has to pay taxes on what you
get paid and his unemployment
insurance payments increase.
They hope you'll get tired of
fighting it, but you're an attorney
and don't need to hire one to
tell what to do. So fight him over
it if you have to.

We shall see what happens - I doubt they will fight it as they gave me the forms when I left
August 8th, 2019 at 8:26:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades
I have hung out my own shingle again and filed for UI

The President is a fink.
August 9th, 2019 at 7:02:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: petroglyph
Is there a way you can help these victims because of the new statute recently passed?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-state-laws-open-door-to-decades-old-child-sex-abuse-cases/

In Buffalo, every third radio advertisement is for a law firm that specializes in this.

Question..... If you 'hang out your own shingle', when do you (or the state) determine that you are no longer unemployed?

Also, I'm pretty sure in NY you have to show that you are looking for a job to qualify for UI. Would "hanging out a shingle" count as looking for a job?
August 9th, 2019 at 7:04:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
In Buffalo, every third radio advertisement is for a law firm that specializes in this.

Question..... If you 'hang out your own shingle', when do you (or the state) determine that you are no longer unemployed?

Also, I'm pretty sure in NY you have to show that you are looking for a job to qualify for UI. Would "hanging out a shingle" count as looking for a job?

Technically being self-employed means you are no longer eligible for UC. You have to be a loser to claim you are working if your shingle is out and you do not bill. NY was weird when I lived there as the day worked not the dollars mattered, thus working an hour a day you lost UC for that day.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2019 at 6:34:42 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
So, I was in Court this morning and ran into an attorney that was an adversary on a case I worked at while with "The Firm" - they asked how things were going and told them "The Firm" and I had parted ways and I was back out on my own - they asked me if I was relieved to no longer have to deal with the Protege - they said nobody in the legal community understands why the Owner keeps the Protege around and informed me that few attorneys, if any, respect the Protege and despise dealing with him on cases as he is discourteous and unknowledgeable
August 16th, 2019 at 10:19:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
So, I was in Court this morning and ran into an attorney that was an adversary on a case I worked at while with "The Firm" - they asked how things were going and told them "The Firm" and I had parted ways and I was back out on my own - they asked me if I was relieved to no longer have to deal with the Protege - they said nobody in the legal community understands why the Owner keeps the Protege around and informed me that few attorneys, if any, respect the Protege and despise dealing with him on cases as he is discourteous and unknowledgeable

Can only imagine if he was in a smaller county upstate.
The President is a fink.
August 28th, 2019 at 12:56:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
No update in a coupla weeks?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 28th, 2019 at 12:59:27 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
No update in a coupla weeks?

Trying to get things going again out there on my own - have one new client thus far
It is a Sisyphean task
August 28th, 2019 at 1:11:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Trying to get things going again out there on my own - have one new client thus far
It is a Sisyphean task

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 28th, 2019 at 1:12:52 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob

Indeed...indeed.
Page 73 of 76« First<70717273747576>