8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

March 24th, 2020 at 2:51:39 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: petroglyph
They should probably postpone the election for another year anyway.

I am waiting for my computer to crash from the number of replies on the way from that idea.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 24th, 2020 at 2:52:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Or just cancel it all together and let Biden take over. We need a change in leadership to get us through these difficult times.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 24th, 2020 at 2:52:36 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: kenarman
I am waiting for my computer to crash from the number of replies on the way from that idea.
Jus trying to help.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 24th, 2020 at 2:58:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: ams288
Or just cancel it all together and let Biden take over. We need a change in leadership to get us through these difficult times.
I don't follow politics, but has he been hammering on any ideas like Warren used to? Or just Trump bashing?

What's Joe's big thing? IIRC, he also wanted to curb SS? All that may have changed, idk. I used to think he was funny back in the day, he let loose with some, what I called zingers. It does look from what I've seen, that him being able to sit down his entire campaign will help him alot. That would have helped Hillary.

It's dam hard to be on your feet 10 hours per day, 6-7 days a week and yacking into an audience. Isn't healthy anymore either.

I wonder what Joe has to say about Ukraine nowadays, sans Hunter? They have some hard core rightwingers in charge? I saw he had a 14 minute video, I just can't make myself click on any of it, what's the main thing Joe stands for other than being against Trump or the Corona?
March 24th, 2020 at 3:04:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: ams288
In times of great calamity, it makes sense.

If Obama were the POTUS, I would have said the same thing.
March 25th, 2020 at 4:29:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
\\

Better yet just give 4 years to Trump on a default. He is doing so good in this crisis we cannot have him diverted with an election.

Can you imagine if Hillary had won? Every press conference would be blaming the GOP and YT videos.
The President is a fink.
March 25th, 2020 at 8:29:47 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

not likely

Abraham Lincoln was elected in the November 8, 1864 election even though Civil War was not over until May 9, 1865
Woodrow Wilson was narrowly re-elected in 1916 after campaigning with the slogan "he kept us out of war".
Roosevelt won a 3rd term on November 5, 1940 when he promised there would be no involvement in foreign wars .
Roosevelt won a 4th term on November 7, 1944 well before the end of WW2 on 2 September 1945.
March 25th, 2020 at 8:31:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
\\

Better yet just give 4 years to Trump on a default. He is doing so good in this crisis we cannot have him diverted with an election.

Can you imagine if Hillary had won? Every press conference would be blaming the GOP and YT videos.

I hope that the election can be held as scheduled. I know the options presented are tongue-in-cheek but, no matter the outcome, the country needs elections.

Some of the stuff Nancy Pelosi suggested about early voting extensions, etc. did not belong in the stimulus bill BUT are worth talking about so long as every voter is properly identified as a legal participant in the voting process.

I do early vote but I typically wait until the last day as opposed to doing it on the first day just in case there is an "October Surprise" that would change my mind.
March 25th, 2020 at 9:25:17 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
\\

60% and climbing of Americans
who think Trump is doing a stellar
job in the crisis. I say make him
president for life.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 25th, 2020 at 9:28:13 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Evenbob
60% and climbing of Americans
who think Trump is doing a stellar
job in the crisis. I say make him
president for life.

I am glad we are in a comical mood today!