Things have changed since Children's Hour in 1961

Page 2 of 3<123>
December 24th, 2018 at 8:35:02 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Dalex64
Here's a tip: avoid saying something to a woman that would make you uncomfortable if you were saying it to a man .

That tip would put me in jail. I say all kinds of s**t to men that are not appropriate for most women. My conversations with men and women are completely different and expect I am not alone.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 24th, 2018 at 9:01:52 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: aceofspades
Not sure if that works because there are tons of things I would never be uncomfortable saying to a man that might trigger a woman

But that's the other way around. The key point of the evaluation is what WOULD be uncomfortable to say to a man, not what wouldn't.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 24th, 2018 at 9:41:57 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
But that's the other way around. The key point of the evaluation is what WOULD be uncomfortable to say to a man, not what wouldn't.

The only "uncomfortable" thing you could say to a man all depends on whether you are willing to fight that particular man or not -- otherwise, pretty much anything goes
December 24th, 2018 at 10:13:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
might trigger a woman

If you're in a relationship, you spend half
your time trying not to trigger her. You
can never learn all the triggers because
they change. I never feel that way around
men.

It's why married men hide in their garages
and basements with their hobbies. If the
woman can't see you, the trigger won't
go off. Unless she's triggered about the
basement or the garage, then you're
screwed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 24th, 2018 at 10:29:29 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
"Everything is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power" [Wilde?]
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 24th, 2018 at 10:33:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph

I know they say rape isn't about the
sex, it's about power over women.
Never understood it, but I'm not
a rapist. I don't want power over them,
just want to avoid them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 24th, 2018 at 10:44:43 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph

I know they say rape isn't about the
sex, it's about power over women.
Never understood it, but I'm not
a rapist. I don't want power over them,
just want to avoid them.
Or power over men, or children.

I think what Wilde was alluding to is summed up, slightly different in Briffaults law.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 24th, 2018 at 2:35:25 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The only "uncomfortable" thing you could say to a man all depends on whether you are willing to fight that particular man or not -- otherwise, pretty much anything goes

Perhaps there is a little wisdom there, too - perhaps don't say anything to a woman that if said to a man might start a fight? Or maybe don't say anything to a woman that you wouldn't say if her large, violent boyfriend were present?

Each of these suggestions could be followed at the same time - it isn't like one and only one rule has to be followed.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 25th, 2018 at 5:17:16 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Perhaps there is a little wisdom there, too - perhaps don't say anything to a woman that if said to a man might start a fight? Or maybe don't say anything to a woman that you wouldn't say if her large, violent boyfriend were present?

Each of these suggestions could be followed at the same time - it isn't like one and only one rule has to be followed.

I think we are saying the same things
December 25th, 2018 at 7:03:33 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Large group of employees being issued Ipads that will be numbered, 1-100 or so. A few started asking for numbers.... "I want 1, I want 18 (birthday), etc... One of our highly attractive female employees starts saying as clear and loud as possible.... "I want 69, I want 69!" She giggles, the rest of us uneasily laugh as well. If there is anyone who for a second thinks that if she was a male that she wouldn't be formally reprimanded or worse they are living in make believe land. FACT--- Women can say and do things men cannot!
Page 2 of 3<123>