March for Life 2018

Page 8 of 10« First<5678910>
January 21st, 2018 at 9:45:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: FrGamble
I imagine it would make sense to a mother wouldn't it?

With your rule about someone having complete dominion over anything under their skin how would you handle the poisoning of the developing baby? Do you think the pregnant mother can smoke or drink without regard for anything under her skin?

No I consider it much like house owner dominion. You can remove another person. If you just willy-nilly shoot or poison them for just sitting in the living room, you might or could be prosecuted.

But you have the right to remove them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2018 at 10:07:02 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: rxwine
No I consider it much like house owner dominion. You can remove another person. If you just willy-nilly shoot or poison them for just sitting in the living room, you might or could be prosecuted.

But you have the right to remove them.

In your analogy please remember that in "removing" them you are killing them. Someone cannot peacefully live with you for nine months, anytime during their stay you can kill them for no reason. However, you cannot willy-nilly shoot or poison them? I don't think what you are saying makes much sense.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 21st, 2018 at 10:08:22 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
Christian Taliban are no better than their Islamic counterparts.

There is no Christian Taliban, but the pro-choice taliban are awful.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 21st, 2018 at 10:34:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Our nature, created good by a good God is wounded.

Horsecrap. That's all I'll say here
about that. God does not belong
in an abortion discussion.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 21st, 2018 at 10:38:13 AM permalink
rxwine
In your analogy please remember that in "removing" them you are killing them. Someone cannot peacefully live with you for nine months, anytime during their stay you can kill them for no reason. However, you cannot willy-nilly shoot or poison them? I don't think what you are saying makes much sense.

I didn't forget.

While I believe the state can compel people to do a lot of things, I don't believe it can compel sharing organ functions. We shouldn't even be able to force prisoners to share a kidney function with another person even if it means the other person would die.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2018 at 11:05:22 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
There is no Christian Taliban,

Did you lose your mirror again?

Quote:
but the pro-choice taliban are awful.

Yes, the way they force every woman to have an abortion is truly terrible. So what comic book can I find them in?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 21st, 2018 at 11:13:18 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
Did you lose your mirror again?

Yes, the way they force every woman to have an abortion is truly terrible. So what comic book can I find them in?

It is the demonizing of anyone who dares speak up for the unborn and denying them the right to live that makes them so awful. Did you lose your mirror?
January 21st, 2018 at 11:21:59 AM permalink
rxwine
It is the demonizing of anyone who dares speak up for the unborn and denying them the right to live that makes them so awful.

I actually prefer fewer abortions and more life solutions. But since you guys abhor sexual activity of any kind outside of marriage I find your solutions imperfect as well. And if you can't get over that, I certainly will never consider you reasonable.
January 21st, 2018 at 11:44:28 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
It is the demonizing of anyone who dares speak up for the unborn and denying them the right to live that makes them so awful. Did you lose your mirror?

Mirror mirror on the wall. FrGamble can't find biblical verses to support his view, so his view is just a belief. Life may begin at conception, but for a long time, the Catholic church allowed abortions before "the soul entered the body". Didn't Aquinas say: "“The rational soul ought to be united to a body which may be a suitable organ of sensation… before the body has organs in any way whatever, it cannot be receptive of the soul.”

How Evangelicals decided that life begins at conception. This is interesting. Evangelicals were originally for Roe vs Wade.

Another example: Abortion, history and beginning life. You can blame Falwell for the current pro-life movement.

The ship on abortion has sailed. Christians believe that life begins at conception, and they get abortions and asks for God's forgiveness. Non-Christians do not have that guidance and they have to form an opinion based on what they believe and weigh it against their own morality.

I don't see a problem here. I heap it with all of the other morality issues in the world.
January 21st, 2018 at 1:04:05 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: boymimbo
FrGamble can't find biblical verses to support his view, so his view is just a belief.

As a work of historical fiction, I think that even with supporting biblical verses, views based on those verses are just beliefs.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Page 8 of 10« First<5678910>