Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

October 16th, 2018 at 4:41:41 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Fleastiff
Jane Fonda: They can sweep the floor at Starbucks until they learn.
Learn what?
Not to have 'caveman values'?
Not to have values that conflict with the values you want them to have?
Updates on a theme and its components.
J
Jian Ghomeshi still in trouble with womens groups for insufficient penance. New editor of NYRB still atoning for his predecessor's sins in allowing Ghomeshi to have a voice.
Geoffrey Rush both wins and loses in pretrial skirmishes. He won in keeping a foreign witness out of the proceedings as Judge ruled its too close to trial to bring in videotaping of geographically distant witnesses. He lost on issue of defendant sending lawyer to USA to dig up dirt on Geoffrey Rush.
So trial will go forward on whether Australian media can repeatedly link his name to major scandalous behavior of others while claiming they are
covering the metoo movement and not just his minor act that is of a trivial nature and probably clearly a false accusation made for female's desire for career advancement/compensation.
Media's 'truth' defense will focus on
what media knew at time of publication, not what it may have later learned in defensive fishing expedition
October 22nd, 2018 at 11:49:29 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Fleastiff
So trial will go forward on whether Australian media can repeatedly link his name to major scandalous behavior of others while claiming they are
covering the metoo movement and not just his minor act that is of a trivial nature and probably clearly a false accusation made for female's desire for career advancement/compensation.
Media's 'truth' defense will focus on what media knew at time of publication, not what it may have later learned in defensive fishing expedition

Rush gave his evidence in Australian court, defense likely to get the next two days. Special damages assertion means Rush may receive a few million rather than the paltry amount Australia usually awards in defamation cases.

Rush and his wife continued on the stand. Each became emotional. Not usually a good thing to do on the witness stand.
November 7th, 2018 at 5:12:05 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Trial continues before Australian judge and focuses on the bad pun of the headline extending the scope of the behavior in the mind of the reader if not in the text of the article itself. Also the focus is on an alcohol fueled meeting between two women one of whom wrote an article without any notes or much time for refection and sobriety.

Judge concerned about a erious actor committing improper activities of any sort in a floodlit room filled with several hundred witnesses.

Newspaper maintains a narrow reading of the actual allegations is all that matters not that it was linked tosome larger societal issue of gross improprieties.
November 15th, 2018 at 9:39:20 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Seventy million dollar lawsuit filed by women of Dartmouth claiming psychology department had decades long practice of forced alcohol and rape
promotion of offending professors and dismissal of complaining victims.
December 13th, 2018 at 6:58:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
CBS secretly paid Eliza Dushku a $9.5 million settlement after Michael Weatherly harassed her on the set of Bull.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/cbs-paid-eliza-dushku-9-5-million-to-settle-harassment-claim-on-bull-1202519943/

NYT broke the story, but it’s behind a paywall so I linked to Deadline.

I of course know her as Faith from Buffy. Had no idea she was on Bull (for three episodes). Glad she was able to cash in. Clearly there is a major problem at CBS. Think of all those weird departures people have made from NCIS over the years...

And there’s this:

Oops.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 13th, 2018 at 8:35:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
CBS secretly paid Eliza Dushku a $9.5 million settlement after Michael Weatherly harassed her on the set of Bull.

"Michael Weatherly, who remarked about her appearance, made a rape joke and a commented about a threesome"

Here we go, #metoo at it's best. Women
will screw themselves royally, just wait
and see.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2018 at 12:09:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Pauley Perrette, Sasha Alexander Defend Michael Weatherly After Sexual Harassment Claim Surfaces

You know, He said something like "Come to my rape van." That right there is so far over the line I can't believe it isn't a joke. And so I think it was a joke. It may be a super bad joke, but if you took it seriously, you'd have to have super thin skin. I don't know that I buy this case in particular.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/pauley-perrette-sasha-alexander-defend-michael-weatherly-after-sexual-harassment-claim-surfaces/ar-BBR03go?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 16th, 2018 at 11:19:58 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Actress in Orange is the New Black makes scandalousaccusations in NYTimes article against Geoffrey Rush for dressing room activities in 2011. No explanation for her failure to document supposed text messages or make contemporaneous comments about hnd held mirror.
December 17th, 2018 at 6:28:00 AM permalink
Fleastiff
I do not believe any of the accusationsand have no idea what the woman's motives are: career enhancement? Loyalty an oppressed sex, favors to someone involved in the Australian case or their counsel? Likes bandwagons?
December 18th, 2018 at 2:23:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
It seems Australian Member of Parliament had to retire after using a 'sugar daddy' site while on a business trip.
What nonsense.