NFL Demonstrations

September 29th, 2017 at 3:49:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
The knee protest is the most passive protest I have ever seen.

It is. A bended knee has both connotations of noble causes, submission, or humbleness, and nothing aggressive. It's what a guy does to propose. A form of respect (at least until the marriage goes on the rocks)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 29th, 2017 at 4:04:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
Heard an interview with Charlie Daniels a few months ago. He said it took him 12 years to write his autobiography because he couldn't find a stopping place.

He's one of those amazing guy who won't stop until he is dead.
The President is a fink.
October 2nd, 2017 at 10:08:20 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
It's past time to stop responding to the Orange Twit every time some outrage comes out his mouth.

I'm not saying to let every outrage go uncontested, but trying to argue with a troll only feeds him. So, for example, with the NFL tweets, the reasonable response would be "Well, too bad you don't own an NFL team and have no say in League matters."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 2nd, 2017 at 12:14:36 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Not that I think this issue is very important, especially in light of yesterday's shooting, but how did the National Anthem go down in yesterday's NFL games?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 2nd, 2017 at 12:29:03 PM permalink
rxwine
I like Earnhardt Jr response. (tweet).

Quote:
All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable-JFK
— Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) September 25, 2017
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 2nd, 2017 at 12:32:06 PM permalink
rxwine
October 2nd, 2017 at 1:11:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Wizard
Not that I think this issue is very important, especially in light of yesterday's shooting, but how did the National Anthem go down in yesterday's NFL games?

Didn't watch at all, reports I heard were mixed.

On the Mandalay Bay shooting, can you give any kind of on-the-ground report of how things are around Vegas?
The President is a fink.
October 2nd, 2017 at 7:00:29 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Wizard

Not sure
Local Bucs game in Tampa was sold out. So much for a boycott
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 10th, 2017 at 3:25:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
“current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.”--Roger Goddell.

The worm may be starting to turn here, the NFL actually paying attention to their customers for once. Though some damage will never be repaired as an unknown but positive number of fans will never tune back in or else tune in far less often as they find other uses for their time.

I still see football as having passed the entry into the mouth of and in the early part of an inevitable decline. Sporadic tales of high schools dropping football for lack of players are popping up. They will continue. The average person is denying a problem at the moment, in a decade they may look back and wonder how they missed it.
The President is a fink.
October 10th, 2017 at 7:56:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The protests will continue.
The players know this gets under Trumps skin
We have a President that perceives any protest as a personal insult to himself and whines about it on twitter.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"