Black Mirror

Page 8 of 8« First<5678
December 31st, 2018 at 3:09:54 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: OnceDear
Might it be that the family name was actually originally 'Stoker' or 'Stokes' As adopted by someone from Stoke? Antique Wedgewood pottery can be pretty damned valuable. Go google what you have. Check the label under the saucers.

This is stuff, samples mostly, Josiah brought home for the kids. It's pretty valuable I had it appraised 25 years ago and insured it. It's only gone up.

As to Stocker, no, it was always Stocker, according to Mom. She offered this family heirloom, which hangs on her wall.

Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 3rd, 2019 at 4:36:10 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I haven't followed this thread but this link is interesting:

WATCH OUT Black Mirror: Bandersnatch ‘could be sinister Netflix ploy to steal THOUGHTS’

The hit Netflix feature could be even creepier than we thought...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8108883/black-mirror-bandersnatch-conspiracy-choose-your-own-adventure/
Let's go Brandon
January 9th, 2019 at 6:41:15 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Wow! Why aren't more people talking about this show. I watched/played Bandersnatch and was amazed. So I watched Season 4, episode 1. I thought that was great too. I heard the first episode was awful so I watched and thought it was really good and very thought provoking. I'm kind of hooked.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 9th, 2019 at 8:55:48 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
Wow! Why aren't more people talking about this show. I watched/played Bandersnatch and was amazed. So I watched Season 4, episode 1. I thought that was great too. I heard the first episode was awful so I watched and thought it was really good and very thought provoking. I'm kind of hooked.

The first episode of season 1, not 4, is the one everybody is warning you about, including me. I suggest watching every episode except that one before you even consider watching episode 1-1.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 9th, 2019 at 9:41:25 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Yeah I did watch episode 1-1. It was disturbing for sure but a real commentary on what we will watch now a days. I thought the monologue towards the end of season 1-2, was some of the most intense acting I've ever seen. Has this show won any awards?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 9th, 2019 at 11:50:37 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Season 5 (all 3 episodes of it) is underwhelming and predictable
June 10th, 2019 at 5:51:25 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: FrGamble
Yeah I did watch episode 1-1. It was disturbing for sure but a real commentary on what we will watch now a days. I thought the monologue towards the end of season 1-2, was some of the most intense acting I've ever seen. Has this show won any awards?

It has won 23 awards out of 83 nominations, including 7 Emmy Wins out of 11 nominations.

I am one of those people who found the first two episodes too disturbing to watch any more, but not everyone reacts the same way. I think many people think it is disturbing because it is insightful.
Page 8 of 8« First<5678