2 votes (40%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (20%)

5 members have voted

September 6th, 2018 at 4:38:52 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Here is a convenient memory device for the Seven Deadly Sins. Think of Gilligan's Island.

• Ginger -- Lust. Not so much that she lusted, but caused men to lust after her.
  • Mary Ann -- Envy. She was always envious of Ginger.
  • Professor -- Pride. He was always showing off how smart he was.
  • Mr. Howell -- Greed. That one is obvious.
  • Mrs. Howell -- Sloth. She did jack squat to help out her many years on the island.
  • Skipper -- He can do double duty on Wrath and Gluttony. His obesity speaks for itself and he was always hitting Gilligan in anger with his cap.

What about Gilligan, you might ask? He was the devil keeping them on the island those many years by screwing up every escape plan.

The question for the poll is which of the Sins are you most guilty of?

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 6th, 2018 at 5:06:27 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Tina Louise (the real life actress) may have the sin of Pride, as she often said the role of Ginger ruined her career despite making her a pop-icon.

I think the classic question, "Ginger or Mary Ann" has been settled once and for all a half a century later.

September 6th, 2018 at 5:50:20 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Could never figure out why people watched the show or were able to sing the intro. Astounded that people would write the Port Huaneme naval units to suggest search strategies.

I was often dubbed Mentat or Professor. One was from The Dunes and I guess the other was from this show.

If I had to remember something I'd prefer to remember the twelve cranial nerves.
September 6th, 2018 at 6:23:58 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Fleastiff
Could never figure out why people watched the show or were able to sing the intro.

I'm one of those people who could sing the whole song perfectly and will take on anybody in Gilligan's Island trivia. However, it was popular when I was young and your brain is like a sponge those years. As much as it brings back memories of childhood, I haven't watched an episode in 40 years.

I've heard rumors about a Gilligan's Island movie. They should probably get that going before the audience starts dying off.
September 6th, 2018 at 6:29:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
Here is a convenient memory device for the Seven Deadly Sins. Think of Gilligan's Island.

You sent money to Dawn Wells,
that's why this thread. Admit it..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 6th, 2018 at 6:41:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I'm one of those people who could sing the whole song perfectly and will take on anybody in Gilligan's Island trivia. However, it was popula

Here is an obscure one. What were the call letters to the radio station they were listening to when Gilligan had the winning ticket in a drawing?
The President is a fink.
September 6th, 2018 at 7:25:15 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Here is an obscure one. What were the call letters to the radio station they were listening to when Gilligan had the winning ticket in a drawing?

Dang, after just tooting my horn about my Gilligan's Island trivia acumen, I must admit that I have no idea. Probably an inside joke to something, but I just don't know.
September 6th, 2018 at 11:26:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So far the Dawn Wells gofundme has raised $107K. She
needs $180K.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 7th, 2018 at 2:23:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Dang, after just tooting my horn about my Gilligan's Island trivia acumen, I must admit that I have no idea. Probably an inside joke to something, but I just don't know.

It was KDKA. Back at that time KDKA could be heard miles out at sea, but not in the daytime when the show was set. How the radio worked without power was another mystery I guess.

A piece of trivia you probably know is GI was a throwaway show, they never thought it would make it but needed to fill a slot. It tested awful, people did not get it. Then they made the theme song, and people understood the premise.
The President is a fink.
September 7th, 2018 at 2:51:58 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
KDKA is a PIttsburg clear channel station and the only "K" that is east of the Mississippi. By 'clear channel' I am referring to a frequency allocation without any nearby nighttime conflicts so that rural areas distant from the transmitter will have nighttime access to the station. This has no relationship to the religious programming network known as Clear Channel that operates zillions of supposedly 'local' radio stations from central facilities.
Page 1 of 51234>Last »