8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 10th, 2020 at 9:45:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
Not to be outdone, the Republicans went and followed it up with our first colored president.

LOL
Good one.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 10th, 2020 at 10:03:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Because Trump knows how and when to use it.

Exactly! You just don't go around
calling people names at random,
that's stupid. You do it to gain an
edge on an opponent, not diss
an audience member. I'm disappointed
in Kenarman that he can't see
that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 10th, 2020 at 10:26:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
ButtCrack looks like PeeWee Herman's
son:

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 10th, 2020 at 11:26:16 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
He'll never get the Black or
Latino vote or the evangelical
vote or Catholic because he's
Gay. And it will be that way
for a long time.
Thank god.

Quote: AZDuffman
I see a problem with looking like you are in charge. Look a Pocahontas. She doesn't have have what the Marines call "command posture." She comes off like a feminist trying to prove a woman can do something. That never works. Trump has the best command posture of our lifetimes. Maybe the best since Teddy Roosevelt. If you saw Trump in a group you would naturally pick him to first ask, "are you in charge here?" You would never walk up to Warren and ask that. You would never walk up to Hillary and ask that.
That's so true. Trump is one of the most "presidential" figures in American history. You can tell he's a leader just by looking at him and the way he carries himself. Contrast that with Hillary who could barely stand up. And Pocahontas looks more like a PTA member than a presidential candidate. 😂😂
February 10th, 2020 at 11:31:38 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
OMG lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote: Evenbob
ButtCrack looks like PeeWee Herman's
son:

February 10th, 2020 at 11:55:54 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
S'pose I'll drop $0.02, as I'm the guy the Dems are pandering to...

Biden... he's evidence that the majority are ignorant cows. What is he running on other than meme recognition and the fact he was friends with the guy many people liked? Usually focusing on faux pas like his handsy-ness is used to detract from the man's positives. Where are they? I don't have a GD clue what he's on about, what his goal is, what his point is. Forgetting entirely all the jokes... what's left? I see nothing. And I think that assessment is spot on.

Yang? Jesus wept. You're really gonna run on "Math"? 62mm people can't even manage arithmetic and you tryna drop UBI on them? This guy is too ahead of his time. His success depends on an educated populace, and this is America. He's gonna need Uncle Bern to pave the way with free education first, then maybe he'll have a chance. Nothing bad to say about the guy, except he's vastly overestimated our ability to think critically.

Pete... it could just be his youth lending towards an uncertainty within him that I'm misreading, but I have deep suspicions that this guy is a snake. Anytime I see him challenged, I can't even hear the debate over the klaxon in my head screaming "FAKE!!" I don't mean that he'd be some weird quasi-villain a la Trump, just that he'd be exactly the type of politician that allowed Trump footing, that sort of back-room deal, says-one-does-another, special interest type of pol. A typical pol, in other words. And as has been evidenced, people are tired of that s#$%.

Sanders... he's your best shot, IMO. He's got the progs and the yutes on lock, devastatingly so once Yang drops out, and the yutes are surging. He's a tough row to hoe with all the plebian claims of communism, but I think those cries die a little more each time as people see reality. I know I personally am staunchly fiscally conservative, but at this point, I could not give less of a f#$%. Given the choice of another trillion in debt to add a zero to an elite's portfolio or add a trillion to educate and medicate the entire populace, the choice is easy. And let's not forget a big reason Trump won - people were tired of the status quo. Tired of politics, tired of back room deals, tired of "Deep State". As far as politicians go, there isn't a more against-the-grain candidate than Uncle Bern. As the hopefuls love to remind us, "nobody likes him". What better representative for us plebs than he?

Warren? Lol, I had to google "Dem hopefuls" to even remember her. I suppose that's all that need be said.

Bloomberg? I had to google to remember him, too, which I suppose is apt as he's not a real candidate. Even the fact that he likes to give Trump the business resonates not at all with me. If he makes it, it's time to affix bayonets and storm the White House, which I say with as much concern as if I said I'm going to blow up the moon. "Mike". Lol, sit down, "Mike". GMAFB.

Seems to me y'all got a choice. Assume that Americans are stupid and go with Grandpa Joe, or assume Americans got educated and go with Uncle Bern. If you want a guaranteed loss, Joe's your man. Dunno if Bernie can get it done, but since the Leafs are winning the Cup this year, I can't think of anything in this world I personally want to witness more than a Sanders - Trump debate.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 10th, 2020 at 12:21:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
Pete... it could just be his youth lending towards an uncertainty within him that I'm misreading, but I have deep suspicions that this guy is a snake. Anytime I see him challenged, I can't even hear the debate over the klaxon in my head screaming "FAKE!!"

He's a corporate shill, that's
how he's gotten this far on
no name recognition. I just
noticed something else. He's
short! He's 5' 7" and short
guys just don't get elected
president. The only candidate
he's taller than is Bloomberg,
who's a midget. Stand ButtCrack
next to Trump and he'll look
like a kid in Jr High.. lol
February 10th, 2020 at 5:53:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I predict for tomorrow 15-18 delegate for Bernie.
12-15 for Mayor Pete.

And, the then Warren in third, with biden maybe getting 1-5.

If I am wrong and Mayor Pete wins again, I think he will likley be the nominee.

I think Mayor Pete has a lot of support from the establishment at this point and will do well with super delegates compared to Bernie, making wins at individual states even more impactful. There is too much distrust of Bernie from so many DNC insiders and those who influence super delegates.
February 10th, 2020 at 8:33:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Gandler

If I am wrong and Mayor Pete wins again, I think he will likley be the nominee.

The DNC would never allow a Gay
man to be their nominee. He
immediately loses the evangelical,
Catholic, black, and Latino (the
majority of Latino's are Catholic)
vote. He wouldn't have a prayer
of winning. He would lose the
Southern redneck vote. This
country is not as 'woke' as you
seem to think it is.

Try being a Gay man in a Latino
family and 'coming out'. Your
family will disown you out of
humiliation and disgust.
February 10th, 2020 at 8:45:14 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I am ready for a week and a half of political excitement here in Nevada! I'll try to hit a few rallies, mainly for the entertainment value. I rather like rallies, even for candidates I don't like. Here are some election rallies I've been to, as opposed to general speeches for no particular reason:

Reagan
Jessie Jackson
John Kerry
Obama
Walter Mondale

I saw Reagan and Mondale on the same day. Boy were they different -- Reagan was energetic, entertaining and very well organized, while Mondale was two hours late, nobody could see anything due to the press having an elevated stand in front of the stage, and totally boring. No wonder that election was a blowout.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber