Threads: 5
Quote: terapined
Character is what counts
then does Joe Biden "disgust" you????
April 8th, 2019 at 11:57:14 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Quote: SOOPOO
it was for his kids to see "someone who looked like him" as President of the USA.

Buttigieg is not DISQUALIFIED from being President because he is gay,
ok then 2 can play at that game!!

Pete Buttcrack is not like me so that should disqualify him right????
April 8th, 2019 at 11:59:38 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Quote: ams288
In my experience, the only people who truly believe that being gay “is a choice” are closeted homosexuals who haven’t yet accepted the truth about themselves.

wait everyone chooses who they sleep with if you don't choose who you sleep with then that means you got raped right?????????
April 8th, 2019 at 12:04:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: YeahBaby
wait everyone chooses who they sleep with if you don't choose who you sleep with then that means you got raped right?????????

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 8th, 2019 at 1:37:08 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: SOOPOO
When Obama was elected I spoke with a group of my Black friends after basketball. One of the guys just said how good it was for his kids to see "someone who looked like him" as President of the USA. It allowed him to preach "If you work hard you can be anything". I think for a gay man it would be the same. The first openly gay NFL football player. The first openly gay Congressman. The first openly gay President.
I think that people would be happy that Buttigieg is not DISQUALIFIED from being President because he is gay, and hope he wins or loses based on his positions, character, etc.

I hope and assume you are not making a generalization that until a certain member of a minority is elected President, members of that minority believe they are "DISQUALIFIED" from becoming President
April 8th, 2019 at 2:06:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
I stand by my original statement. LOL

Which is ridiculous. You just don't
want to admit that a Gay lifestyle
is a choice. How do you think all
the Gays in the UK stayed out
of prison before 1958. They made
the conscious choice not to be
publicly Gay, to keep it a secret.

Lots of Gay men who were 'born'
that way had wives and families.
They made that choice.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 8th, 2019 at 2:29:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: aceofspades
I hope and assume you are not making a generalization that until a certain member of a minority is elected President, members of that minority believe they are "DISQUALIFIED" from becoming President

Perhaps "disqualified" is not the exact word. I can tell you growing up Jewish in NYC we as kids talked about essentially being "disqualified" from ever being President of the USA. Just felt there was no way the flyover states would ever vote for a Jew for POTUS. In this context, I use the word "disqualified" to mean no matter what the qualifications of the Jew or Gay man, he would not win election. I am sure many Blacks felt that way before Obama.
By the way, I don't feel that way now.
April 8th, 2019 at 2:33:40 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Moderator, please split this off if possible.... as it has veered away from AOC....

The "should a gay man be allowed in a locker room full of young boys if a heterosexual man would not be allowed in the same locker room full of young girls" has never been answered to me in a way I can come to grips with. If the answer is "just because I am gay does not make me a pedophile" works for gay men, why does it not work for straight men?
April 8th, 2019 at 2:38:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Which is ridiculous. You just don't
want to admit that a Gay lifestyle
is a choice. How do you think all
the Gays in the UK stayed out
of prison before 1958. They made
the conscious choice not to be
publicly Gay, to keep it a secret.

Lots of Gay men who were 'born'
that way had wives and families.
They made that choice.

You’re confusing “lifestyle” with physical attraction.

Gay people and straight people can “choose” to live whatever lifestyle they want. They don’t choose who they are attracted to.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman