Did god create the sun twice? (split-off)

Page 2 of 5<12345>
May 29th, 2018 at 9:01:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
Again, so glad to not be on your team.

LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 30th, 2018 at 5:16:54 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Oy! The stumbling block of blind faith.

So this "light of understanding" or the "light of the world" divided night and day, but not the sun. Right. Again, so glad to not be on your team.
Which is why these discussions or debates never really get off the ground. The starting points are too far apart.
May 30th, 2018 at 5:27:13 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'm still waiting for somebody to please explain this light source that god made to divide the day from night before creating the sun.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 30th, 2018 at 5:30:45 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I'm still waiting for somebody to please explain this light source that god made to divide the day from night before creating the sun.

Molten lava. Fireflies. Lightning. Exploding flatulence.
May 30th, 2018 at 5:38:04 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
Molten lava. Fireflies. Lightning. Exploding flatulence.

Those are the best answers I've heard yet.

Quote: Genesis 1:3-5
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

I'm still hoping to get something that is goes in cycles and is strong enough to divide day from light.
May 30th, 2018 at 5:43:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Must be a wording thing. God didn't make any mistakes, that's how he got to be God.
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2018 at 6:04:28 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
God didn't make any mistakes, that's how he got to be God.

That's another thing you hear all the time -- that god does't make mistakes. However, let's look at Genesis, after the flood was over:

Quote: Genesis 8:21
The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though[a] every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

This shows to me god having regret over causing the flood and killing nearly every human on earth. In other words, if the flood were not a mistake, why would god vow to never do it again?
May 30th, 2018 at 6:43:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
That's another thing you hear all the time -- that god does't make mistakes. However, let's look at Genesis, after the flood was over:

Quote: Genesis 8:21
The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though[a] every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

This shows to me god having regret over causing the flood and killing nearly every human on earth. In other words, if the flood were not a mistake, why would god vow to never do it again?

Have you not ever done something that worked out but still promised never to do it again? I would think we all have. Usually it involves men doing a large project around the house. "I like how it turned out, but wow was it too much work!"

The quote, btw, was from AITF.
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2018 at 10:03:01 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Have you not ever done something that worked out but still promised never to do it again? I would think we all have. Usually it involves men doing a large project around the house. "I like how it turned out, but wow was it too much work!"

Probably. Point well taken.
May 30th, 2018 at 11:22:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
Exploding flatulence.

Lighting farts was the first light
source, everybody knows that.
The Mythbusters even did a
segment on it.

Go to 2 min in if you want to
slip the prep:

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 5<12345>