Black Mirror

Page 1 of 81234>Last »
December 27th, 2018 at 10:14:52 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
The rumors of a "choose your own adventure" style Black Mirror episode/movie have permeated the internet for a while and now, there is a trailer for it's release tomorrow on Netflix:

December 27th, 2018 at 10:47:48 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I look forward to it! Glad to see there is another Black Mirror fan on the forum. I've seen every episode.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 27th, 2018 at 11:31:12 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Wizard
I look forward to it! Glad to see there is another Black Mirror fan on the forum. I've seen every episode.

Big fan!!! My favorite episode is San Junipero
December 27th, 2018 at 11:32:20 AM permalink
aceofspades

I am very interested in seeing how they implement the "choose your own adventure" feature -- probably have to move your cursor over a box or a link for each decision you have to make

Apparently there are 312 minutes of footage available as part of the "choose your own adventure" format -- I wonder how many permutations there are for the number of different stories you can create
December 27th, 2018 at 11:40:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I am a big fan also
Reminds me of Twilight zone snd Night Gallery
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 27th, 2018 at 11:41:10 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: aceofspades
Big fan!!! My favorite episode is San Junipero

I think that one won lots of awards. I can't say it would make my top ten, but wouldn't make the bottom ten either. Maybe I need to re-watch it. As often is the case with that show, you don't really get the point, at least I don't, until the end. That was definitely the situation with me and that episode.

Quote: aceofspades
I am very interested in seeing how they implement the "choose your own adventure" feature -- probably have to move your cursor over a box or a link for each decision you have to make

When I first learned to program I made lots of games, because my high school didn't give me enough to do. Some of them were Choose Your Own Adventure games, which were based on such books my youngest brother read. It was simple -- enter 1 to feed the dog, enter 2 to ignore it, enter 3 to kill it, things like that.
December 28th, 2018 at 12:56:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I've never seen an episode.

But I've got a 4 day weekend ahead of me with little-to-nothing to do, so I'll give it a shot.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 28th, 2018 at 1:07:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288

But I've got a 4 day weekend ahead of me with little-to-nothing to do, so I'll give it a shot.

It's right up your ally, you'll adore
the first episode..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 28th, 2018 at 1:59:35 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
It's right up your ally, you'll adore
the first episode..

EB is just joking. Do NOT start with that one. It is not representative of what the show is about and would horrify most people.
December 28th, 2018 at 2:42:52 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I really enjoyed the series.

Only a couple of them have what you might consider "happy" endings, though.

It is kinda like the newer "Outer Limits" series - cautionary tales, examples of technology taken to far, or technology taking over too much of society.

Unlike Outer Limits, Black Mirror has a much darker tone.

They are all mostly independent stories, with hints or Easter eggs nodding at a shared universe, so you probably shouldn't base your opinion on one episode.

You might be able to find a website that has some kind of vote-ranked best episodes. I would think San Junipero would be on that list.

For me, though, San Junipero was that much better after watching so many dark, disturbing, or otherwise "unhappy" stories.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Page 1 of 81234>Last »