Kelly McGillis not asked to be in Top Gun sequel

Page 6 of 7« First<34567>
July 31st, 2019 at 5:18:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Pacomartin
He was supposedly paid ~$300 million for playing Iron Man for 11 years.
Sorry. I meant that he was unbankable at the time he was signed for doing Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Thisws due to his inability to remember what drugs he was overdosing on.
July 31st, 2019 at 6:23:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Tom Cruise has apparently sold his Los Angeles mansion and moved to Clearwater to be near the church headquarters

Surprised he doesn't move into the Fort Harrison hotel and walk to Flag via the bridge
Its not an area I would choose to live if I had Cruises money
Downtown Clearwater is kind of dead
Filled with struggling businesses. You get a bleak creepy feeling downtown as its dominated with uniformed scientologists walking around.
Is an area where a lot of the homeless live because a park and the public library are right near Flag.
All the tourists going to the beach bypass downtown and take the bridge to the barrier Island, Clearwater Beach.
This is where all the thriving businesses and great restaurants are.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 31st, 2019 at 6:47:24 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Century Oaks, a 17,000-square-foot home — so called because of its magnificent old trees — was built in 1915 by New York City developer Dean Alvord on the site of Fort Harrison, a military post for settlers during the Second Seminole War. The area became known as Harbor Oaks, Clearwater's first planned residential subdivision, and was advertised to wealthy Northerners as "The Riviera of the Sunny South."

In April 21 2017 it sold for $11.18 million, the most ever paid for a home in the Tampa Bay area. No other residential property has been even close to that price except for a Belleair estate that sold for $10.25 million in 2008.

Quote: terapined
Its not an area I would choose to live if I had Cruises money

Tom Cruise sold his mansion in Los Angeles for $40 million before moving to Clearwater, which was $10 million more than he paid for it. So he is quite capable of buying any home he wants in Clearwater, FL. Nobody with that kind of money moves into a downtown area other than Manhattan.

According to Forbes there are 52 billionaires that live in Florida, but only about seven live in the Tampa area. Naturally most of them in Palm Beach or Miami.
Clearwater Todd Christopher hair care products $2.2 billion
Clearwater Robert Duggan pharmaceuticals $1.8 billion
St. Petersburg Ronald Wanek furniture $1.8 billion
St. Petersburg Thomas James finance $1.2 billion
Tampa Edward DeBartolo Jr. shopping centers $2.9 billion
Sarasota Kenneth Feld & family circus live entertainment $2.4 billion
Lakeland Carol Jenkins Barnett Publix supermarkets $1.8 billion

He must have made a huge contribution to the church.
July 31st, 2019 at 10:40:48 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mosca
Yep, that’s another, except even when it came out I thought it was well made pablum.

It pissed off a lot of people. Somebody
that much of a feeb would never do
any of what Gump did. It was an insult
to impaired people.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 31st, 2019 at 1:02:07 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
It was an insult to impaired people.
The most hated man during Vietnam War Years was Robert McNamara for his Moron Brigade that put mental rejects into combat units. One guy had guard duty and was told "if anyone comes along, yell halt before shooting", so when a big officer in an American uniform came along the sentry took aim, yelled halt and then instantly fired. Supposedly they threw the moron into the muck of a latrine and watched him drown.
July 31st, 2019 at 7:55:57 PM permalink
terapined

Tom Cruise sold his mansion in Los Angeles for $40 million before moving to Clearwater, which was $10 million more than he paid for it. So he is quite capable of buying any home he wants in Clearwater, FL. Nobody with that kind of money moves into a downtown area other than Manhattan.

According to Forbes there are 52 billionaires that live in Florida, but only about seven live in the Tampa area. Naturally most of them in Palm Beach or Miami.
Clearwater Todd Christopher hair care products $2.2 billion
Clearwater Robert Duggan pharmaceuticals $1.8 billion
St. Petersburg Ronald Wanek furniture $1.8 billion
St. Petersburg Thomas James finance $1.2 billion
Tampa Edward DeBartolo Jr. shopping centers $2.9 billion
Sarasota Kenneth Feld & family circus live entertainment $2.4 billion
Lakeland Carol Jenkins Barnett Publix supermarkets $1.8 billion

He must have made a huge contribution to the church.

Still surprised Cruise bought a place in dead Clearwater. I find downtown Clearwater depressing. Buying in a popular area, good investment. Buying in a dead area, not a good decision. Though with his money, doesn't really matter
Just a few miles away are the popular vibrant barrier islands such as Clearwater Beach that attract all the tourists and that's where Todd Christopher and Robert Duggan live.
By the way, Robert Duggan is $cientologys biggest whale. He's donated millions.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 1st, 2019 at 10:40:10 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: terapined
Still surprised Cruise bought a place in dead Clearwater. I find downtown Clearwater depressing. Buying in a popular area, good investment. Buying in a dead area, not a good decision. Though with his money, doesn't really matter
Just a few miles away are the popular vibrant barrier islands such as Clearwater Beach that attract all the tourists and that's where Todd Christopher and Robert Duggan live.
By the way, Robert Duggan is $cientologys biggest whale. He's donated millions.

I was thinking of mentioning that Clearwater, Florida is dull as dishwasher and wondering why Tom Cruise bought a Mansion there. But you beat me to the punch as I forgot to post that. ;) Wouldn't MIAMI have been a much better choice? Miami is a bustling, big, busy, popular, world renown City in Florida. Most people have absolutely no idea what Clearwater is.
August 1st, 2019 at 11:26:22 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: KNathan
I was thinking of mentioning that Clearwater, Florida is dull as dishwasher and wondering why Tom Cruise bought a Mansion there. But you beat me to the punch as I forgot to post that. ;) Wouldn't MIAMI have been a much better choice? Miami is a bustling, big, busy, popular, world renown City in Florida. Most people have absolutely no idea what Clearwater is.

Dead downtown Clearwater does have the $cientology mecca building Flag, better known as the super powers building
Yup, Tom Cruise really bought into scientology and now they will teach him super powers
I am not kidding. Scientologists such as Tom Cruise are so brainwashed, they believe $cientology can teach them super powers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Building
"The Flag Building, also referred to as the Super Power Building, is the largest building in Clearwater, Florida. It is owned by the Church of Scientology and was built principally to deliver the Super Power Rundown, a high-level Scientology training course intended to train Scientologists to use all of their 57 "perceptics" or senses. "
August 1st, 2019 at 12:25:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I was wondering if people still buy movies for repeat home viewing. I see EB does. I haven’t had a collection for years.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 1st, 2019 at 12:33:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I was wondering if people still buy movies for repeat home viewing. I see EB does. I haven’t had a collection for years.

Had a bunch of vhs tapes for years, dumped them 5-6 years ago. Never bought a dvd player so never bought any movies on that format. To me it is sort of a thing in my life that has passed. Can Netflix or torrent if I really want to watch, but there are few I really want to watch.

I try to make my life a bit minimalistic. That means no collecting for the sake of collecting. I cleared 90% of my bookshelf as well. Life is better small.
The President is a fink.
Page 6 of 7« First<34567>