. He can call himself a woman. Other people can call him one. My suggestion is that there's enough of a difference between sex and gender---even if it's just a created difference that isn't biologically real (I'm not saying it's not, but looking at your position in the most favorable light to you)---and it really doesn't hurt me to call a born male she/her if the person wants me to.

Oh, but they do. Why do so many people call males "she" because "that is how they want to be addressed?" You yourself just said it is not a problem.

If you believe in science you know that XX and XY cannot be changed. You can mutilate the body and hop up on pills, it still does not change.

Quote:
The question you never respond to is this: What possible difference could it ever make to you? Nobody is going to make you cut your peepee off or wear a dress. You don't have to be friends with a transexual, nobody is forcing you to do that. In your personal life and personal relationships, you can be as discriminatory as you want to because that's what free association is. You can dislike people for any reason you wish, but that doesn't mean they don't get equal rights. You could decide you don't like people who have bigger feet than you do and stop talking to me, if you wanted to.

It makes a difference to me because I do not want men going in the ladies room where women in my life might be using. It makes a difference because I do not want to be fired for refusing to go along with their nonsense. And I sure as hell do not want to be intimate with one and told after the fact. No normal guy wants that.

It is messing with nature in a way that will come back to bite us.
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2020 at 10:28:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Who decided marriage can only be decided by biology? Marriage isn’t nature or even designated by animals. Did 2 swans tell you they were married?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2020 at 10:58:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek

You gotta think, will the gays EVER be happy??

Not possible when you lead
a life that is totally contrary
to nature. You will always be
fighting what you want and
what's normal. Like being
born a 'little person'. You
will be fighting the stigma
of that every day of your life.
Read about the Munchkins
in W of O. Most of them were
solid alcoholics.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 19th, 2020 at 11:00:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Who decided marriage can only be decided by biology? Marriage isn’t nature or even designated by animals. Did 2 swans tell you they were married?

It is natural and science. It's why it is HUSBAND and WIFE.
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2020 at 11:32:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It is natural and science. It's why it is HUSBAND and WIFE.

Well, biology is also about males impregnating as many females as possible and keeping a harem.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2020 at 12:07:58 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Well, biology is also about males impregnating as many females as possible and keeping a harem.

That’s why I brought up polygamy, but I don’t expect any of my points to be taken unless I make them as explicitly as possible.

Even then, I consider any acknowledgement of a point a minor miracle, depending on to whom I am speaking.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 12:23:52 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
It did not have to be "banned" because it was common sense that was not what marriage is. Same as they do not ban you from marrying your dog or goldfish.

And yes, biology plays a role. One union is natural. The other is not.

What’s, “Natural,” about codified tax, insurance and inheritance implications? One of the unique qualities that makes humans who we are is that we can think beyond what is, “Natural,” which is why you have complex societies to begin with. Furthermore, as with laws, language evolves. Words take on new meanings.

There are no legal implications of the same nature for dogs or goldfish. The idea behind gay marriage is simply that a gay couple could enjoy the same guarantees under the law as could anyone else. Again, on a personal level, there’s nothing that even says you have to acknowledge them as rightfully married.

Quote:
Oh, but they do. Why do so many people call males "she" because "that is how they want to be addressed?" You yourself just said it is not a problem.

If you believe in science you know that XX and XY cannot be changed. You can mutilate the body and hop up on pills, it still does not change.

I don’t recall saying it does change.
Quote:
It makes a difference to me because I do not want men going in the ladies room where women in my life might be using. It makes a difference because I do not want to be fired for refusing to go along with their nonsense. And I sure as hell do not want to be intimate with one and told after the fact. No normal guy wants that.

It is messing with nature in a way that will come back to bite us.

Why not? What difference does that even make, in terms of the restrooms? I don’t think you’re going to have guys throwing on a wig and dress so they can sneak a peak under the stall wall, if that’s your concern. It’s also, I wouldn’t think, not the ideal spot to commit a rape...not that I’ve ever put any thought into it.

As far as being fired, my advice to you is the employer-employee relationship is one of free association, so I would recommend bringing your concerns to management/HR and seeing how they want you to handle it.

I’ve got to tell you: I’ve never had the last concern. I would be extremely surprised if I got together with a female who wasn’t born into the female sex. Haha haha!!! That’s really funny. Why do you think that’s such a likely thing to have happen? Been running around hitting on transexuals without knowing it, have you? Not an insult, legit question.

It’s 2020, honestly, if you have any doubt...you could probably just ask. For my part, I’ve never had any doubt about anyone with whom I’ve been sexually acquainted, and I’ve certainly not been wrong yet.
June 19th, 2020 at 1:17:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146

Why not? What difference does that even make, in terms of the restrooms? I don’t think you’re going to have guys throwing on a wig and dress so they can sneak a peak under the stall wall, if that’s your concern. It’s also, I wouldn’t think, not the ideal spot to commit a rape...not that I’ve ever put any thought into it.

Hmm, how can I make this simple enough to understand.

Most women do not want perverts in the ladies room with them. Most men do not want perverts in the ladies room with their women.

Simple enough?
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2020 at 1:22:13 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Hmm, how can I make this simple enough to understand.

Most women do not want perverts in the ladies room with them. Most men do not want perverts in the ladies room with their women.

Simple enough?

Who is a pervert? By the way, the, “Haha, that’s really funny,” in the last post wasn’t directed at you. It was directed at the notion that I would accidentally hook up with anyone other than a born woman who identifies as a woman.