Real or photoshop?

Page 1 of 51234>Last »
March 18th, 2019 at 6:13:35 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

I thought this image was photoshopped. What presidential candidate would show a chart of increasing debt since if he was elected the number would surely increase. The public debt has now surpassed $22 trillion.

But, it is actually an image from Aug. 11, 2016, during the first POTUS campaign.
March 18th, 2019 at 8:24:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Its shocking how the republican party has abandoned fiscal responsibility
I used to vote republican because this used to be the fiscally responsible party
WTF
At CPAC, some responsible republicans wanted to talk about the deficit
They were booed out of CPAC
sad
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 18th, 2019 at 6:17:54 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
some responsible republicans wanted to talk about the deficit
They were booed out of CPAC
sad

It's funny, but it you go to any forum anywhere and someone will ask how the government can run out of money when they can just print more.Usually you think that this person is age 15, but more likely they are adults. Someone finally says that banknotes are liabilities to the central bank.

Then you read that there are congresspeople who support the widely rejected Modern Monetary Theory (MMT)

Arguments are that "money is a creature of law" rather than a commodity.
March 20th, 2019 at 6:29:17 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
The United States will soon be the largest exporter of petroleum in the world. That should help the deficit. It will take a while but the stench of the Obama years will some blessed day be a distant memory.
March 20th, 2019 at 7:30:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: pew
The United States will soon be the largest exporter of petroleum in the world. That should help the deficit. It will take a while but the stench of the Obama years will some blessed day be a distant memory.

Not "petroleum" but "petroleum products" which is even better as it means more local jobs! I love being a part of it.

Remember how Obama thought that the answer was not "more drilling" but to check the air pressure in our car tires? Dick Cheney spilled the dirty little secret almost 20 years ago when he said conservation is noble but will not alone solve the problem. He was mocked by the left. But it kind of set the divide between "educated people" and "smart people." In the halls of academia he was called a fool. People in the real world know that same as a company needs more revenue to increase profit long term, we have to drill to supply enough oil to meet demand.

Now I must get back to work or wells will be held up.
The President is a fink.
March 20th, 2019 at 3:14:28 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
Not "petroleum" but "petroleum products" which is even better as it means more local jobs! I love being a part of it.

Remember how Obama thought that the answer was not "more drilling" but to check the air pressure in our car tires? Dick Cheney spilled the dirty little secret almost 20 years ago when he said conservation is noble but will not alone solve the problem. He was mocked by the left. But it kind of set the divide between "educated people" and "smart people." In the halls of academia he was called a fool. People in the real world know that same as a company needs more revenue to increase profit long term, we have to drill to supply enough oil to meet demand.

Now I must get back to work or wells will be held up.
I stand corrected. Value added. It doesn't get any better than this!
March 20th, 2019 at 3:29:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: pew
I stand corrected. Value added. It doesn't get any better than this!

No harm meant. Just read the details in my industry mag.

Just saw what they are paying rig hands in WY. Good grief, talk about a reason to skip college.

Oil is going up again. This time I might be qualified for a tour in ND.
The President is a fink.
March 21st, 2019 at 9:45:50 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman
Remember how Obama thought that the answer was not "more drilling" but to check the air pressure in our car tires?

Math is fun.

I recently did some shadetree maintenance, picked up a few mpg. Let's see what happens when we extrapolate...

Looks like my 2.X mpg increase saves me personally $520 a yr. It's eleven and a half (roughly) barrels of oil that I'm no longer using. Run this across the 3.3T miles of American commuting, and I get (VERY roughly) about a billion and a half barrels saved per year. It equates to (again, very roughly) 140 days of total US production, or just under a quarter of our total yearly consumption. All of that, just by making my truck roll better. Cost me ~$80 and 4hrs in the driveway.

Granted, an '18 Camry isn't going to find the increases that I did in my s#$%pile, but picking up whole mpg's just by inflating tires, emptying trunks, and proper driving habits is as easy as obtaining a dozen eggs. And the returns are MASSIVE.

You're the business and finance guy. Yet you discredit this.

Why?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 21st, 2019 at 10:07:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face

You're the business and finance guy. Yet you discredit this.

Why?

Because Obama said it
If Trump says it, AZ is all in
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 21st, 2019 at 10:15:28 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
Math is fun.

I recently did some shadetree maintenance

You wrongly assume what you
corrected applies equally to
everybody else. It doesn't.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 1 of 51234>Last »