FORTY TWO

Page 2 of 5<12345>
March 21st, 2018 at 8:58:50 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
If this is current it is really strange, I don't see a link even on Google? How could this not be "all over the news"?
It is all over google news and tv in Buffalo and Syracuse.
March 21st, 2018 at 9:06:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
https://news.google.com/news/search/section/q/42%20priests/42%20priests?hl=en&gl=US&ned=us
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 21st, 2018 at 9:17:08 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Wow, it's not even displayed on my Yahoo home page, nor when I typed it into Google.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 21st, 2018 at 10:21:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
Now you're going to get EB started again. If there are 42 is just Buffalo, that is scary to think of how many there are in the whole country by extrapolating.

Yawn, why is this surprising. Over 50%
of priests now are Gay, even the pope
admitted 2 years ago that the priesthood
has a 'Gay problem'.

I knew lots of Gay men in Calif, there
was a Gay bar in the same block as
my bar. They constantly talked and joked
about having sex with teen boys, in
the 13 to 16 range. That was a huge fantasy
with many of them, and a reality for the
ones that had money. They would pick up
young runaways at the bus station, take
them home, give them a place to stay, and
weed and coke, and in two days they would
be 'doing' them.

I heard these stories non stop for the whole
3 years I had the bar. So if over 50% of the
priesthood is Gay, it stands to reason a certain
number of them are attracted to young boys.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 21st, 2018 at 10:37:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Interesting the article uses the word 'accusations', which means they just covered up the abuse until now! They apparently did not turn over or at least report the criminals to the proper police authorities. I have no idea what the numerator is, or even the denominator, since the cases span decades, but it (42)just seems like such a huge number.

Bob, I find it hard to believe that over 50% of Priests are gay, any link?
March 21st, 2018 at 11:06:20 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: SOOPOO

I think it's probably between 55%-60%. There
was a huge influx of young Gay men into the
priesthood in the 70's thru the 90's and it
really made the numbers jump. The priesthood
has always been a refuge for Gay men since the
Church outlawed sex for the clergy. I've read
articles about what a huge problem it is in
seminaries now. They desperately need new
priests, there's a huge worldwide shortage.
If they kicked all the Gay ones out of seminary,
there would be few left. So they almost are
forced to cater to them.

estimated that as much as 58 percent of priests were gay, and that percentages were even higher for younger priests.

that in his experience, "30 percent are gay.. and 30 percent are in denial (about being gay)."

by sociologists who put the numbers of gay priests as high as 60 percent. https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/29/catholic-priests-its-empirical-fact-that-many-clergy-are-gay

In the 1970's the Los Angeles Times found that 28 percent of priests between the ages of 46 and 55 reported that they were.. (that was the 70's. From the 70's thru the 90's Gays joining the priesthood went off the charts, you can safely double the number of Gay priests now compared to the 70's) http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2017/04/20/how_the_catholic_priesthood_became_a_haven_for_many_gay_men.html

available figures for homosexual priests in the United States range from 30–58%

Pope Francis criticized the Catholic Church for being "frequently violently homophobic" and "insensitive, unfair and brutal" towards people that are gay. This is despite the fact that he claimed there are 'significant' numbers of gay men, and at all levels within the church including the cardinalate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_clergy_in_the_Catholic_Church#Estimating_numbers
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 21st, 2018 at 11:07:26 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: SOOPOO
Interesting the article uses the word 'accusations', which means they just covered up the abuse until now! They apparently did not turn over or at least report the criminals to the proper police authorities. I have no idea what the numerator is, or even the denominator, since the cases span decades, but it (42)just seems like such a huge number.

From a link, in the link: "Additionally, Bishop Richard Malone told the Buffalo News that the list does not include the names of priests who served in churches or schools but belonged to religious orders. ", this is just a partial list.

"The Catholic Church has expressed its opposition to New York State's proposed Child Victims Act, which would allow those abused as children to pursue legal action as adults. Currently, the statute of limitations cuts off the ability to sue at age 23. "

"The Child Victims Act is included in Governor Andrew Cuomo's budget proposal and has the support of the New York State Assembly. It has stalled in the State Senate, however, for more than a decade.

The proposed act is also opposed by the Orthodox Jewish community and the Boy Scouts of America.
"

It is astounding that which makes headlines. The msm is more concerned with Trumps [or WJC's] sexual activity's which are hetero in nature and no surprise to anyone, but these predations, not only by the church's but also D.C., and Hollywood go relatively unreported.

"the media must know it's limitations" [a twist on Clint E.]
March 22nd, 2018 at 7:19:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
From a link, in the link: "Additionally, Bishop Richard Malone told the Buffalo News that the list does not include the names of priests who served in churches or schools but belonged to religious orders. ", this is just a partial list.

The Church will do what it always does,
get out the broom and lift the rug and
sweep like mad. "Nothing to see here,
just move along. What priests do is
none of your business. They're above
the law, you know."

March 22nd, 2018 at 8:22:38 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob

The Church will do what it always does,
get out the broom and lift the rug and
sweep like mad. "Nothing to see here,
just move along. What priests do is
none of your business. They're above
the law, you know."

We are loosely watching a series on Nflix about Rashneesh Puram in the 80's Oregon. I have wondered where cults get all their followers, there seems to be no shortage of people who want to completely turn over their will and possessions. I lived in PNW at the time, it was quite a deal. It is about to get real interesting where the commune brings in 5k homeless to get them to vote. Now the cult wants to get rid of the street people.

I've mentioned before, my sis worked at the federal courthouse in Portland at the time. She witnessed Sheila doing something or other?
March 22nd, 2018 at 8:26:13 PM permalink
Evenbob

We are loosely watching a series on Nflix about Rashneesh Puram in the 80's Oregon.
?

What series is it.
Page 2 of 5<12345>