Will God Survive Science

Page 19 of 20« First<1617181920>
March 1st, 2018 at 7:55:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Since Vatican II, huh? You know that was just in the 60s. .

In earnest since the 60's, rewriting has
always been ongoing for hundreds of
years. I remember Vatican II, I was in
HS. Ed, the ex priest, says the pastor
of his church refused to do Mass in
English after Vatican II. He always did
in Latin with his back to the congregation,
like he was taught. Many priests resented
Vatican II, the older ones especially.

One of the reasons Ed left the priesthood
was confession. 90% of Catholics went
to confession in the 60's and it drove
him nuts after a few years. So many hours
a week being the thought police, as he
called it, listening to people tell him how
many times they had sinful thoughts.
Yuck..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 1st, 2018 at 8:19:45 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
When are you going to confess that your sources for your anti-Catholic bigotry are nothing but poor ex-priests who had atypical awful experiences and lies and myths you've been brainwashed by or read about on weird and totally unreliable websites.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 2nd, 2018 at 12:15:50 AM permalink
Evenbob
When are you going to confess .

When will you confess you're just a puppet
on a string and the Vatican controls you
hook line and sinker. They say jump and
you never question it. Just like you never
question anything they tell you. But that's
the loyalty all cults demand, it goes with
the territory.

"The Pope and Vatican publicly state that they are the leaders of a cult - the Catholic Church Lumen Gentium - the Dogmatic Constitution of the Catholic Church, Solemnly Promulgated by His Holiness the Pope on November 21, 1964, calls itself a cult, using the word 'cult', 7 times. The Catholic Church calls itself a cult. Its daily practices include altars, robes, eating of human flesh, drinking of human blood, rituals, virgins, virginal conception, and on and on. A Catholic priest is required to refuse communion to anyone that does not truly believe that the communion bread is the body of the human Christ and that the communion wine is the blood of human Christ. The Catholic Church is a cult and it calls itself a cult many times in its own Constitution."

False doctrines and beliefs:

#1 -They believe that their church is the only true church - #1 characteristic of a cult.

#2 - They have a sole leader that is "God's spokesman" to the church and world.

#3 - They have extra-biblical writings that they hold as equal to the scripture.

#4 - They hold unorthodox doctrines. - purgatory, ever virgin Mary, mass.

#5 - They worship idols.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 2nd, 2018 at 8:14:43 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob

False doctrines and beliefs:

Literally the only thing you get right in your post is by accident. The following beliefs are false. The fact that you think the Catholic Church holds them is more evidence that you are not ernest in wanting to understand others or find truth.

Quote:
#1 -They believe that their church is the only true church - #1 characteristic of a cult.

In the Vatican II documents the confused and disturbed person you quote seems to reference you will read the important phrase, "subsists in". This is an important recognition that other Christian communities and even other faiths can lead one to the truth of God and salvation. However, where you are most wrong here is that someone claiming they know the truth is the#1 characteristic of a cult. You claim falsely that there is no God. Does that make you a cult. Claiming to know the truth is not what makes a cult. Refusing to defend it, using tactics like calling those who disagree puppets, ignoring questions, blocking people, being mean and rude- these are the characteristics of a cult.

Quote:
#2 - They have a sole leader that is "God's spokesman" to the church and world.

The Pope is first among equals and is the servant of the servants of God. He is NOT the sole leader of the Church.

Quote:
#3 - They have extra-biblical writings that they hold as equal to the scripture.

False.

Quote:
#4 - They hold unorthodox doctrines. - purgatory, ever virgin Mary, mass.

Not a single teaching against Scripture and not a single teaching that is contrary to the belief and practice of Christianity for its first 1500 years.

Quote:
#5 - They worship idols.

False and a tired anti-Catholic claim. Again, no one knows where you get this crazy stuff, but Bob I need to tell you it is really bad and outdated. If you want some good anti-Catholic stuff that is smart, modern, and actually deals with the Church not this made up fake stuff I can probably help you out.

I feel like I need to call you to repentence for this last post. It starts with an unfair, mean, unbalanced, and unjustified attack on me. Then it goes on to just false attacks that have little to no basis in reality.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 2nd, 2018 at 12:46:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
I feel like I need to call you to repentence for this last post.

I predicted to myself you would answer
in exactly the way you did. As you have
been programmed to do, all your strings
being pulled from Rome. I notice you don't
deny your own pope used the word cult
7 times in 1964 to describe his religion.
March 2nd, 2018 at 1:31:30 PM permalink
FrGamble
Oh Bob, you have no answers, no defense, no sorrow, no understanding. The Latin word cult or cultus means worship. The Pope is not referring to the universal Church using a negative word. Do I really need to write this to you? Did you think for an instant even when reading the quote you supplied that the Pope was referring to the Church established by Jesus Christ as a closed minded, anti-truth, gnostic society? I can't believe that anyone would ever think that and take seriously somebody who did. Especially when the main evidence given are all lies and myths. Come on Bob, I have to believe you are better than this!
March 2nd, 2018 at 1:48:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Oh Bob, you have no answers,

"Evidences of cultism in Roman Catholicism are numerous to mention. One significant consideration: any religious group that threatens damnation and/or excommunication to any segment of its membership for eating, drinking, marrying, or failure to attend religious rites is a cult."

Your Church was guilty on all these
counts, and still guilty on some of
them. You will no longer go to hell
for eating meat of Friday, but they
taught that when I was a kid. It's
a go to hell sin to miss mass. Or for
same sex people to marry. Even
being a drunkard is a mortal sin and
you will suffer damnation. It's a cult.
March 2nd, 2018 at 1:58:36 PM permalink
FrGamble
Have you no shame Bob? You are like a little child who when shown to be wrong stomps all the louder and screams some more. Or the whiny child will desperately change the topic to avoid admitting they are wrong. I so wish you did know what the Church really teaches. But none of what you mentioned has anything to do with excommunication. You would do well to look into the requirements for mortal sin. By the way did you look up what the Latin word culture means?
March 2nd, 2018 at 2:33:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
You would do well to look into ?

It's like arguing with a Moonie that
he's not a member of a cult. Actual
cult members are always the last
to know what they really are. The
Unification Church doesn't consider
itself a cult either. They consider
their take on Jesus as valid as the
Vatican's.

"The Divine Principle (Moonie doctrine) is based on the Bible and includes new interpretations not found in Jewish and Christian tradition (just like Catholics have). Central to Unification Church teachings is the concept that fallen mankind can be restored to God only through Christ (the Messiah), who comes as a new Adam to become the new head of the human race (replacing the sinful parents), through whom mankind can be reborn into God's family. According to Divine Principle, Jesus of Nazareth is this Christ."

Yet the Monnies are a cult and the
Catholics aren't? Sure they are, just
not to themselves.
March 2nd, 2018 at 3:54:48 PM permalink
FrGamble
Do you want to talk about this and have a dialogue? Do you have any response to the criticisms and challenges I presented to the source that originally mislead you in this discussion? I trust that even your ex-priest friend will put you straight about the mistakes you and your sources are making.
Page 19 of 20« First<1617181920>