2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

April 23rd, 2020 at 5:13:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: pew
So you're a racist elitist?

Well if that doesn’t warrant a timeout I don’t know what does...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 23rd, 2020 at 5:52:12 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Gandler
Racist? No.

Elitist? If you mean that I believe Secular Western Values are better, then yes.

And, we should be doing more to export out values to the developing world and regions that are in turmoil.
I respect that you have your view about western values and as a red blooded American male I agree. But as far as the elitism goes all I can say is wow.
April 23rd, 2020 at 5:55:01 PM permalink
pew
Quote: ams288
Well if that doesn’t warrant a timeout I don’t know what does...
Please don't inject yourself into a dialog between men.
April 23rd, 2020 at 6:04:17 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I respect that you have your view about western values and as a red blooded American male I agree. But as far as the elitism goes all I can say is wow.

If you agree about Western Values, but think elitism is overboard care to elaborate?

If you think Western Values are superior wouldn't that make you also an elitist?

Is it just the term "elitist" that is offensive?
April 23rd, 2020 at 6:23:45 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: DRich
I agree it is no hoax, but at what point is something statistically significant? I understand it is subjective but if the bodies stretched from New York City to St. Louis I would argue that is not significant. Roughly 1 million people.
+100

Totally agree.

About 1,200+ people die each day from malaria and dengue fever, but I don't think every city in the US should be shut down because of that either.
April 23rd, 2020 at 6:27:19 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Damn, that's PWNAGE right there! 😂😂

I guess he must "value your opinion"......hehehe 😉
April 23rd, 2020 at 7:01:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Please don't inject yourself into a dialog between men.

Haha, see ya.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 23rd, 2020 at 7:10:44 PM permalink
pew
Quote: Gandler
If you agree about Western Values, but think elitism is overboard care to elaborate?

If you think Western Values are superior wouldn't that make you also an elitist?

Is it just the term "elitist" that is offensive?
I think imposing our superior western civilization on others is elitist. My personal view is that if the Afghani pedophile men want to keep Afghani girls from going to school that's their business. As reprehensible as that is they have the right to suffer on their own. We have enough on our plate defending our values in our own country let alone sheding our children or grandchildren's blood for people who would stick a knife in your back while they smile in your face.
April 23rd, 2020 at 7:24:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I think imposing our superior western civilization on others is elitist. My personal view is that if the Afghani pedophile men want to keep Afghani girls from going to school that's their business. As reprehensible as that is they have the right to suffer on their own. We have enough on our plate defending our values in our own country let alone sheding our children or grandchildren's blood for people who would stick a knife in your back while they smile in your face.

Its unlikely I will get you to change your mind.

But, I view it as helping those less fortunate. The American Military is the social saftey net for the world to cast out when disaster strikes (turmoil, political instability, humanitarian violations).

I feel, I truly beleive, that America is a unique country, and needs to play a role in shaping the world.

There are systems in place for defending the values in our own country (that is not the role of the military, except in extreme measures, and the Coast Guard for obvious reason, as well as the National Guard when under command of a State for local emergencies).

Also, wanted to add, I don't say elitist in a way that I look down on nations as a whole, developing countries have some of the most resilient and brilliant people. But, when they live under a system of oppression (whether than be terror orgs. or other crises), they need our help.
April 23rd, 2020 at 7:51:46 PM permalink
pew
Helping others is a high ideal. Imposing our values on others by force is another thing all together. We do have a great impact on the world and I would agree that is a good thing. Good night from the east coast. Stay well.