2019 Deadpool

October 17th, 2019 at 10:15:49 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
Holy cow! Trump listened to an advisor before he tweeted. I am sure Trump despised him.

Why would he. Cummings only spent every
waking moment since the election trying to
get Trump out of office. Good riddance
to a jackass. He only presided over the
most dangerous and worst run district
in the US, increased his net worth by
500% in his 13 terms, and only had 2
kids out of wedlock while he was married.
Yeah, a real hero...
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 17th, 2019 at 11:07:57 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
Why would he. Cummings only spent every
waking moment since the election trying to
get Trump out of office. Good riddance
Yeah, a real hero...

26 years of 6 figure income and only increased his net worth 500%? He must have been paying a bunch in child support!

As I've said, I didn't like him at all, but it is totally disingenuous to say he "presided over the most dangerous and worst run district in the US". As an elected representative to the US House of Representatives, you are involved in federal laws, not local. You can try and steer some funds your district's way, but it is the mayors and governors and state houses that run the roost and should take the blame.
October 17th, 2019 at 11:21:23 AM permalink
Evenbob

As I've said, I didn't like him at all, but it is totally disingenuous to say he "presided over the most dangerous and worst run district in the US".

If it wasn't his district, who's was it.
Of course it was his.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 17th, 2019 at 3:38:53 PM permalink
SOOPOO
If it wasn't his district, who's was it.
Of course it was his.

I thought you had better reading comprehension, but I guess I was wrong. Congressmen DO NOT PRESIDE OVER A DISTRICT. They REPRESENT their district in the House of Representatives. They have little to no authority to effect change in their own districts.
October 17th, 2019 at 8:10:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
They have little to no authority to effect change in their own districts.

Who told you that.

"The process of constituents voting regularly and reaching out to their representatives helps these congresspersons better represent them. It is considered a given in representative democracies that representatives will seldom ignore the wishes of constituents, especially on salient issues that directly affect the district
they represent."

Of course they can make changes, that's
why we elect them.
October 18th, 2019 at 11:38:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Who told you that.

"The process of constituents voting regularly and reaching out to their representatives helps these congresspersons better represent them. It is considered a given in representative democracies that representatives will seldom ignore the wishes of constituents, especially on salient issues that directly affect the district
they represent."

Of course they can make changes, that's
why we elect them.

Wow. Just wow! What change can a republican congressman make in my district? Name one please.
October 18th, 2019 at 12:02:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Wow. Just wow! What change can a republican congressman make in my district? Name one please.

EB off the rails again and wrong. Some things never change
National issues, I contact my congresswoman or Senator. Ric Scott, Marco Rubio or Kathy Castor
Yo, vote for impeachment

Local issues, I contact my Florida State rep or FL state senator. Janet Cruz or JW Grant
Yo, thanks for that bike trail by my house. Do something about the local traffic.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 18th, 2019 at 12:39:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

One had a covered bus stop funded and ready to go until Louise Slaughter(D) killed it lest the Republican get credit. This was about 1999, but it happened.

[NOTE: This was the Rochester area, not sure if the district is the same or not, but saying near enough.]
The President is a fink.
October 18th, 2019 at 12:41:00 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Good riddance
Yeah, a real hero...

Jackass
Increased net worth X00%
Kids out of wedlock
Adultery

Do you see it yet?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 18th, 2019 at 12:50:38 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Face
Jackass
Increased net worth X00%
Kids out of wedlock
Adultery

Do you see it yet?

I was going to point out that same thing yesterday, but decided why bother. The Kool-Aid has completely destroyed their vision.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman